New Kings Island Logo revealed

CoastersNSich

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep...there has been quite a bit of discussion about the fact it is a DECAL and not on your season pass, and is for ONE vehicle....not others in the family. That first link you posted took you to Kings Dominion, where you can buy additional decals for ten bucks each.

There is, by the way, an all Ohio CF parks parking decal available, for $75!

Assuming this is the new logo, I don't like it. I would rather Cedar Fair maintain a distinct difference between Cedar Point and Kings Island, rather than take the logo found on their trashcans and paste "Kings Island" underneath. I really like the current logo, and would prefer a modified version, if possible.

Keep in mind: noweher has it been confirmed that this is the new logo or that the passes will even look like this considering everyone has vouchers and no physical passes. These could just be mock ups like the ones used at the end of the last season. So unlike everyone wants to assume, it has not been confirmed that everything paramount is gone, nor has it been confirmed that this is the new logo.

Kings Island. Mountain-Shattering Fun!

Come Celebrate Kings Island's Mountain-Shattering 35th Anniversary!

Our website is still PKI.com, but the "P" now stands for something in our waterpark's wave pool.

What a Surprise! Paramount's Gone!

We dropped the "Paramount" because we want NOTHING to do with Tom Cruise!

Our 35th Anniversary is something we've been waithing 15 years for!

Based on Previous Slogans"

Where Thrills are No Longer Paramount. (1994)

Where the Magic of No Movies meets the Thrills of a Lifetime! (1993)

The Best of Hollywood Entertainment. Now Playing. Somwhere Else. (2004-06)

Now that we're Paramount-free, There's No Better Time! (2002-03)

Now that we're Paramount-free, You Can Let Yourself Go! (1992)

Kings Island is now a Cedar Fair Entertainment Center. Life Should Always Be This Good! (1995)

I may be the only one who thinks this but I think that if that is the logo for KI it is pretty boring b/c it is only blue and that graphic in the middle looks like clipart. Although I do like the faceoff on the right side of it. I actually liked the mountain better but maybe I am just afraid of change. I believe though that if this in fact is the new logo then wouldn't they have gotten rid of the mountain on their main page.

Just thought that I'd add while they are still using the old image of the season passes on the Canada's Wonderland Season Pass page, they are advertising buying 2007 passes on every other page with a new logo similar to the KI one. So who knows, maybe all the former Paramount Parks will have a similar logo again.

(Look at the left side bar at the link below)

http://www3.paramountparks.com/canadaswond...tions/index.cfm

Just thought that I'd add while they are still using the old image of the season passes on the Canada's Wonderland Season Pass page, they are advertising buying 2007 passes on every other page with a new logo similar to the KI one. So who knows, maybe all the former Paramount Parks will have a similar logo again.

(Look at the left side bar at the link below)

http://www3.paramountparks.com/canadaswond...tions/index.cfm

Add Kings Dominion to the list...

http://www1.paramountparks.com/kingsdomini...tions/index.cfm

And Great America...

http://www3.paramountparks.com/greatameric...tions/index.cfm

And I checked Kings Island and Carowinds' "Rides and Attractions" pages - same thing!

Ladies and Gentlemen, the writing is on the wall.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the writing is on the wall.

Seeing as how no one has a physical season pass yet, no official announcement has been made, the sign off the high way still has Paramount with a mountain, the brown road side sigs nhave not changed, and the letter I received today have a Paramount letter head and symbol on them, there is no writing on the wall, and no hard proof, that Paramount has been removed from the park.