Son Of Beast: Out of the Loop!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coastercrazy, I hope that was sarcasm.

Not entirely. I never really enjoyed Beast or Son of Beast, so I assumed I was more of a steel coaster kind of guy. After having ridden Raven, Legend, and Voyage at Holiday World, though, I now know that a painful experience is not inherent in wooden roller coaster design. These three coasters were amazingly comfortable and very exciting. In my opinion, neither can be said for the members of The Beast namesake.

As has been discussed on other sights, Beast too suffers from exceptionally heavy trains, hence the re-profiling and trimming. I'm willing to give Son of Beast one more go (despite the removal of the loop) if new trains are delivered. The same can be said for Beast.

All i can say is wow i am really shocked about hearing this. i would really like to see the track branch off where the loop is and go off into another helix or something. but that would probably cost a lot. i wonder if they will remove the brake run right before where the loop is or use to be.

And imagine - the scoop was actually on www.pkicentral.com about two weeks before the word came from the park.

I'm guessing the next big announcement will be that X Flight is coming to the park (something which has been bantered around here for weeks) and thanks to our eye in the syk (Nemo) kinda confirmed the other day.

Son ofa Bit*h

Well Im still upset and in disbelief, because I absolutely loved the loop on SoB, mainly because for those few seconds your internal organs werent being liquified, but now KI will have a massively rought Hyper Woodie. Interesting its Mean Streak on Steriods.

I hope that the changes being made will greatly improve the ride quality and smoothness of the ride, especially through the first rose bowl. Cant wait to expeirence the new version of SoB next year and see if its better with or without the loop.