Major New Announcement...

Reclaimer

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think that Kings Island will get two rides? What leads you to think that? $10 million does not go very far when it comes to rides and capital expenditures.

I HIGHLY doubt they will announce anything on a weekend. Most announcements are made during the week, when more people will tune into the local evening news. Which means that they will reach more people woth news about the new attraction by announcing it on a weekday.

Well coming from a reliabe source like Rumor Smasher I too will now jump on the 2 rides bandwagon. ;)

Seriously though, the corrections being made to the track/structure on SoB would not be included in the $10 million figure, but I would think new trains on SoB would be included. There is a good portion of the funds going to new trains, another large part going to the instalation and painting of X-Flight, and the remainder is going towards general park maintence, beautification, and hopefully some reworked resturaunts inside the park.

Smash That ;)

Well darn that's a little farther off then I like. But just maybe that's when the first pieces of X-Flight will be delivered to KI. Then they wouldn't be able to keep the secret any longer. Just my guess. If that's the case they are no way, the ride will be ready to go by April 21st. I couldn't see the ride opening before Memorial Day, if we are truly getting X-Flight.

Well coming from a reliabe source like Rumor Smasher I too will now jump on the 2 rides bandwagon. ;)

Seriously though, the corrections being made to the track/structure on SoB would not be included in the $10 million figure, but I would think new trains on SoB would be included. There is a good portion of the funds going to new trains, another large part going to the instalation and painting of X-Flight, and the remainder is going towards general park maintence, beautification, and hopefully some reworked resturaunts inside the park.

Smash That ;)

Woah, where do you know for a fact that the SOB work is not included in the 10 million dollar figure and where has it been said that there are new trains coming? In all the press releases and the info on KI it is said that there will be lighter trains, not exactly new trains. You can make the current trains lighter. Remember, over time many things were added to these trains, it would be far cheaper to just lighten them and re-modify them rather than put in an order for a production facility to fabricate new trains. Also, no one wanted to manufacture trains in the first place for the ride because they feared an accident, now that an accident has happened, whos gonna step up? They're most likely just going to lighten the current trains.

$10 million in capital improvements. The SoB repairs are more along the lines of maintence and would not be accounted for the same as capital improvements, like new rides, paint, resturants etc... Does winter rehab on all the rides fall under capital improvements?

Yes nobody wanted to build trains for SoB in the begining, that is also when the ride went upside down. Now it doesnt so it seems more likely companies would want to build trains if approached. Especially if they were involved in the removal of the loop and redesigning of the ride.

These are my predictions for 2007, just a very educated guess. Nothing more.

:-\

not likely at all.

What are you saying is not likely?

And Railrider, I understand what your saying, and pretty much agree with you about the whats considered a capital investment and whats not, but I just dont see anyone wanting to be associated with that ride after the awful reputation it has gained in the industry. Yes, some may enjoy it, but from a manufacturers stand point I wouldnt want my product associated with it.

Its most likely that they are getting new trains and the coast of the repairs to SoB is part of the 10 million. They annonced all the moneying being spent for the 2007, they don't just leave things out. This is a pubicly traded company they have to make everything they do public.

While I have absolutely no idea what the $10M in cap-ex entails, I do agree that Railrider's definition of "capital" is correct. Routine maintenance items are not considered capital expenditures in corporate finance. (In fact, coding standard maintenance items as cap-ex was one of the many, many things that got WorldCom into trouble...)

However, the SoB scenario is a little more complicated...would new trains count as a capital expenditure? I'm no accountant, but my thought would be yes. (And, I bet a new train is in at least the six figure range, if not seven...) What about removing the loop? I'm not so sure about that one...it's kind of a maintenance issue, but also could be described as an "amount used during a particular period to acquire or improve long term assets such as property, plant, or equipment" (a definition of cap-ex...)

I will say that I'll be very suprised if the improvements at KI next year include more the relocated X-Flight, fixes to SoB, general park improvements (including possibly a new restaurant or two), and a whole bunch of new trashcans! :D

Its most likely that they are getting new trains and the coast of the repairs to SoB is part of the 10 million. They annonced all the moneying being spent for the 2007, they don't just leave things out. This is a pubicly traded company they have to make everything they do public.

And how can you say it is most likely they are getting new trains? What proof do you have? Being a ride op a Geauga Lake does not mean you know what is going to happen to a coaster at a park you do not work at. Also, who would build such new trains? Keep in mind, they would have to be custom made for the track guage SOB uses.