Spongebob

Skywriter

I was looking around PKI/KI site I looked under every categories they have for rides and it appears that The Sponge bob 3D ride has disappeared off the website take a look for yourself if you do not believe me. Dose this saying Paramount stuff is slowly disappearing.

While i was down in Gatlinburg tenn. i went to Ripley's Beleive It Or Not 3D ride and we actually got to do the Funtastic World Of Hanna Barberra and it was not a very good motion 3D ride. I mean it was a good ride for Gatlinburg size crowds but to put it in an upscale theme park like Kings Island. I think they are making a bad descision.

...except, except, except...Much of whether a motion simulator ride is good or not depends on the equipment used. I have seen Spongebob at at least four parks, and the experience varies widely (I wish I could say the best of them was at KI, but I can't...the film was created with the use of water jets, bubbles and other effects in mind that Paramount Parks chose not to use, and some Six Flags did...).

On the other hand, I have seen Elvira's haunted house thingy at both Kings Island and Kentucky Kingdom in the past, and KI's rocked compared to when it was presented in KK's small theater.

It was at KK where I first saw the Fantastic World of HB one. Well, actually I saw it years ago in Florida, but you know what I mean. KK was open for the season before KI could begin presenting their version. I was a bit shocked that two parks so close together but in competing chains were showing the same attraction.

And if you think the motion simulator at Gatlinburg was bad, never, ever ride the big boat ride attraction in Pigeon Forge on the main drag. It is, to be nice, a tremendous bore and hideously overpriced.

^ speaking of poorly executed simulators, I read on Screamscape that BGT was finally closing down "Akbar" for good. To be honest, I thought it was already gone (it hasn't been running the last few times I've been at the park), but apparently they were still running it from time-to-time on high traffic days.

• 1 year later...

The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera has been on there since last year.

The Hanna-Barbera 3D was/is a joke. Long live SpongeBob!!!

Are you insane?!? Wait...Dont anwser that... The Fastastic World of Hanna-Barbera pwns spongebob it was 100% better when it was at USF KI didnt use the proper 3D effects or/and they didnt use the motion seats those are what was needed for the kick arse experience that it was the ride first opened at USF the KI attraction was luke-warm compared to what it was originally.

I hope we get something new I like the spongebob 3D movie but man..it got old.. I liked 7th portal.

KI didnt use the proper 3D effects or/and they didnt use the motion seats those are what was needed for the kick arse experience that it was .

What? Proper 3d effects? KI's version didn't have any 3d effects and they didn't hand out the glasses as you walked in, although you could tell badly that it was supposed to be shown in 3d. And they did use the motion seats.

When KI got low on employees that summer they would show Spongebob half the day and then Hannah Barbera the other half, made for a lot of disappointed SFKK regulars who made the trip North. I don't believe Funtastic World ran in 2007 at all.

• 6 years later...

The funny thing about this is, that Spongebob 3D wasn't removed until 2011, the best thing I have ever witnessed at Action Theater, I really don't care for Dinosaurs 3D.

You obviously never saw Days of Thunder ... or need I say James Bond tearing up the screen.

For those of you who want to relive the Spongebob 3D experience, go on the new Carnival cruise ship, the Carnival Breeze! It has a 4-D theater and plays the exact same movie.

You might want to make sure you choose one with a 4-D theater because I went on the newly renovated Carnival Dream not to long ago and didn't have that. I also believe the Nickelodeon Resort in Orlando Florida has it too? (don't hold it against me if I'm wrong) Adventure Dome at Circus Circus has it too (as of May 2012). The one at CC had water and bubble and other effects but the downside was the seats didn't move much at all. I liked KI's moving seats, as they really got ya moving!

• Like 1

For those of you who want to relive the Spongebob 3D experience, go on the new Carnival cruise ship, the Carnival Breeze! It has a 4-D theater and plays the exact same movie.

You might want to make sure you choose one with a 4-D theater because I went on the newly renovated Carnival Dream not to long ago and didn't have that. I also believe the Nickelodeon Resort in Orlando Florida has it too? (don't hold it against me if I'm wrong) Adventure Dome at Circus Circus has it too (as of May 2012). The one at CC had water and bubble and other effects but the downside was the seats didn't move much at all. I liked KI's moving seats, as they really got ya moving!

That's why I said "go on the new Carnival cruise ship, the Carnival Breeze!"...

• Like 3

That's why I said "go on the new Carnival cruise ship, the Carnival Breeze!"...

Ahh fine details... How I need to pay more attention... Sad thing is I read that post over like 4 or 5 times and still didn't notice it...

• Like 1