New Kings Island Logo revealed

CoastersNSich

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now if they'd just show us some good entertainment!

Well this is a good start.

It's perty darn nice to see all the P stuff go by the wayside.

How is it they say? Don't let the door hit ya in the ......

They didn't. Mr. Weber is now at Palace Entertainment, where he will doubtless give Mr. Kinzel a run for his money. Funny, Mr. Kinzel could have kept him, but CHOSE to let him go and become a competitor. Go figure!

Personally I hope Al Weber gives Kinzel a run for his money, unless that is Mr. Weber wants to buy all the prototype water rides so Palace ent. can be known as "innovators" like Paramount parks were. Oh well, the paramount may be gone and some consider that mountain in front of the tower to be as bad as the nazi flag flying over France in 1941. Like you Woofer, I'm hoping CF will bring good things to a park that had its good and awful years under Paramount, it will be interesting to see if Kinzel breaks his strategy of "Make Cedar Point awesome and treat the other parks like crap".

-CombatStupendous89......who has never been impressed with a Cedar Fair park except Cedar Point.

Why is the trademark after Car in Carowinds?

Because it is. :lol:

Seriously, though, that registered symbol can appear anywhere in the mark. It doesn't have to be at the beginning or end. You will sometimes see TM instead. That means the holder claims the mark but has not yet registered it. Only those who have notice of that claim are prevented from using it. Once registered, the world is on notice the mark is claimed. To protect it, though, the holder must demand that infringers stop and sue if they don't. See what happened to aspirin, cellophane, escalator, etc. This is why Coke, Pepsi, Xerox, BandAids and Kleenex, among many others, are so zealous about their marks.

Personally I hope Al Weber gives Kinzel a run for his money, unless that is Mr. Weber wants to buy all the prototype water rides so Palace ent. can be known as "innovators" like Paramount parks were. Oh well, the paramount may be gone and some consider that mountain in front of the tower to be as bad as the nazi flag flying over France in 1941. Like you Woofer, I'm hoping CF will bring good things to a park that had its good and awful years under Paramount, it will be interesting to see if Kinzel breaks his strategy of "Make Cedar Point awesome and treat the other parks like crap".

-CombatStupendous89......who has never been impressed with a Cedar Fair park except Cedar Point.

That was actually a fantastic analogy that I had never thought of. Paramount was like an occupation of our good parks.

See what happened to aspirin, cellophane, escalator, etc. This is why Coke, Pepsi, Xerox, BandAids and Kleenex, among many others, are so zealous about their marks.

Yes, until around 1950, Escalator was a trademark of the Otis Elevator Company. Competitors, like Westinghouse and Haughton, called their similar devices Electric Stairway and Moving Stairs, respectively. However, Otis failed to police their trademark, so now, we call anything that has moving steps with a handrail that matches the movement of the stairs, an escalator - even if it's made by Otis, Fujitec, Kone, Schindler, or other companies, past and present.

On the other hand, I don't see some guy with a few carnival rides and such, naming his business "Carowinds"...

Well, Ronny, I believe that the trademark in Pepsi appears after the second p. (At least it used to).

While I like the new logo, it seems too simple. I was hoping that with Cedar Fair, we would receive a custom logo, different from the rest of the parks. This obviousely is not going to be the case.

See what happened to aspirin, cellophane, escalator, etc. This is why Coke, Pepsi, Xerox, BandAids and Kleenex, among many others, are so zealous about their marks.

Yes, until around 1950, Escalator was a trademark of the Otis Elevator Company. Competitors, like Westinghouse and Haughton, called their similar devices Electric Stairway and Moving Stairs, respectively. However, Otis failed to police their trademark, so now, we call anything that has moving steps with a handrail that matches the movement of the stairs, an escalator - even if it's made by Otis, Fujitec, Kone, Schindler, or other companies, past and present.

On the other hand, I don't see some guy with a few carnival rides and such, naming his business "Carowinds"...

Obviously an escalator will take you up, so one that goes down would be called a desendalator right? Now what about a moving side walk, would that be a parallelalator? Just a thought.

Right. I mean how many logos has the park had since it opened? While there were special ones, like for the 20th, 25th and 30th anniversaries (this year is the 35th anniversary), they still featured the same basic logo for that period. You have thing Kings Island in the gothic script, the original PKI logo, and then the second version of the PKI logo that was very similiar to the first PKI logo, which debuted ten years after the original Paramount logo. So, as much as I hate to say it, I think that this logo will be around for at least a few years, possibly on the order of ten years, if not permanentely.

I think one thing we all can agree on is that the "paramount" will not be part of any new logo design and that Kings Island (and other parks) will be know just by their original name instead of "Paramount" <insert name>. It will not be known at Cedar Fair Kings Island but just Kings Island with maybe the CF logo pictured.

Mike

The new Kings Island logo that is on the season passes is what the logo will look like. I ask the guy in HR about it when I dropped off my rehire packet. He showed me the letter head with the very same logo on it and said it is the logo that will be used. It is also the same design that is on the sign as you drive through the employee entrance. Just a matter of time before they replace the BIG sign out front, if not this year or next.

Mike