Camp Grounds

KI-ORIG-EMP

a. It wasn't CBS News...it was CBS.

b. I doubt they could care less...because that would indicate they cared at all...in fact, I think they cared most about getting the most money possible for the parks and getting out...and they did that very well indeed....

Yeah, I always imagined that when Redstone, Tom Freston, and Les Moonves first got togethter to talk about the Viacom split, Freston and Mooves must have argued about which one HAD to take the parks :lol:

...Mooves got the last laugh, though. That $1.24B was the absolutely best scenario CBS (and its stockholders) could have imagined.

• 5 weeks later...

It would be great to see the campground back. Nothing better than getting to Kings Island on a Friday afternoon, set up camp, and have fun for 3 straight days.

If they are going to build a camp ground, build it fast!

I have yet to find a tent with a nice air conditioner! :)

Modern day M.A.S.H. units are tents and they have portable chillers and cooling towers to go with them (a chiller and cooling tower is a large a.c. unit for large buildings). They usually are set up with several tents (about 10 grouped together) to form a complete hospital. Also there was a tent at the Bass pro shop that had a space to fit a window a.c. unit, but I did not get the make on the tent.

Do you think that the old camp grounds would be replaced? With Cedar Fair being the new owners, I wonder if they might have plans for new camp grounds? There is still lots of interest in people wanting to spend their vacation camping and spend their time at the park. This would also be another added source of revenue stream for CF. Any ideals?

Mike

My family is very interested in a new campground! it's shame we're now forced to goto Great Wolf or KI Inn. How about clearing some of the land behind the Action Theater?

As well they should have. There is no Kings Island campground there at the moment, and having misleading signs up is not something Cedar Fair normally does....

and

b. I doubt they could care less...because that would indicate they cared at all...in fact, I think they cared most about getting the most money possible for the parks and getting out...and they did that very well indeed....

Dude... I know you from somewhere. ;)

You're just as "to the point" here as you are there. :P

• 1 month later...

The one family of our group that bought passes(from Carowinds) stopped by KI on their way home, found that the primitive campsites are still there, along with picnic tables. Stayed for a few and had a drink. Another note, another of our family's had called for passes, asked about CG, and was told that there might be one for 2008. Did not buy passes, until a new CG is built. This is the 2nd year since 1988 that we will not be at KI.

I would like to see the camp grounds return to KI also. I now stay at Cesar Creek when I go to KI and there are others around KI but I liked it at KI because it was close to the park and they would shuttle you to the park also. I hope it returns in the next few years.