Great Wolf Lodge Now Open!

It was announced two years ago that the Kings Island Campground would be closing for business before the beginning of the next season and that a new resort would be taking its place. A year and a half and $100 million later the Great Wolf Lodge is finally set to open its doors to the public!

The Great Wolf Lodge had its grand opening ceremony today and allowed us to take photos of their wonderful new facilities. A special thank you goes out to the staff of the Great Wolf Lodge for their great hospitality.

Just incase you haven't been paying attention this past year, the Great Wolf Lodge features 401 all-suite guest rooms featuring 11 different possible themes, a 93,000sq ft indoor waterpark, ammenities such as Elements Spa for the "big kids", Northern Star Arcade, Cub Club with arts and crafts for the kids, the Great Clock Tower with an 8 minute animated show, plus state-of-the-art meeting rooms and conference centers opening soon. The Lodge uses its integrated themeing to give your family the sensation that you are living in an adventure in the northwoods.

Click here to see the latest photo gallery update to PKICentral featuring the grand opening of the Great Wolf Lodge!

Regards,

Ryan

PKICentral.com - My fellow Americans, I see another terrorist here: Wal-Mart.

New GWL video Click on the left to see a pretty cool video........can't wait to go.....Lodge looks great.... nice pics.......we'll be there Sat. to take a look around before our stay next Friday........still wonder about that $149 a night in the DDN article......musta been a mistake ?!?!

Well I have been paying attention this year and I’m very glad to see the Great Wolf Lodge open for business. I am anxious to see first hand reports coming from guest staying at the lodge, I think this is a nice addition to the Kings Island area and I believe helps the guest to have a more enjoyable experience when visiting the area.

I heard a rumored report somewhere about an unofficial water slide race! I would like to see those photos and also get the official unofficial results from that race now that would be something enquiring minds would like to know.

I have two questions that maybe some members may know as they have taken employment with the lodge.

1. Does the Lodge allow water camera’s in the Water Park area?

2. Will the Great Wolf Lodge be running normal hours during the Holidays?

In specific Christmas Eve and Day? Restaurants, Water park, Animation shows and Gift shops .

Thanks in advance for your response.

I have seen people in the pool with water cameras and they sell them in the gift shop as well so I would say yes to that question.

As for the races:

Team Dane/Bill VS Team Ryan/Ronnie

Race 1: DEAD TIE!

Race 2: Dane/Bill

Race 3: Ryan/Ronnie

The water coaster is the best water slide I have EVER been on...EVER! But be warned if you sit in the front seat! (evil laugh here)

I walked steps so much yesterday that my ankle feels like it can give out any moment now.

Dane has a bunch more pictures to post as well as a video maybe.

Ronnie, very nice job on the "toast" photo! Darn near perfect!

Back to work....

Bill

I went yesterday to the Great Wolf Loge to apply for a job. After that I walked around for a wile to see what it looks like I must say the loge looks Great. By the way did I tell you guys Im studing Hotel Operations At Great Oaks. The school I go to is Scarlet Oaks and we just opened up a brand new facilitiey. Hospitality/culinary arts program. So I may have a good chance working there. B)

Check out the lodge Sat.,......took lots of pics.........place looks great........we can't wait till our stay this Friday........my only concern was I did not see the water coaster run once.........we ate there and musta spent a few hrs. looking around........for a Sat.,......it was not crowed at all......but people were arriving as we left around 3.........water park was empty.......may be the reason why the W.C. was not running........wave pool looked great......nice size waves.........anybody wants to see more pics.........just PM me........got some nice ones......but nothing you have not seen for the most part.

The water coaster was down for the most of the day this past Thursday. It was opened for a few hours in the morning and then it would stop catching rafts and people would be stuck at the bottom of a hill. I seen a proslides guy working on it like mad and would send test riders down and they would get stuck again. After awhile they just turned the water off on it and it was left alone for awile. After dinner when we went swimming again, it was fixed and rocking! But they kept warning us everytime we went on it "If you get stuck, just hold on tight and we will be over to let you out" so it is to be expected I guess.