Something's Happening at Fort Cooper!

Dane

Yes a flying/lay down coaster could be coming to PKI! I have never rode one before and i was really looking forward to at SFGA but we didnt go so now i might have a chance to finally ride one. Even though nobody has said anything yet i think that we are going to be getting something big whether it is X-Flight or other.

Yes a flying/lay down coaster could be coming to PKI! I have never rode one before and i was really looking forward to at SFGA but we didnt go so now i might have a chance to finally ride one. Even though nobody has said anything yet i think that we are going to be getting something big whether it is X-Flight or other.

right it will be somthing big, once it was said it coud be just another warehouse but look at the size of those warehouses and the space of cleared land. Psycho path theoritically should still happen because it is on the other side of the maitnance road, but you never know with Cedar Fair

While I don't know if PKI is getting X-Flight yet, the evidence seams to be mounting:

-A truck from a Cincy area engineering firm was sighted at GL.

-Maureen from PKI I believe signed off an email saying something like, flying into 2007.

-A flat, large piece of land has been cleared (about the size of the X-Flight foot print).

What does the rumor for MIA getting X-Flight have going for it:

-Someone said they saw some construction equipment at the park.

I don't know what will happen, but the cards definitely seemed stacked in PKIs favor at the moment.

Big flat section of land cleared next to the Extraterestrial Hanger at Fort Cooper and the confirmation from Cedar Fair the X-Flight will be realocated to another Cedar Fair park. Just seems that everything adds up.

Maybe this is just another fakeout and Kings Island is getting a different attraction, however unlikely.

I don't have to long, they are after me.

Fort Cooper is a Government restricted site. I was making my regular flight when a strange noise came over the radio. The noise got louder and more strange as I came closer to... Kings Island. I only had a while to realize what was really going on. Then again I am unsure what I saw. What I saw up there... I can never explane. It was... Something else.

...I have to now end this post, the government may trace this IP address so I must find another Computer.

Good Luck my friends.

Okay, I got away safely but they are still after me. All that you need to know is this is just some publicity stunt created by a local amusment park to promote there latest attraction! Don't listen to the SOB reports... they are trying to make a distraction from the REAL TRUTH! My gosh, this world is becomeing just like 1984, they are controlling you! Oh no, I have been located, I must go! Do not forget... something is happening at Fort Cooper!

-Captain Nemo

• Like 3

So when will Kings Island say that a big ride is coming in the area of Fort Cooper? If I found out soon it just might make me renew my pass to Kings Island for next year. You think the marketing team would say come ride the new SOB with a big ride to be named later.

Right now at Kroger they are selling single day passes already with Sponge Bob on them.

Well, I doubt we will hear anything before the holidays, just because everything is so hectic. The marketing department at KI knows what they are doing. There are still some long winter months ahead without all the cheer and business of the holiday season. That would be a better time to announce a ride, to drum up season pass sales in a period when few people are thinking about the park.

Yeah, I trust the marketing dept. has a good grip on what they are doing. They know their stuff.

Just remember, the suspense helps their cause. Getting people talking about the park is their job. Nothing beats hearing people go, "Hey, did you hear that there's a big clearing by Flight of Fear? I wonder what's going on!"

• Like 1

Plus, at this time, there is no guarantee that a name change is even in the works for this coming season. Think about it: they own the rights, so why race into something needlessly? If they want a name change, the smart thing to do would be to work on it throughout 2007, for it to be ready by 2008. There is no need to (at this time) wipe the Paramount name off of everything, since the public doesn't have a negative impression of Paramount.

I see what your saying but if you think about it from a corporate aspect why wouldn't you try and uniform any new properties as soon as you could so they fit in with your current properties?

And your right most people don't have a negative image of Paramount but most people have a very positive image of Cedar Fair and their parks. Plus Cedar Fair is pretty much paying CBS and Viacom to advertise their products, so what is Cedar Fair's incintive to keep the Paramount name?

Actually, it cant' be said that most people do have a positive image of Cedar Fair. Most don't even know what it is, and Cedar Fair likes it that way. They may well know Cedar Point, but the average visitor to Dorney or Knott's or Michigan's Adventure has NO idea what Cedar Fair even is.

And an accident at one of those parks does not reflect in any way on Cedar Fair as a whole as far as the general public is concerned. Investors, avid park fans and roller coaster enthusiasts have a different world view than most people.

This is, by the way, one of the strong arguments for not keeping the Paramount's name...why should Carowinds be tied to Great America in California, for instance?

Actually, it cant' be said that most people do have a positive image of Cedar Fair. Most don't even know what it is, and Cedar Fair likes it that way. They may well know Cedar Point, but the average visitor to Dorney or Knott's or Michigan's Adventure has NO idea what Cedar Fair even is.

And an accident at one of those parks does not reflect in any way on Cedar Fair as a whole as far as the general public is concerned. Investors, avid park fans and roller coaster enthusiasts have a different world view than most people.

I couldn't agree more with this. I would assume that there are a few SF parks that are a little more than decent to be in (SFNE?), but the Six Flags tag many times reads, 'Open your wallet up wide, and prepare to be disappointed.'

Big flat section of land cleared next to the Extraterestrial Hanger at Fort Cooper and the confirmation from Cedar Fair the X-Flight will be realocated to another Cedar Fair park. Just seems that everything adds up.

Maybe this is just another fakeout and Kings Island is getting a different attraction, however unlikely.

Heh I would laugh so hard if we did get a different attraction :P it would knock everybody off their boat =O