what is the most missed ride?

beastfan11

I forgot about Gullivers Travel, I liked that and the log flume, I hate those water rides you have to get soaked on, it use to be nice to have a nice leisurely water ride in between riding coasters for a break, I really don't enjoy walking around for the next hour drenched.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the name of the Potato Sack Slide.

Flying Carpets

I forgot about Gullivers Travel, I liked that and the log flume, I hate those water rides you have to get soaked on, it use to be nice to have a nice leisurely water ride in between riding coasters for a break, I really don't enjoy walking around for the next hour drenched.

Gulliver's Tubs was an incredible ride. I'd venture to say that the theming on that ride was better than anything that is left in the park currently.

What was the name of the Potato Sack Slide.

Flying Carpets

Gulliver's Tubs was an incredible ride. I'd venture to say that the theming on that ride was better than anything that is left in the park currently.

I can barely remember the ride, it left when I was pretty young, but I have few vague memories of it, and I remember loving it.

Those slides were actually pretty common at one time. I suspect that maintenance issues and liability concerns, along with rider boredom (I've done that before, why pay/spend my time doing it again?) contributed to their nearly universal demise. Believe it or not, shopping centers used to install them in parking lots, or let tenants do so. Those were usually pay-by-the-ride.

The rides I loved as kid and I miss are:

King Cobra(First rode it when I was 9!)

Days of Thunder @ Action FX Theater

Smurfs Enchanted Voyage

Flintstone Flyers

Scrappy's Slide

Hanna-Barbera Carousel

Scooby-Choo

Scooby-Zoom

JabberJaws Tubs

Kenton's Cove KeelBoat Canal

SunShine Turnpike

Jetsons Space Port

Yogi's Play area

Jellybean Bowl

The Flintstones:Boulder Bumpers

:( I miss em but I will never forget em!

Way way back in the day I worked on the giant slide for a few years in coney. Just talked to a friend who worked also on the same ride. He has a pic of us from the early 80's on top of the side in our snazzy blue gaberdine pants, white belts & red/white pin stripe shirts...lol

Hey! Hey! I worked in HB when I started! 1 pair Baby Blue Bell Bottoms and 1 pair of Orange Bell Bottoms with a fluffy pirate style pull over shirt and Rainbow Suspenders!

LOL, Ahhh, them were the days!

Hey! Hey! I worked in HB when I started! 1 pair Baby Blue Bell Bottoms and 1 pair of Orange Bell Bottoms with a fluffy pirate style pull over shirt and Rainbow Suspenders!

LOL, Ahhh, them were the days!

Yes; them were the days.

It always seemed that the employees really enjoyed playing their part while in their work costume.

A worker working at the Tower of Terror.

IPB Image

As has been stated several times on here Disney once said “Were just running a dressed-up carnivalâ€Â.

It seems that Disney is still following that philosophy still to this day as seen in the pictures.

In fact anywhere at Disney the workers are dressed to blend into the environment to give the valued guest an exceptional experience.

IPB Image

Some places have went to an park wide uniform and it shows in a variety of ways.

Only at a select few places; them still are the days!

I think I miss the Smurfs Enchanted Voyage (I don't remember the original Enchanted Voyage) and the Antique Cars the most. To me, they are rides that really set Kings Island apart from competitors. Sure, antique cars by themselves are not unique, but the placement, landscape and overall setting of KI's Antique Cars really made it a fantastic ride. You could tell that the early park planners had a really good understanding about what would make the park very aesthetically pleasing.

As for park features, I also really miss the ivy walkway from HB land into Rivertown.

I miss:

Enchanted Voyage (the original from 70's/early 80's)

Flying Eagles

Getting rid of the Eagles was one of the worst decisions the park ever made, and to this day makes no sense to me whatsoever... They did not need that land at all. They got rid of a flat ride just for the heck of it or to save Carowinds some money. I take yearly treks to Carowinds so I can still ride this amazing flat ride... Part of the soul of Kings Island was removed along with the Eagles. :(

I think the worst desicion the park has ever made is, SELLING IT TO PARAMOUNT!!!! :wacko: All that Paramount did was pretty much tear out all of the natural effects and just run the park into the ground!! Well, at least (hopefully) CF will clean things up....

I actually really miss Les Taxis. I always liked taking a break in the mid afternoon and going for a nice, quiet, scenic ride on the antique cars, or just strolling the midway in that part of rivertown. It used to be so quiet, and serene. Now... ugh.

I also miss the Keelboats, and King Cobra because I never got the chance to ride them.