Son Of Beast: Out of the Loop!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the headline from the Dayton Daily News. Investigators: 'Beast' accident due to inadequate support beams

Now to me and you this is nothing. But to the random reader, who hasn't heard anything about the Son of Beast, by just reading the headline will come to the conclusion that something happened to The Beast, not Son of Beast.

This is one of many reasons why I hate the Dayton Daily News!

WHAT!?!?!?!? Why would they do that the ride is good but cant they just design a lighter train and that worked with the track? i wonder what it will be like with out it. and what about the logo? the SOB logo has a loop showing. i wonder if this was KI idea or CF's idea.

The idea behind removing the loop is for lighter trains. The lighter trains would not have enough momentum to make it through the loop, therefore, the loop goes. The lighter trains will in turn cause less wear and tear on the track.

I don't like the idea of another helix either. Two is enough. I'd rather see a tunnel, airtime hill, or a double down.

The loop died =( and i can't believe this, This makes no sense? none at all, this is very differnt from what i was told. This cant be happening? how? why? This just doesnt fit. Something is wrong.....im goin to find out to.

WOW....3 days after the announcement from Maureen and photos of the removal of the loop have appeared,

IPB Image

'Rumor Smasher' has finally made an assessment to a rumor. Man we are so fortunate to have such experts here on pkicentral to keep us up to date on the latest happings around Kings Island.

Thanks 'Rumor Smasher' I don't know what we would have done with out you!!!

This post was and is intended for an attempt of good natured humor .

^

^

Avatar tounge firmly planted in cheek...

Seriously though I am hoping for a nice tunnel section, because that would help improve the excitement factor on SoB without the loop. Also I wonder what kind of air time the ride might produce with the lighter trains and the lack of being stappled in your seat. SoB has always produced good latteral and positive G's, but never much in airtime. I truly believe that these changes to the ride will make for a completely different ride experience next year. Who knows it could be a rebirth for Sonny.

I totally agree I hope for something new and exciting to replace the loop. I would love to see some great theming on and around the SOB. Now have said that I don’t think we will see much of anything that cost money until they see if the new attempts to fix the existing rough ride problems are indeed corrected. From a business standpoint it would not be too wise to throw good money at extra options with only a hope and a wish that they have fixed the other problems first.

Must say, Now that the loop is gone and the new plans are in for whats replaceing it...You all will be very happy. Im sure everyone wants to ride it in 07 with the new plans. Looks like sonny is number 1 in all woodies world records(there was a hint for u if u didnt catch it...) also may i add, that you all are thinking about put another helix etc etc...question is, do they put another lift hill :) just like The Beast.

Must say, Now that the loop is gone and the new plans are in for whats replaceing it...You all will be very happy. Im sure everyone wants to ride it in 07 with the new plans. Looks like sonny is number 1 in all woodies world records(there was a hint for u if u didnt catch it...) also may i add, that you all are thinking about put another helix etc etc...question is, do they put another lift hill just like The Beast.

Yeah I doubt that.

Dude the loop is already gone and your Avatar shows that. In two weeks the only probably interesting thing over there will be Snow. If you are suggesting something else then why not go out on a limb and tell us!!!

Unless your probably just guessing.

Guest kwindshawne

They did not even mention the fact that they were taking the loop out in the Dayton Daily News. My 6 year old can write a better newspaper!

AMEN!!

I hate helixes except the one of The Best I mean Beast. SOB does not need another helix. I hate that rose bowl!

Me too. Needs another hill IMO

Taking out the loop sux but if it has to be then it has to be but nothing makes the SOB unique anymore so it's just going to go down hill from here trust me all rides do after having a drastic change like this one. I guess only time will tell on the subject.

Cough...Phantom's Revenge...Cough!

Besides, ALL coasters go downhill! It's the nature of The Beast.

Taking out the loop sux but if it has to be then it has to be but nothing makes the SOB unique anymore so it's just going to go down hill from here trust me all rides do after having a drastic change like this one. I guess only time will tell on the subject.

Nothing to make it unique? It's still the tallest and fastest wooden rolleroaster. Also the second longest wooden coaster after The Beast.

Well unless the trim the heck out of it. Let's hope they don't add a trim to the first drop like Mean Streak. But I think the new trains will help out alot. I'm sure the thing will go thru lots of testing with the new trains, before anyone is premitted to get on board. But I can't wait to ride the new and improved Son of Beast. I just hope they get it right this time.

=D o goody more people want to know! I'm goin to make a riddle!

The darkness of this beast has just been inforce, O why has this 90 degree weather turned into frost, What happend underground will stay underground but yet again pop to the light of those in fear. I must say this has to be the longest time i sat in dark, What shall i call for? My life for this beast is being circle, what shall the input of this be? can we say i fall from what seem like forever, to see the tipy top trees, i think not. Those shall pass are those who shall risk it big, a risk of bigger than just a risk, this risk will test your skills. O what tho shall be, The Beast is awaken! Those who go pass the hills of hillys shall dance the crazy lights, around and around and around, this is to much, when i open my eyes, all i see is darkness, then a stop of life. we stopped. my risk is ended.....

have fun figureing it out. lol more like a poem but still :P

From the day SOB was built, I always hoped for a true ending to the ride. Dreams of sugar plums dancing in my head are not what I want for Christmas. I am dreaming of Sonny's final hill and spiral up into the brakes being totally enclosed, giving an ending not unlike that of the old Shooting Star.

As for SOB ending up like Rattler, with much hope KI will not find a need to shorten any of the drops and let Sonny maintain a couple of records. As for new stock, Flyers would be nice, and two seater PTC trains would not benefit as much as three seater PTC with a longer wheel base. Two seaters do nothing to make Mean Streak any less mean.