Kings Island losing Paramount?

PKIVortex

Okay guys, if you call Kings Island (1-800-288-0808), they are only refering to the park as Kings Island. No mention of the P word. There is not even a mention of it on any of the park information, season pass information or ticket prices or hours of operation, on the information line.

It will be interesting to see if they revamp the Paramount Parks websites sometime this offseason. Currently, if you visit Cedarfair.com, they are listed on the map. However, if you click on 'Cedar Fair Properties' the Paramount Parks are not called out, with the exception of in the first paragraph, when they mention how many parks they own and in what states.

Yes, they are removing the name Paramount from Kings Island. It amazes me how all you are suprised about this. What purpose would it serve to keep it other than to give FREE advertising to Paramount. There are people at the park who are removing ALL occurances of the word during the off season.

It's the whole premise that I gave last July.

Why would McDonald's Buy Wendy's and keep the Wendy's name.

It would make no common sense.

I don't have a problem (or a doubt even) about the whole Paramount/No-Paramount thing. Actually, my guess is that if CBS would have stayed in the park business they would have eventually gotten rid of the Paramount too. (If for no other reason than Les Mooves wouldn't have to pay Viacom--and his rival Tom Freston--for rights to the Paramount name/franchises...) Remember that naming survey after it was announced that the CBS side was getting the parks?

However, I do question your supporting argument...

If McDonald's bought Wendy's I have absolutely no doubt that they'd keep the Wendy's name...they're different brands that appeal to different people, and attract varying demographics. (Not to mention that there are hundreds of McDonalds sitting next to hundres of Wendys...) Just like McDonalds bought Chipotle, Boston Market, and Donatos and they maintained their original brands. Or, Wendy's bought Baja Fresh and Tim Horton's and kept those names. Or, Motel 6 bought Red Roof Inns, yet there are still Red Roof's sitting right beside M6's (sharing bill boards even). Or, Starbucks bought Seattle's Best and kept that brand name...etc., etc.

Just because two companies are competitors doesn't mean that one will automatically erase the brand name of another when they acquire it. There's a business decision that must be made about the value of the brand, and the potential harm in getting rid of it.

Agreed. Perhaps the best example of two companies owned by the same people, where they don't want it known to the public is Logan's Roadhouse. Owned by....Cracker Barrell Old Country Stores! The former serves alcohol and a decidedly upscale clientele, the latter is seen as more family oriented, down home and certainly NOT pro-alcohol.

By the way, Motel Six didn't buy Red Roof. Rather, both were acquired by Accor lodging company, of France! :)

And Wendy's has spun off both Tim Horton's and Baja Fresh (losing a fortune on the latter...)

Pepsico Purchased the food division of Huebline in the 1980's. Pepsico had Taco Bell and Huebline had Zantigo. Zantigo had the superior menue and pricing plan. They did not keep both companies though both co-existed in many markets. All Zantigo restaurants either closed or were converted to Taco Bell. Taco Bell adopted Zantigo's pricing plan and adopted much of it's menu.

Too bad they didn't keep Zantigo's food. Zantigo, a sister of KFC, had far superior food to Taco Bell...Then again, Taco Bell back then had far superior food to Taco Bell today. Not unlike how in many, many ways Kings Island back then was far superior to Kings Island today.

Perhaps Cedar Fair will bring back many of the things that made Kings Island the superior play experience it was: great landscaping, incredible shows, a festival atmosphere, happy employees and an all round superior experience to going almost anywhere else! Yep, the rides today are far better, but that's about all that is.

Cedar Fair has a lot of opportunity available to it. I see no way that having the Paramount named attached to it helps to emphasize the new Kings Island.

At Geauga Lake, Cedar Fair advertised "The Fun is Back."

Stay tuned!

At the time of the purchase (believe it or not) Taco Bell was a floundering company. The menu items were all over priced you even had to order cheese to go on the tacos.

Everything at Zantigo was made fresh every day. Beans made from pinto's every morning and the meats all cooked up at the restaurants. Even the taco shells and chips were fried in the restaurants.

For some reason, although I can say I really haven't had the "old" Taco Bell, I like what they serve now. Maybe I just prefer lower quality foods. I can't stand to eat fat from a steak, but hamburger is pretty much my favorite meat.

With CF buying Paramount, I hope to see many changes to the website. I always found it annoying that such great coasters like The Beast, fall second to IJ:ST in the amount of promotion it gets. At least CP's website has more than one photo of most of the coasters. I also like all the extras that CP's website has on it, like webcams and what-not.

Well, to start with, grass sure would be a lot prettier than all that gravel...

I'm sorry but I can't even believe that something like that is in a World Class park! I would not expect to see that type of thing at the Ohio State Fair let alone a theme park!

Gravel and Concrete!

I really hope that they didn't pay for that concept.