Something's Happening at Fort Cooper!

Dane

Something’s Happening at 1060 North Aurora Road

PKICentral has been in a bustle of activity every since the rumor of X-Flight being dismantled hit the news. First came the question of what Cedar Fair was doing the park, then it became a question of where X-Flight was planning to go. The two contenders Coaster geeks felt were most plausible was Michigan’s Adventure or Kings Island. Up until December we were torn by who would get this great coaster. The questions were building until the first sight of something happening at Fort Cooper came. The images showed nothing than a cleared couple acres of land. This was more than enough to convince that something was indeed going there. Now that we know something is happening our eyes turn to the parking lot, looking for a sign of something new laying there. As much as PKIC has been busy, our eyes are now on what's happening at Geauga Lake.

• Like 1

Why dont you smash this rumor??? Or any other, Im waiting? ;)

Seriously though from what I have seen with the quick deconstruction of X-Flight at GL I would say that it could be on a truck and headed down 71 by the end of January.

Smash? whats there to be smash :P Everyone knows we are geting X-flight. Its no secret anymore....

this is off topic but i did see it posted somewhere within. I don't personally feel that CF would blink twice about removing the Paramount name from the parks in signage- it wouldn't matter if they owned the rights. Same factors occured when they rescued Gauega Lake from Six Flags a few years ago. They could have kept the "Worlds of Adventure" name- which wasn't too shabby on the marketing front- instead they went with the old name.

The funny part is that KI staff and a precious few that have been in the park already know the answer to these questions.... and probably get a kick out of all of the debate in here.... and I am willing to bet that there are about 4-5 on this site that know. It all bounces back to something to the effect of "those who are in the know, don't talk."

• Like 2

When a Tree falls in the woods and nobody is around does it make a sound?

Which came first the Chicken or the Egg?

Why do they have the same Avatar?

These are questions that the worlds greatest philosophers have tried to answer, but have been unable.

If a tree falls in the woods, it creates compressed and decompressed air that a pickup device such as an ear will interpret that as a sound or noise. Key word being interpret, we interpret our senses to what we are taught they are. Hot is hot because mom said it is hot, red is red for the same reason. I myself want to do an experiment and find out how many generations it will take to change the color pallet. Red will become blue and green will become black and so on. As for the chicken or the egg, I like them both. I prefer chicken breast and my eggs over easy. The last part is easy, they have the same Avatar because no one has complained to the other to change.

One other thing I would like to point out is: Ever since the park closed, the forums have been just one step above watching lifetime! I hope it doesn't dip below after they make an announcement.

• Like 1

Well, I rode Drop Zone once back around 2000. When we got back into the load unload area, they wouldn`t release our bars, because a skunk had entered the loading area from over by Skyflyer.

Coney also has had a problem with skunks. One time a skunk was in the trench for the drive shaft of the Scrambler when the operator started his test run for the morning. Needless to say, the Scrambler gave some pretty stinky rides for a couple weeks after that. Also, they once had a skunk get into the women`s resrtoom by the picnic grove.

It appears that they are doing quite a lot of contouring of the land back at Fort Copper. They are not exactly leveling the ground out flat. I thought X-Flight was on a very flat piece of land? Maybe they will just change the height of the footings?

X-Flight was on a very flat piece of land. I am pretty sure back when the park was owned by Six Flags it was a parking lot coaster. Its hard to see from the photos just how flat the ground is now but it looks more even now then the last set of photos.

Actually, I believe that they are not "contouring out" the land behind FoF. But rather, they are likely using the popular mode of cut and fill to create a flatter site. They are likely cutting dirt away from the high side of the site, by FoF. They then in turn use this fill dirt to fill in some of the lower areas on the site to create a flatter site, more suitable for a ride.

This one time, at Kings Island, A lady got spraid by a skunk in line for the scooby doo. It was so cool, she just stood there and screemed!!!!!

How is that cool?

It's all a matter of opinion. That is what the forums are for are they not? If you have noticed, I only reply to statements that have nothing to do with the topic of the thred, or something that I think is totaly out of hand like a reply to 10 quotes. The point is............well there is no point, just the oppertunity to get people all upset about nothing.

• Like 1

Now Monroe...since you aren't talking about the subject of the thread: Something's happening at Fort Cooper...then perhaps you KNOW what is happening!

And we all know that those who do know don't tell....and by your own admission you aren't talkin! :)

Monroe knows!

Finaly someone who gets me................. I think.. Then again Interpretations are just Interpretations, and believing is seeing. You'll shoot your eye out kid, and finally the holy grail of movie quotes: Luke I am your father!!!!!!!!!