what is the most missed ride?

beastfan11

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss:

Enchanted Voyage (the original from 70's/early 80's)

Flying Eagles

Getting rid of the Eagles was one of the worst decisions the park ever made, and to this day makes no sense to me whatsoever... They did not need that land at all. They got rid of a flat ride just for the heck of it or to save Carowinds some money. I take yearly treks to Carowinds so I can still ride this amazing flat ride... Part of the soul of Kings Island was removed along with the Eagles. :(

Most definitely antique cars. Total insanity.

Wild Animal Habitat Monorail (too little to remember actually riding it, but have pics :) )

Skylab was fun

Rode the Flyers a few times, but never developed the emotional connection to them that many did

................. you take yearly treks to Carowinds just so you can ride the Eagles?????????????

I know you weren't asking me, but not only do I take treks down there largely for that purpose, but my pass is now from that park...and I find myself there far, far more often than I do in Mason, Ohio.

As for PKD's "Eagles," Pshaw....The ones at Carowinds ARE the ones from KI, and are nearly as much fun as when they were at Kings Island. The ones at Kings Dominion LOOK the same....the only plus I see to KD over CWi or KI is that they have Volcano, and that's quite a plus, but Carowinds has Top Gun: The Jet Coaster, Thunder Road, Borg (only one of my favoritest coasters on God's green earth), and many, many of my friends. I can never visit Carowinds without seeing at least two dozen people I am now great friends with.

But things look to be looking up for Kings Island...and I even got myself a parking pass.

But yes, I miss the Flying Eagles...and the many, many people I rode with on them in Mason.

I guess one common theme with the Eagles and the Antique Cars, were that they were rides that could be enjoyed by both young and old alike. They were perfect rides for young kids to ride with their grandparents. Especially their grandparents on the Eagles since they likely rode the ride when they were their grandchildren`s age at Coney Island.

In no particular order:

Flying Eagles - for obvious reasons

King Cobra - just a great stand-up coaster

Wild Animal Habitat Monorail - a truly family-friendly attraction

Antique Cars - beautifully landscaped family attraction

Phantom Theater - just a great dark ride, great music and theming!

Son of Beast with the loop - one of a kind

................. you take yearly treks to Carowinds just so you can ride the Eagles?????????????

Well, I love Top Gun also, but yes, The Eagles are my main reason. I love the ride and the history behind it! It is only an 8 hour drive where I live, so it is not too bad, and Carowinds is a fun park in general. So yes, I take yearly trips there!

I take yearly treks to Carowinds so I can still ride this amazing flat ride

If you are going to do that, drive another 80 miles and go to PKD & BGE. PKD has the Eagles, and is a OK park, BGE is a terrific park and well worth the drive by itself.

I have also been to PKD and BGE and love both parks! The Eagles at PKD are REALLY nice, but I still prefer the ones at Carowinds more. And BGE is one of my all time favorite parks!

It's not a ride, but I miss Winterfest.

I have been to carowinds every year since the eagles have moved too. Granted, I have friends down there, but I ride the ride every year.