what is the most missed ride?

beastfan11

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't anyone else miss the tanks with the tennis balls. I never got to ride them because I was too small but they looked like they were pretty fun to ride.

I must be too young to have seen those or remember them.

It was actually an old game. I dont remember exactly when they were done away with though.

Anyways, Cobra was just great. I loved it. It was fun to ride a stand up coaster, even though they kinda phased out. Wasn't KC the first looping stand up? Or Maybe just in the states? I forget.

Nope, we are talking about tanks that shot real live tennis balls! Indiana Beach had a similar operation...at IB it was coin operated...I don't remember whether KI had a real live operator or they were coin operated, though I could swear it was the former.

As for the ball thingy you posted, both KK and SFGAd still have those...as long as the balls are cleaned frequently (and I do mean frequently), they are fine attractions for the little ones...

I miss the log ride, the Kings Mill one, not the keel boats. I miss being able to fit in Beastie, last time I rode it I thought I was going to fall out. The antiques were sweet. And the RR before it was made a transport to water works. Enchanted Voyage was always a nice way to get out of the heat. Have they put anything where the dolphin show was, last I saw it was closed and ugly?

The Kings Mill log flume is still there, and not all that changed. But, remember, it WAS indeed Paramount's plan to remove it...just as they removed the Tiques and the Flying Scooters. Only public outcry saved the original flume from Coney Island. The changes made to it only refreshed the ride and got ridership back up to justifiable levels.

Yep. The park at one point was even saying that the ride was being completely removed. All of the trough except on the lifts, stations and the final drop and splash down was replaced. They removed all the wood that supported the fiberglass trough, as well as removing the fiberglass trough. They then replaced the trough with stainless steel. After they gave it a fresh coat of paint, they brought in the Thornberrys to call it home. And instantly a classic ride was saved from the wrecking ball and once again able to thrill thousands of visitors to the park and create even more memories for years to come.

Yep. The park at one point was even saying that the ride was being completely removed. All of the trough except on the lifts, stations and the final drop and splash down was replaced. They removed all the wood that supported the fiberglass trough, as well as removing the fiberglass trough. They then replaced the trough with stainless steel. After they gave it a fresh coat of paint, they brought in the Thornberrys to call it home. And instantly a classic ride was saved from the wrecking ball and once again able to thrill thousands of visitors to the park and create even more memories for years to come.

The great thing was that they did the same thing with the Antique Cars and the Keelboat Canal as well!

I remember those. In fact, I worked with a guy who used to work on those.

There were live operators in the tanks, which floated on water. If I remember correctly from when I was like 6, they were in HB back by the giant slide and the Turnpike. Basically the ride worked thusly:

Operators would man the tanks and the drystations on land, and would engage in war. If the tank was hit, the light would go off above the tank and the triggers would not work to shoot for a period of time (I think.) If someone was hit on land, they would be sprayed with water, and their gun wouldnt work for a period of time. It would go like that until the game was over.

My most missed ride is actually the Turnpike, for the sole reason that the year I was finally tall enough to drive it, the park removed it. I was bummed out, especially since I was only 6.

I think I miss Eagles and Antique Cars the most. I miss the Eagles just because it was fun to snap and see the guests reactions to it like the ride was about to blow up or something. And the Antique Car area was the most beautiful section of our park and IJST is of course a giant eye sore. I know that has been discussed millions of times before, so sorry for that. But hey! Carowinds is only 8 1/2 hours away or so!

You are probably talking about the Schwarzkopf Bayern Kurve? That was a new ride in 1973, along with Kenton's Keelboat Canal and the Flying Dutchman . . .None of those additions survive at Kings Island.

That was also the first year for the International Street Restaurant, above the front gate, which also is no longer used.

Rides I miss the most:

Enchanted Voyage (the original, not that headache-inducing Smurf knock-off!)

Screamin' Demon

Zodiac

Keelboat Canal

Witches' Cauldron

Rotor

I would say Bat, but it really wasn't around long enough/was operational often enough to truly get attached to.

It's not a ride, per se, but the other thing I would add to this list is being able to walk up to the first level of the Eiffel Tower.

No offense, but didn't we just do this thread a little while ago? Unless it's the same one...okay, nobody look to see if I double posted. ;)

You are probably talking about the Schwarzkopf Bayern Kurve? That was a new ride in 1973, along with Kenton's Keelboat Canal and the Flying Dutchman . . .None of those additions survive at Kings Island.

That was also the first year for the International Street Restaurant, above the front gate, which also is no longer used.

Yup, Bayern Curve was a very cool ride. It's funny, that's when Oktoberfest actually had attractions in it.