Son Of Beast: Out of the Loop!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think SOB is getting new trains. If you read what has been written from the park they are just going to make the trains lighter.

you my friend are on the right track :)

But, what if the track he was on, just got removed from SoB?

what do you mean by that^ O do you mean that the trains are in the shop geting re-modify? so they can be lighter..

I don't think SOB is getting new trains. If you read what has been written from the park they are just going to make the trains lighter.

you my friend are on the right track :)

Maybe, maybe not. We know for a fact that they're looking at either modifying the current trains or getting new ones (hey Ed Danger, I want Millenium Flyers!) but anyway, the current rumor flying around is that the 3 benches will become 2 bench trains.

I cannot see the park keeping those trains. I have no doubt they are some of the most expensive rolling stock that one could purchase for a wooden coaster (since they are completely and totally custom) but to modify them would not go far enough in my opinion. I'm 6'2" and I know that there are a few taller people on these boards, but even SOB's trains are painful enough for me to not only get into, but sit in for the minutes while I get the **** beat out of me. I've heard the Millennium Flyer rumor as well as (oddly enough) Intamin trains. The stock on Intamin pre-fabs looks pretty nice and enjoyable. Only time will tell.

If those darn Premier trains are only modified, I'm going to be nothing short of slightly disappointed. Remove the loop and don't half-ass the job. Get better trains.

Although I will give credit to the ones that Premier built-those things have taken a HELL of a beating over the past six years. Premier is a grade-A company in my book...

you really wanna know something? See when someone says something, No one believe he or she becuase they dont want to believe it. They look at THEIR facts.. On ther other hand ,the he or she are tryin to say they know something are looking at THEIR facts aswell. Im just pushing this thread along, nothing more...I really didnt point out anything, I never said yes and i never said no. I really just believe the current trains are going to be modified, and this loop removel thing has been in thoughts ,since last year. rember the back car they took out. They thought it would create less "jack hammering" effect cuz the train weighed less. Plus They also wasnt sure that it wouldnt make it threw the loop...so they were edgey on this...Then in july that accident happen. They knew they had to make the decision.. Remove the loop, re-modified the trains, and do a complete re do at the loop location.

Now Reclaimer you look at your facts and I will look at mine. Have a good night.

One obvious way would be to change the restraint system....which needs to be done for other reasons anyway. . .

IF they are keeping those trains, I hope they add more cushioning. Those are among the most uncomfortable trains out there.

I looked over the posts and i didnt see this but I hope it isnt a double post. This is the Ohio Dept of Ag's Final Report.

http://www.ohioagriculture.gov/news/news/2...kingsisland.pdf

That's NOT a report. That's a press release, meant for public consumption. One key in noting that is that it ends like 90 percent of press releases do:

-30-

(followed in most cases, like this one, with the media contact peoples' information)

This is of course all under the assumption that the park is able to complete all the recommendations (something that is a kin to a ride rebuild - as has been pointed out by someone on this board) and having the ride certified. There really is nothing other than a Press Release from the park saying the ride will open again.

=D o goody more people want to know! I'm goin to make a riddle!

The darkness of this beast has just been inforce, O why has this 90 degree weather turned into frost, What happend underground will stay underground but yet again pop to the light of those in fear. I must say this has to be the longest time i sat in dark, What shall i call for? My life for this beast is being circle, what shall the input of this be? can we say i fall from what seem like forever, to see the tipy top trees, i think not. Those shall pass are those who shall risk it big, a risk of bigger than just a risk, this risk will test your skills. O what tho shall be, The Beast is awaken! Those who go pass the hills of hillys shall dance the crazy lights, around and around and around, this is to much, when i open my eyes, all i see is darkness, then a stop of life. we stopped. my risk is ended.....

have fun figureing it out. lol more like a poem but still :P

I figured that one out.... Interesting. Also That would make a very nice poem.

Then in july that accident happen. They knew they had to make the decision.. Remove the loop, re-modified the trains, and do a complete re do at the loop location.

Thats the stupidest thing I've seen you post yet. When the accident happened, the first thing in their minds wasn't "gee lets take the loop out." It has taken months to come to the decision they have made. Not days.

Then in july that accident happen. They knew they had to make the decision.. Remove the loop, re-modified the trains, and do a complete re do at the loop location.

Thats the stupidest thing I've seen you post yet. When the accident happened, the first thing in their minds wasn't "gee lets take the loop out." It has taken months to come to the decision they have made. Not days.

I think thats my bad, what I ment to say is that, really one thing led to another and This was just one of problems... I should of said that the idea of fixing the ride would be to do a complete makeover at the problem source. Well I never said it was the first things in their minds. Like I said in past post the loop removal has been on minds since last winter rehab. You are right about the final decision being made, it took months of tryin to come up with new ways other than this way. I give you your cool points for pointing me to my wrong less detail post.

Guest kwindshawne

I bet all the investigations and retrofitting have far exceeded what it would have cost to tear the darn thing down and start over. Now, I would like to stay positive on all this, but I really don't think Son is fixable to be as good as Beast. Kudos to KI for trying, but I really don't think it will ever be good. I am ready for the fallout I will get on this board for my opinion......

I bet all the investigations and retrofitting have far exceeded what it would have cost to tear the darn thing down and start over. Now, I would like to stay positive on all this, but I really don't think Son is fixable to be as good as Beast. Kudos to KI for trying, but I really don't think it will ever be good. I am ready for the fallout I will get on this board for my opinion......

And if the ride never re-opens, the park will be able to save face and at least say that they tried to make it right. But at what cost?

Geez give the guy a break. What he's saying may not be true, but it makes sense. He just giving his 2 cents.

He may be giving his two cents, but he's acting like he's in the know, which, to put it lightly, is annoying as f**k

Like i said in my past post, i look at my facts and you look at yours....Tell me hows its annoying? its annoying cause im tryin to share my info? is it annoying that im voiceing my opinion? is it annoying that my opinions are more in facts? You my friend are just lookin for a fight.....

Guest kwindshawne

And if the ride never re-opens, the park will be able to save face and at least say that they tried to make it right. But at what cost?

Kinda how I see it. And it really is a shame-I had hoped for the best. Economically, I don't see any way out-all the band aids in the world won't make something right.