Major New Announcement...

Reclaimer

I would think that re-naming it would be a no-brainer. I would think they want to want to downplay this being a "moved" ride as much as possible, as well as make this an all-new "experience". Some FOF-level theming would be really sweet.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think that re-naming it would be a no-brainer. I would think they want to want to downplay this being a "moved" ride as much as possible, as well as make this an all-new "experience". Some FOF-level theming would be really sweet.

Ya, that would be cool theming it with FoF. You will have space, and flying next to eachother. It could be a cool idea.

I wonder if the announcement will happen before January 26th, as they took that off the calendar. Now when you click on the link from PKI's home page it takes you to the media center. Maybe we will know by the end of next week. Hey we can hope.

Also about the pic of the X-Flight sign, that sign looks horrible. I hope they name it something else. Something more creative.

I still highly doubt they keep that name.

It will be interesting to see what they rename it, if they do.

After all, these are the folks who renamed a kiddie coaster the Beaver Land Mine Ride!

They could rename it "The Grove of Eglantine." It would sorta have the same "theme" as BLMR. Also, it wouldn't be the first time Cedar Fair named a coasters at one of their parks after a Styx song.

Well, how about all your posts that have spelling and capitalization errors in them? (There are numerous ones of those as examples). Also, your attitude that you proclaim to know the inner workings at Kings Island and what is going on from your "sources." I don`t need to bring up the over used (and recently mentioned in a recent thread) proverb about people who know but don`t tell.

I doubt that the repairs for Son of Beast are considered routine offseason maintenance akin to normal retracking (which they are doing on the ride). The money for the fixes of the structural issues with the ride has to come from somewhere, where exactly is a whole separate issue.

Even after the park spills the beans with the announcement, there will still be a lot to talk about. As the season approaches, there will likely be many updates involving Kings Island, such as possibly a new website, a new logo with the 'P' missing, and possibly some construction updates from the goings on at Ft. Cooper. (Is the activity really just a "a publicity stunt by a local amusement park for their latest attraction?")

Please point out my post that did not make any sense.....

It's not that your posts don't make sense. (Granted you have a fair share of those.) It's a matter that you attempt to pass yourself off as an expert and that nothing you've said has panned out. And the things that have panned out have been nothing that was any surprise. It's like pointing out that the sun will come up tomorrow.

I will clear things up,

Son of Beast is not geting new trains!

Son of Beast is not apart of the 2007 program

Wait 3 weeks and be ready to have a heart attack when you do see what we're geting.

Why do you insist on trying to make everyone believe you? You are making yourself out to be just another troll.

Another thing, spend more time on this site...

http://www.primarygames.com/see-n-spell/see-n-spell.htm

Someone on here (i dont know who) said that CF was a publicaly traded corporation. They were half right CF is a Limited Partnership and yes they do have stock on the NYSE but what makes them different from a regular corporation is the way they structure their investors and their SEC filings. So no we do not now how CF spends all their money just most of it. And as far as the SoB accident repairs I am sure KI and CF both have emergency funds for stuff like this, also insurance, and the damages they received from that court battle back in 2000. So it is my personal opinion that the 10 mil. will not be used for SoB repairs, instead for a new major thrill ride and updates to the park as the press release from CF hinted.

The Court Battle in 2000 was between Paramount Parks..specifically PKI and the company that was contracted to help engineer SOB Roller Coaster Corporation of America I believe. PKI sued because they felt that they would have problems with SOB. RCCA said they would only have them because PKI elected to build SOB by themselves rather than using them to build the ride.

That's what I thought you meant. Last I heard, the park has collected not a single dime of that judgment. Kind of hard to spend that which you have not been able to collect. RCCA and its affiliate who was sued in that action did not make an appearance or defend themselves. RCCA is apparently out of business in the US, and hasn't attended the IAAPA show for some time now.