So whats gonna happen to the discarded loop?

StreetStrip03

If there not careful someone will come on there property and steal it, now days scrap metal is going for a good price. Ask anyone in a new subdivison it seems like wire, pipes and air conditioning units just disappear. When X lands in the parking lot they better put snipers out there to keep it from disappearing.

Maybe thats where the king cobra track went to...

I could just see that on the news some morning.. Kings Island officals report a 4 ton piece of coaster track missing. Warren County officials are looking for someone who removed the track from the parking lot in the early hours.

Sorry.. been cooped up with the family the last 2 days. I snuck on here to connect with the outside world.

Well, it is more the price of copper that is in high demand right now, and hence why new homes that are under construction have been havin copper taken out of them. I don`t think they`d be too worried about people stealing the loop or any X-Flight track, should KI get X-Flight. I mean, unlike wiring in a new home, most thiefs wouldn`t be able to steal track or the loop structure without specialized equipmen, and then it would be hard to do without getting noticed by someone.

Yeah, it's not exactly easy attempting to haul bright green coaster track onto the bed of a Ford F-150 in the middle of an empty parking lot and then deciding whether you want to go past the busy movie theater and new hotel or past the open and quite busy intersection to get on the highway and hopefully escape.

Provided the track hasn't fallen off the truck once you get halfway across the parking lot.

Trust me, tried it once with Runaway Reptar back in 2000; that's why that last turn into the break run is...well, rough like that. ;)

If there not careful someone will come on there property and steal it, now days scrap metal is going for a good price. Ask anyone in a new subdivison it seems like wire, pipes and air conditioning units just disappear. When X lands in the parking lot they better put snipers out there to keep it from disappearing.

Maybe thats where the king cobra track went to...

I could just see that on the news some morning.. Kings Island officals report a 4 ton piece of coaster track missing. Warren County officials are looking for someone who removed the track from the parking lot in the early hours.

Sorry.. been cooped up with the family the last 2 days. I snuck on here to connect with the outside world.

They put IJ's track in the lot for several weeks without a problem. It's just too big to worry about. Plus I'm sure that security keeps a nice watchful eye on it.

Well, it is more the price of copper that is in high demand right now, and hence why new homes that are under construction have been havin copper taken out of them. I don`t think they`d be too worried about people stealing the loop or any X-Flight track, should KI get X-Flight. I mean, unlike wiring in a new home, most thiefs wouldn`t be able to steal track or the loop structure without specialized equipmen, and then it would be hard to do without getting noticed by someone.

ya the police have had problems wit abandoned houses having copper wire stripped from them!

Guest TombraiderTy

I think that the loop would look cool over the entrance on top of the Internatinoal Restaurant. I mean, it'd be an awesome picture shot where straight through the loop you can see the Eiffel Tower, plus they could place one of Son of Beast's old trains in it, and during Fear Fest skeletons and zombies could be in the seats. Just an idea.

What's up in the helixes? Is that a... tunnel?

http://photos.pkicentral.com/displayimage....at=0&pos=18

No, that is not a tunnel. As has been stated before those are merely "temporary" shelters so that workers doing retracking work are not exposed to the bitter winter winds and Ohio precipitation. While it would be nice if we someday got a tunnel on SoB, at this point in time a tunnel is the last thing they are concerned with with this ride. In fact, they probably haven`t even considered adding tunnels to it.

I think that the loop would look cool over the entrance on top of the Internatinoal Restaurant. I mean, it'd be an awesome picture shot where straight through the loop you can see the Eiffel Tower, plus they could place one of Son of Beast's old trains in it, and during Fear Fest skeletons and zombies could be in the seats. Just an idea.

What's up in the helixes? Is that a... tunnel?

http://photos.pkicentral.com/displayimage....at=0&pos=18

Where has it ever been confirmed that "new trains" were coming? All the press release said was that the changes were being performed to make way for "lighter trains", those lighter trains, could be current ones re-modified so that they are not as heavy. It would take quite a lot of money to purchase completely new trains, and no one wanted to make trains the first time when there was no accident, whos crazy enough to make trains for that ride now after there has been an accident?

...and I wonder why no one else wanted to make trains back then? Perhaps a loop on a wooden coaster had something to do with it? In any event, I agree, we are most likely to see the same trains, modified...at least for now. Making trains is not only expensive, it takes time. They aren't setting ready to be sold at some CoasterWorld store in Pennsylvania!

As for putting that loop on top of a building, that's absolutely impractical, and would ruin the skyline of the park to boot. That thing is 118 feet tall--nearly 12 stories. It weighs many, many tons. The footings for that thing are also very, very deep, to put it mildly.