Son Of Beast: Out of the Loop!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Zoso for posting the link to the actuall report by the Department of Agriculture. The most interesting section discusses the Global Considerations and the fact that the modifications made to SoB structure since it opened were not made with input from the original designer. Also the report discusses the issues that Kings Island experienced with RCCA during the SoB design and construction process. Very interesting report and the details are great. After reading the report it makes more sense as to why the loop would be removed along with other changes being made to the track and structure, because there are quite a few things that need to be fixed before the state will clear the ride for opperation.

Also another interesting note is that Monty Jasper from Cedar Fair has been involved in this process along with his counterpart at Kings Island. Im just glad to see that Cedar Fair is taking an interest in fixing this problem day one and are not going to let the sucess or failure of the ride fall strictly on Kings Island.

^

RailRider learning to cope with the removal of the Loop.

Monty Jasper is working on this? Awesome! He has done many projects at CP including Dragster, Millennium Force, and Wicked Twister.

Teenageninja, of course they are going to put something there, otherwise, it won't make a complete circuit. ;) In all seriousness, I'd like to see an airtime hill, but, I wouldn't be surprised to see just a pretty straight section that lines up with the next helix. If that's the case, I hope they make a tunnel in that spot.

I think its a very good thing he is involved because it shows concern on Cedar Fairs part. I just wonder if under Paramount Parks anyone outside of the park would have been involved in a major project like this? Monty is very hands on for what he does and its great to have someone like him now involved with Kings Island. I would imagine you will see him at somepoint this year strolling through the park.

I think the biggest thing SOB needs is a different queue and/or a touch of theming.

Going back to The Beast is part of the experience. Sonny just has such plain jain queue. Too bad the two queues couldn't be combined somehow where you pick which one you want to ride, or at least have to go through some trees or something.

http://www.extremepki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=948

GJ extremepki for predicting the loop removal, I was shocked when i seen this.

Please....they didnt predict anything. All they were doing was making an April Fools Joke.....they didn't "claim" any prediction back then, nor lately.

Now....if you had said Good Job, or Thank You to the PKICentral poster who was first on site with the proof pictures of the missing loop.......tehehee

I will miss the loop, but applaud KI for removing it for the benefit of riders with lighter trains and a much smoother ride! Put SOB on the same level as the RCCA woodie Rattler which also needed extensive modifications.

I certainly hope that Son of Beast does NOT end up on the same level as Rattler. I have ridden Rattler. More than once (though why I am not quite sure).

That is about the singular most boring roller coaster I have ever ridden.

And that's saying something.

(And yes, Shaggy said the same thing. He's right.)

I don't know for sure who started all the chatter but many members offered up thier own tid bits of information that really keep the story going. That is whats so great about the popularity of PKIcentral.

And that is why PKIcentral will take us far into the future. PKIcentral will make your dreams come true. And im not talking about winning the lottery. I could use that right now. LOL

How about the Worlds Tallest Wooden Roller Coaster??

Son of Beast THE WORLDS TALLEST FASTEST NON LOOPING WODDEN ROLLER COOASTER IN THE WORLD

LOL but I like The Worlds Tallest and Fastest wooden coaster, but would prefer also the Only Looping Wooden coaster.

RIP Son of Beast loop (2000 - 2006) you will be missed.

I don't know for sure who started all the chatter but many members offered up thier own tid bits of information that really keep the story going. That is whats so great about the popularity of PKIcentral.

And that is why PKIcentral will take us far into the future. PKIcentral will make your dreams come true. And im not talking about winning the lottery. I could use that right now. LOL

When they revamp as KICentral, they should have a lottery - one lucky user will get ONE MILLION DOLLARS!*

*Or some stupid old Paramount sign, who knows...