Kings Island History, Both Old and New

Thank you interpreter for making my point.

Then whose to say that every word not spelled correctly in the forums is not a typo?

Try comparing them with my hundreds of other posts. If you think I have a serious spelling issue, then I think you can address it here. Until then, I think it would be a typo. (Considering I was born/raised in Cincinnati and know many that have graduated from the school.

You missed my point. Just about every thread on here has some one correcting another's spelling or grammar, don't you think that will and has gotten old? I want to come on here and read the comments about the topic, not if some one can't spell. So I saw this thread and I noticed no one has been corrected on any thing, just keeping up the tradition. Also I am a graduate of Moeller, so I do not care if you know any one or not.

So you go ahead and do the one thing on these forums that your getting tired of seeing? I am having trouble seeing the point in that.

Yeah. I missed the idea behind that one as well. I mean if you are tired of seeing it, then why do you do the same exact thing you are tired of seeing when you don`t see it in a thread?

Back on topic, the location of the floral thermometer, as stated by others, was in Coney Mall. In fact, the building visible behind the right side of the thermometer is the restaurant that has since been renovated two times into the current Happy Days Diner.

Guest rollercoasterfreak

My mom really enjoyed looking at the old photos you have on this site. She worked at Kings Island as a teenager on the flying dutchman(shoes) and the der spinning keggers(barrels). She even squealed and said "looky"....maybe I can get extra allowance this week for making her happy:)

These are some nice pictures. It is always nice to look back and see what Kings Island looked like when our parents used to go there all the time and they only had a couple of big rides. I have to say that besides 1993-2001 those were the glory years.

These are some nice pictures. It is always nice to look back and see what Kings Island looked like when our parents used to go there all the time and they only had a couple of big rides. I have to say that besides 1993-2001 those were the glory years.

The Paramount Years were what we commonly call the Dark Years of Kings Island.

It's when the Sith Took Control of the Park and tried to destroy all that was good and wonderful in the park.

But the Force was strong in our good park and was able to toss the Dark Side to the pits of history.

Who's this WE?

*I* refer to the Lindner years and the CBS year as the dark periods.

Paramount Parks did an excellent job in running the chain. And it was because of them that KI was again re-united with the other KECO parks.

One thing is for sure...Cedar Fair has yet to prove what they are going to do for the former Paramount Parks.

Time will tell.

Because the agreement was already made. KECO was managing KI for one last year, under contract from Lindner. A contract that was NOT going to be renewed.

Lindner didn't believe in paying others to do what he knew he could jolly well do better himself (whether or not he correctly believed that is another question)

Because the agreement was already made. KECO was managing KI for one last year, under contract from Lindner. A contract that was NOT going to be renewed.

Lindner didn't believe in paying others to do what he knew he could jolly well do better himself (correctly or not is another question)

KECO managed the parks for several years under Lindner.

There was no change in daily operations.

Exactly...but the KECO management contract was in its final year, and Lindner had already made clear it was not going to be renewed...

At the time, Paramount Communications agreed to buy Kings Dominion, Great America, Canada's Wonderland and Carowinds, but ONLY if Kings Island was reacquired from Lindner. And so it came to pass...

Personally I dont think that the Paramount years were that bad. Granted, I am younger than most, and the Paramount period is all that is known. But, for the most part we have seen, a tremendous kids area, filled with actual kiddie thrill rides...excuse me FAMILY rids not just some carnival cars running in circles crap. plus ride theming is better than you will find at any Six Flags park, as all of you know! Also, we have not been shut off from the outside world when it comes to getting new rides, Delirium, TRTR, Italian JOB, the Son of Beast persistence, and even the Sponge Bob ride in the Paramount action FX theater is kinda nice. All in all it hasnt been horrible years, we do still have a park you know, which cannot be said about once great destinations such as Lesourdsville Lake, or Opryland USA or even Sea World that once blessed the State of Ohio at Geauga Lake.

That 1979 brochure is just amazing. What a place. So many neat things. Even down to The Beast photo place. All the landscaping, "International" eateries and stores.

Ya gotta remember. That's all before Paramount got their twisted hands on the park and attempted to impose their vision on the park.

I'd much rather have a paramount park than an abondoned park that was run into the ground by Carl Linder and the failing KECO.

Personally I dont think that the Paramount years were that bad. Granted, I am younger than most, and the Paramount period is all that is known. But, for the most part we have seen, a tremendous kids area, filled with actual kiddie thrill rides...excuse me FAMILY rids not just some carnival cars running in circles crap. plus ride theming is better than you will find at any Six Flags park, as all of you know! Also, we have not been shut off from the outside world when it comes to getting new rides, Delirium, TRTR, Italian JOB, the Son of Beast persistence, and even the Sponge Bob ride in the Paramount action FX theater is kinda nice. All in all it hasnt been horrible years, we do still have a park you know, which cannot be said about once great destinations such as Lesourdsville Lake, or Opryland USA or even Sea World that once blessed the State of Ohio at Geauga Lake.

Been to many carnivals lately?

• 5 weeks later...

I actually prefer the 1st gen Togo stand-ups to the B&Ms of today... While KC was a short ride, the visuals were fantastic, especially from the front seat. You could look down and see the track just inches from your feet. It really gave you the sensation of standing at the front edge of the train. In the B&Ms, there's the little "leader car" thing on front, and you feel much more encompassed by the overall body of the train, so the you don't have that "standing on the edge" sensation.

Plus, there's the rough factor. While I didn't notice it in it's earlier days, I find Mantis such a head banger now that I'll ride it once in a 2-day trip to CP (if at all). I basically lose an hour after riding it waiting for the head and neck ache to subside...