what is the most missed ride?

beastfan11

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rides I miss:

Enchanted Voyage

Screamin' Demon' -- wish I'd gotten to Camden Park to ride it in its later years

Rotor

The elephant ride

The monorail

Being able to walk up to the first platform on the Eiffel Tower

Tumblebug

Zodiac

Keelhaul Canal -- simply the best flume ride ever!

The canoe ride -- it was dorky and hard work, but it was fun as a little kid

The Bat

Oh, what the heck, anything that used to be at that park that's gone. I want my childhood back!

I agree with you on everything except, the elephant ride, canoe ride and rotor. I think those were gone by the time I was old enough to ride. I do remember my older sister talking about how she would get on the rotor and then get right back on. I guess there were no lines. That's how it was when I rode the screamin' demon in its last season. I miss all of the other rides you mentioned.

Flying Eagles, the most. I still vision them sitting there every time I walk by IJ, and yes I agree there was still room to leave them. Paramount decided to make it a kiddie ride at Carowinds. I guess they didn't like enthusiasts snapping the cords as it was meant to be since they tried to make it more of a family park. I disagree, it was already a family park, why take something out that soo many enjoyed. There was always a line.

I miss the big slide in the potato sacks too (forgot the name). That was so much fun, a classic.

SunShine Turnpike. Wow I remember enjoying this so much as a kid.

I never was around for screamin Demon, but I heard that was one of the best rides according to my elders ;)

I miss the big slide in the potato sacks too (forgot the name). That was so much fun, a classic.

I worked on that ride back in the early 80's, it was the best ride to work on for it being non-mechanical. So many stories and tales to tell about working on that ride. Also found some old video that I took but have to get it switched over to dvd

Just a small comment Flight Commander was a terrible ride and I am certainly happy it was removed. You were lucky to get in one that worked, they would either be stuck and not move, spin uncontrolably, or not respond at all. It just wasn't a very good ride except for maybe it's first year.

Rides I truly miss are The Demon (my favorite also was eventually dubbed The Screamin Demon), Tumble Bug, Flying Eagles, Bayern Kurve, actually most of the old flat rides. I do miss being able to walk up the steps to the 50ft platform. I miss the clown band as well. The tram was a nice way to cool off on a hot day at the park. The firworks show when they use to shoot much higher into the sky, now sometimes your lucky if you see them. I miss the old atmosphere of Kings Island more than anything. The old HB sippy drinks, the little remote boats you pumped quarters in to control.

On a side note maybe I just haven't looked at many pictures as of late or my memory escapes me, but isn't the slingshot ride sitting where the majority of the King Cobra was? I know Delirium sites where the gift shop and part of the Helix was but the majority is taken up by a pay per ride isn't it. I still wouldn't trade much for Delirium, when it is up and running it is a very fun thrill-ride. It is also very nice to look at and you can get a great breeze from it if you stand in the right spot.

I haven't been to KI since 2001, but I wish I could ride the following rides at least one more time....

1 - The Flying Shoes (can't remember the name)

2 - Ferris wheel across from the swinging ship

3 - Smurfs

4 - Zodiac

5 - Flying Eagles and Log Flume by The Beast (I can't believe those two have been removed)

I am going back to KI for the first time at the end of July. Even though I am now 30+, and taking kids from my church youth group, I am still very excited to return. Hopefully I am not disappointed

• 2 weeks later...
I miss:

Enchanted Voyage (the original from 70's/early 80's)

Flying Eagles

Getting rid of the Eagles was one of the worst decisions the park ever made, and to this day makes no sense to me whatsoever... They did not need that land at all. They got rid of a flat ride just for the heck of it or to save Carowinds some money. I take yearly treks to Carowinds so I can still ride this amazing flat ride... Part of the soul of Kings Island was removed along with the Eagles. :(

"i do remember the enchanted voyage, i rode it forthe first time when i was 10 years old ( 1980)

i also miss the smurf's enchanted voyage" my mom wrote this earlier with my screen name.

Son of Beast, Drop Zone, King Cobra

Well SOB and Drop Zone will be re-opening this year so you don't really have to worry about that. But I do agree with King Cobra (I'm pretty sure I've already said that several times in this thread).

I miss:

Flying Eagles

Getting rid of the Eagles was one of the worst decisions the park ever made, and to this day makes no sense to me whatsoever... They did not need that land at all. They got rid of a flat ride just for the heck of it or to save Carowinds some money. I take yearly treks to Carowinds so I can still ride this amazing flat ride... Part of the soul of Kings Island was removed along with the Eagles. :(

I thought the Eagles was a pretty good ride but I can't understand why you would travel more than eight hours for a ride that you could ride at a park like Stricker's Grove in Ross, OH.

Son of Beast, Drop Zone, King Cobra

Son of Beast and Drop Zone are still there so I don't think they count.

Unfortunately for me, most of that stuff was gone long before I ever went to the park the first time and I never rode most of what was there so I can't really say I miss anything on the list, except the cars I guess.

I thought the Eagles was a pretty good ride but I can't understand why you would travel more than eight hours for a ride that you could ride at a park like Stricker's Grove in Ross, OH.

Saying you could ride the Flying Eagles at Strickers is not unlike saying you could ride Rebel Yell or Thunder Road at Kings Island. There are differences, and the Flying Eagles were the best of their kind, in my opinion. They don't even run as well at Carowinds as they did at Kings Island.

You do realize there are people who see all roller coasters as being the same, too; don't you? Why on earth would a person go to Astroland at Coney Island in NYC when they could ride the Pepsi Python at Coney Island in Ohio? :)

--Terpy, who started going to Carowinds much more when the Eagles moved...

Saying you could ride the Flying Eagles at Strickers is not unlike saying you could ride Rebel Yell or Thunder Road at Kings Island. There are differences, and the Flying Eagles were the best of their kind, in my opinion. They don't even run as well at Carowinds as they did at Kings Island.

You do realize there are people who see all roller coasters as being the same, too; don't you? Why on earth would a person go to Astroland at Coney Island in NYC when they could ride the Pepsi Python at Coney Island in Ohio? :)

--Terpy, who started going to Carowinds much more when the Eagles moved...

I think that much of the industry is responsible for that point of view.

When so many are so concerned on "new, big, yada yada yada" folk actually the miss the subtleties and nuance's of rides.

Guest kwindshawne
I think I mentioned this before but i miss the bobsled type ride that just went around a circle in an incline, I think it was called alpine, swiss or something bobsled.

It also went to wonderland...not sure what happened to it.

I think I mentioned this before but i miss the bobsled type ride that just went around a circle in an incline, I think it was called alpine, swiss or something bobsled.

It also went to wonderland...not sure what happened to it.

Nope, Bayern Curve left long before Wonderland (either Canada or Australia) opened.

I miss King Cobra terribly!

I also have fond memories of the Smurf's Enchanted Voyage, but I'd take good old Phantom Theatre in a heartbeat, as well!

Oh, and Winnie the Witch's Spinning Cauldrons!

... and the giant slide, whatever it was called, because I am lame.

i really miss the old log ride, that they transformed to the retarded nickelodeon wild thornberrys ride. and the antique cars... if i were older, id say The Bat, because the more i read about it, lok at the photos of it, and watch the onride video of it, the mroe i want to ride it.

I miss King Cobra terribly!

I also have fond memories of the Smurf's Enchanted Voyage, but I'd take good old Phantom Theatre in a heartbeat, as well!

Oh, and Winnie the Witch's Spinning Cauldrons!

... and the giant slide, whatever it was called, because I am lame.

The Giant Slide had a few names while it was at the park. Magic Carpet, and then Scrappy's Slide. However when it was Scrappy's Slide the slide was cut in half. It wasn't as tall as before.