Kings Island to Get $10 Million Capital Addition, Major Thrill Ride

The Interpreter

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I am not holding CF responsible for the SoB accident. Nor am I holding Paramount responsible. If either company knew about what could happen, I am confident that they would have shut the ride down.

Second, even though Paramount did try and make modifications to SoB, I find it difficult to believe that the decision to remove the loop & the actual removal took less than 6 months. It seems to me that Paramount did have the idea for the removal, but never made the decision to actally get it done for whatever reason that they deemed necessary.

10million :\ that number keeps ringing in my ear. I dont think its takes 10million dollars to tear down X-flight and re-build it here, and it didn't cost anything to buy the coaster since it was an "inside" trade.

I think Kings Island is geting 2 attractions , X-flight and a mystorus thrill ride =O (im voting for a jump2 :))

No it doesn't take 10 million to tear down X-Flight and ship it down here but fixing SOB isn't free. Seriously, you have no idea what your talking about and your passing it off as if you do. It's probably best you just stop talking.

Hey Sparky, weren't you in charge of high steel maintainance work? Oh wait no... when you worked at the park you checked lap bars and pressed buttons. Why don't you quit hopping on people for speculating? I'm not allowed to say too much but I'm willing to say that come opening day, you're really going to have to put a foot in your mouth for attacking Rumor Smasher on this one.

No I wasn't in charge of steel coaster maitenance nor did I claim to be. Your right, I was Head Supervisor in ride operations but I gained more knowledge about the industry in the six years I was employed at KI then I ever did being in some coaster club or running a fanboy web site. It doesn't take a genius to realize what "Rumor Smasher" is saying is seriously, well, stupid.

10million :\ that number keeps ringing in my ear. I dont think its takes 10million dollars to tear down X-flight and re-build it here, and it didn't cost anything to buy the coaster since it was an "inside" trade.

I think Kings Island is geting 2 attractions , X-flight and a mystorus thrill ride =O (im voting for a jump2 :))

No it doesn't take 10 million to tear down X-Flight and ship it down here but fixing SOB isn't free. Seriously, you have no idea what your talking about and your passing it off as if you do. It's probably best you just stop talking.

Hey Sparky, weren't you in charge of high steel maintainance work? Oh wait no... when you worked at the park you checked lap bars and pressed buttons. Why don't you quit hopping on people for speculating? I'm not allowed to say too much but I'm willing to say that come opening day, you're really going to have to put a foot in your mouth for attacking Rumor Smasher on this one.

No I wasn't in charge of steel coaster maitenance nor did I claim to be. Your right, I was Head Supervisor in ride operations but I gained more knowledge about the industry in the six years I was employed at KI then I ever did being in some coaster club or running a fanboy web site. It doesn't take a genius to realize what "Rumor Smasher" is saying is seriously, well, stupid.

Hows is it stupid? SOB is geting fix on insurvace money.( sorry can't spell that word :() so therefor 10million is left, X-flight isn't going to take all the 10million, Im guesssing2-4 mill will be spent on X-flight, that leaves 6-8mill, Delirium only costed 4.5m, so Thats why im guessing there will be two new major thrill rides. Boddah, I owe you a thank you. so Thanks :)

While everone is planning all the new rides that $10M will buy, let's keep one thing in mind--commercial-grade trash cans aren't cheap! :D

Just general improvements (site reburbishment at X-Flight's site, refurbished restrooms, etc.) and the thing KI needs the most (a sit down restaurant), combined with the relocation of X-Flight can eat into $10M pretty quickly. (I started my own business a few years back...trust me, you can burn through $1M before you even know it <g>). Also, I wonder if there will be any substantial techology changes (i.e., new POS terminals, etc.) to bring the Paramount Parks into whatever standard systems the other CF parks use. (After spending most of my career in corporate IT, that's the first thing that comes to my mind in any announced acquisition...what will they have to do to integrate all the systems :) )

And, finally, you know where I think a few million could definitely have the most bang for a buck? A new CF-owned & operated campground at KI. My feeling is that we'll see that much sooner than later...

Rumor Smasher who cares what Az kinda says obviousley he's the only one who doesnt get what you're saying

I actually agree with AZ. Seems to be pretty well founded in his assumptions and statements. I've not seen anything that rumor has pointed out to be founded (at least as of yet). As far as insurance money, I'd be interested in finding out why there is a thought that insurance money would pay for reconstruction of SOB. Keep in mind, I'm a Claim Rep for a profession.

Just my opinion, I believe we will get X-Flight and general park inprovements. Also I think if they are going to bulid X-Flight next to FoF, they should bulid a new restroom back there. The nearest one is all the way down by Vortex or back by Racer. I just wish KI would announce something soon, so we can stop of this bickering.

Odd... the guy who runs the 'fanboy website' seems to know something that the former button pusher doesn't. I know and respect the fact that you know a fair amount about the industry but my advice to you would be that untill you get better sources, I'd recommend not attacking other peoples' speculation until the truth is revealed.

Odd... the guy who runs the 'fanboy website' seems to know something that the former button pusher doesn't. I know and respect the fact that you know a fair amount about the industry but my advice to you would be that untill you get better sources, I'd recommend not attacking other peoples' speculation until the truth is revealed.

Not often I disagree with ya Boddah (Heck, don't think I ever have) but I really don't see where rumor smasher has done anything except put out vague comments that have not amounted to anything as of yet. Over time, I think that even you will admit that AZ is and has been a sound source of information on the site.

Not often I disagree with ya Boddah (Heck, don't think I ever have) but I really don't see where rumor smasher has done anything except put out vague comments that have not amounted to anything as of yet. Over time, I think that even you will admit that AZ is and has been a sound source of information on the site.

Just trust me. I know what I'm doing. :blink:

Are you kidding me? Sure they hear stuff from time to time and get to know certain people like AZ did and so did myself for doing the same work, but in all honesty the ride ops and supervisors are at the bottom of the food chain and any giant corporate secret awesome decisions are not going to be leaked to general seasonal ride ops.

What don't they get? I put it in clear english. I THINK WE ARE GETING 2 MAJOR THRILL RIDES. I think SOB will Be number 1 in all the wooden coaster world records. So tell me what eles you don't get or any other people?

"...SOB will Be number 1 in all the wooden coaster world records."

Really?

Better start making that first drop a WHOLE lot steeper.

Ain't no way in the world that thing is gonna have the world's steepest drop of any wooden coaster. 76 degrees. Nearly straight down. Son of Beast isn't even close.

It will, however, have the record for once having, and losing, the world's largest loop on any wooden coaster.

Well, at Coney, I know that if you`ve been there a while like me, you will know stuff about their future plans. For example, apparantely their 2008 project has already been decided upon...

CoastersRZ, you've EARNED that trust. And you have well demonstrated that you don't blow it by sharing the news with an Internet message board before the park wants people to know.

Not to mention plans do change. I can guarantee that Kings Island's capex for 07 is different than that which was planned by CBS. Thank heavens.