what is the most missed ride?

beastfan11

Have to vote for the the Eagles, Bat and Demon.

Showing my age a bit, but used to love the walk up the rattling stairs on my way up to ride the Demon. Probably the scariest part of the ride at the time. Always felt like it was going to shake itself apart when the train got going above.

By the way, I still have that pennant with The Beast, Screamin Demon and Bat logos on it. Can't remember what exact year I bought it. It's on my kid's wall right now. The logos are shrouded in fog with the tower and fireworks in the background. Was fortunate enough to snag a Bat press kit a couple of years ago also. It includes the annoucement release, layout sheets and a few construction and finished ride shots. Fun stuff.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh how I miss the Smurfs Enchanted Voyage!! That was my favorite childhood ride and I still remember being terrified that the ride would stop in the middle and I'd have to get out and walk by Gargamel to get down the emergency stairs! Just such a great ride and much better than Phantom Theater (which was good) and Scooby Doo (which is not).

Loved King Cobra! True, it wasn't the tallest or fastest or even scariest...but those bunny hills at the end were great for airtime and I loved that twist at the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Phantom Theatre & Eagles

I miss them too also I really miss the Old Fashion cars.

Sounds like i wasnt the only one who had fun on the antquie cars when we were teens. That was the spot, I kissed my first chick on them and other things hehehe.

I MISS PHANTOM THEATER!!!! -Hauntguy

Me too. It needs to come back.

... the Revnge of the Maestro

I like it.

That was just another place for teens to make-out. lol

I miss WINTERFEST, both old and new.

I miss Wild Animal Habitat

I miss The Smurfs Enchanted Voyage

I miss The Shows of Old

I miss King Cobra

I miss being so young that Kings Island was all that I had to worry about.

m.f.

I miss WINTERFEST, both old and new.

I miss Wild Animal Habitat

I miss The Smurfs Enchanted Voyage

I miss The Shows of Old

I miss King Cobra

I miss being so young that Kings Island was all that I had to worry about.

m.f.

• 2 weeks later...

Simple....

I miss when Kings Island was themed with trees, grass, and landscaping, Not Concrete and Movie posters. I miss when it was ok to try something that had never been done before. and finally I miss being the Flag ship park...

Speaking my mind since 1976...

Trying something that had never been done before? By trying something that has never been done before, I assume you mean prototype rides? Drop Zone, when it was built, was the tallest gyro drop in the world. (The Drop Zone at Kings Dominion is only about eight feet taller, and its ring of seats doesn`t spin.) The last prototypical coaster that Kings Island installed had serious issues. (aka Son of Beast) Delirium was a first of its kind ride by the manufacturer, as was Tomb Raider. Both rides have suffered snippets of mechanical issues throughout the seasons. Although, hopefully Delirium`s issues have been ironed out now and it is all smooth sailing.

Rides I miss:

Enchanted Voyage

Screamin' Demon' -- wish I'd gotten to Camden Park to ride it in its later years

Rotor

The elephant ride

The monorail

Being able to walk up to the first platform on the Eiffel Tower

Tumblebug

Zodiac

Keelhaul Canal -- simply the best flume ride ever!

The canoe ride -- it was dorky and hard work, but it was fun as a little kid

The Bat

Oh, what the heck, anything that used to be at that park that's gone. I want my childhood back!

I can't believe that I actually rode Enchanted Voyage. I read about it alot on these forums. I went back and found some old pics, and actually found ones of me on it. I just don't remember it! I've even listened to the theme song, but it doesn't help. I was just too little to remember. Well, I'm glad at least that I did ride it at one time.

All of them and WinterFest, and Lion Country Safari

But most of all, I miss instant access to the park, after driving the whole whopping half an hour to get there.

Thats was a lot better than the 15 hours that it takes to get there now.

But hey, I've got instant access Disney, SeaWorld, Universal now. And coming soon, MY FIRST TRIP TO BUSCH GARDENS....I will let you all know how that goes. Right now they have a special going on for Fl. State Residents, buy a One Day Pass at resident price, and come back all year until December 31st!

I have to agree with Rail Rider, Busch Gardens is an absolutely amazing park, I held a season pass there last year, even though we live in Ohio, it was that great. They have four of the best roller coasters that you will ever ride in Gwazi, Kumba, Montu and Sheikra, and the safari is unbelievable. Also the Park is kept up nice and the staff although always busy are very hospitable! They also have some great shows! I will visit Busch Gardens many more times in my future, It also to me was tied if not better in some areas than the "2nd happiest place on Earth" or USF!

When I was a kid I loved -

Bayern Curve - one of my all time favorites

The "roulette wheel" ride - I can't remember the name

The train with the Western theming and the actors. I'll always remember laughing at one of the train robbers and he looked at me and said "Waht are you laughing at boy? Do you think it's funny to see people robbed and shot at?"

Some of the old Coney rides like the Tumble Bug.

Der Spinnin Keggers.

Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal

The original Enchanted Voyage

Someone else said it best earlier - "I miss being so young that King's Island is all I had to worry about"

At least we can still go there and have some fun. :)