SFMM Toll Booth Robbery

I suppose it was just a matter of time.

Such a nice neighborhood these days, such a nice park, and they do charge $15 to park:

Four Rob Six Flags

By Signal Staff

Monday December 4, 2006 Four males robbed a Six Flags Magic Mountain toll booth of an undisclosed, reportedly considerable amount of cash Sunday afternoon, Lt Mark Briskie said.

Just before 2 p.m., a four-door BMW drove up to the booth, flashed a handgun at the attendant and took all the money on hand, he added.

The car was able to get away before law enforcement arrived.

Magic Mountain is located very close to Interstate-5 making it quickly accessible to those passing through.

http://www.the-signal.com/?module=displays...amp;format=html

Nice. I`m sure that they will be evaluating how often they empty the cash drawers at their toll booths. It is really like a sitting target if they don`t empty them enough. I know that at Coney, from working the ticket booth numerous times, if it is busy, they will come and empty out the drawer numerous times throughout the day. They will then replace the money with "rob" slips that signalize how much money was turned into the cash room. It means that I have less physical money in my drawer, but it still accounts for the ability to complete the necessary paperwork.

I wonder if they have cameras at their tollbooths. Not like that would have deterred the robbers from committing the crime in the first place. I can`t recall if KI has cameras watching over their parking tolls. But I do know that they have cameras watching over the front gates.

Seaworld has cameras at their tollbooths and the employees still try to take money. I heard of one guy taking parking money and giving the drivers a ticket they put in their car like they had free parking with their pass or something like that. By giving that it made his money come out right at the end of the day. They think this employee did this for around 3 months. I heard he averaged about 40 cars a day and if you add it up thats a good amount of money.

In the end he was fired and made to pay back 2000 of it. It was 2000 because they didn't know how much he took.

I hear this happens all the time but this guy was one of the best at it.

Sadly most losses to business is from the result of theft by an employee, but not always by the employee taking the money directly, but by passing on security information to others to do the job for them. It’s not always the person on the front lines but also those at or near the top of the company that feel that great temptation from stealing.

I worked as a bank teller for a short while in my younger years and took security training classes as part of my employment. It was preached to us over and over “you can not stop the thieves who have planned to rob you, you can only put up preventive measures to detour them†BUT “you can prevent most of the Would-be robbers from stealing as a customer or employee by not putting them in a temptation situationâ€Â. Where as I saying most people don’t go in to the bank to steel from them but if a teller puts a thousand dollars down on the counter in plan view of the customer then left the area, the temptation to take that money is too hard for some to resist. There for business should always be looking for ways to keep temptations down to a minimal from all levels.

Assuming, of course, that there WAS a robbery...and there WAS a BMW, and that the occupants of said BMW, if there was one, were not in cahoots with the parking booth attendant.

Having seen much in my life, one of my very first questions to myself when I saw this was : "Could this in reality be an inside job?"

I've known more than one grocery employee/fast food employee/manager who was fired for faking a robbery. None were prosecuted, but they were fired, and didn't contest their dismissals...

This is the third reference as to someone who thinks that this story is funny and I truly don’t mean any disrespect but I really don’t find any humor in anyone being robed at gunpoint. I know that if this happened closer to home like Kings Island you all would probably be felling a little more uneasy about that and for the pour fellow cast members who endured that freighting experience. The mere thought of someone coming into a Chuck E Cheese to rob the place is even more disturbing considering the children there and the fright that the parents must have had.

Now I would haft to admit that CoastersNsich commit was funny.