Major New Announcement...

Reclaimer

You guys and gals need to get out more, Im just saying( if my sources are correct) the big announcement should be great! I can feel 2007 season being probly the best season!!!

Mutedarkness, SOB was never in a 2007 program, its geting fix with money the park uses just for its attraction maintence. This is just like a Big re-track for sob but only new supports and new tracking =). I really do think this will the greastest season ever =D

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see anything listed for Jan. 26...

They moved the "Major Announcement" thing under the "Announcements" section on the front page...

If indeed this announcement happens on the 26th, it will be just before ACE No Coaster Con the day after (which I may be attending).

I really do think this will the greastest season ever =D

haha 10 million dollars is nothing. Six Flags put 4 coasters in one year for 40 million

Guess what, we're not talking about six flags. Please post more details in that post, I really don't see what you ment? All I see is that you say 10million dollars is nothing(whitch nothing = 0 and 10,000,000 doesn't = 0) and you randomly said "Six Flags put 4 coasters in one year for 40 million" so what? Six Flags sucks.

You guys and gals need to get out more, Im just saying( if my sources are correct) the big announcement should be great! I can feel 2007 season being probly the best season!!!

Mutedarkness, SOB was never in a 2007 program, its geting fix with money the park uses just for its attraction maintence. This is just like a Big re-track for sob but only new supports and new tracking =). I really do think this will the greastest season ever =D

Your gonna kill me until this is release. Mind sharing a bit? :P

And the above post. 40 million equals 4 new coasters. so, 40 mill / 4 coasters = 10 mil a coaster. Huh.. Thats what KI got. Not bad for being given just under an 1/8th of the total budget thats ment for 10+ parks. (2/11ths if you take out CP and their 25 mil in that budget.)

okay... how is the park paying to get SoB fixed?

and being a ride op has nothing to do with knowing how Cedar Fair brings coasters to their "standards"

That and no way answers what I asked you and what would you know about CD's "standards"? Granted your a seasonal Cedar Fair employee, but you do not have any inside knowledge of how their corporate decisions are made nor how their full time upper management decisions are made. Cedar Fair has differnet standards set for different parks. Having myself been to a plethora of them, you can notice the difference in "standards". I respect your love for Geauga Lake and your place of employment, its a great park with great people, but it in no way is up to the customer service and quality levels Cedar Point is at. I visted both within a week of eachother and the details are quite obvious.

And the above post. 40 million equals 4 new coasters. so, 40 mill / 4 coasters = 10 mil a coaster. Huh.. Thats what KI got. Not bad for being given just under an 1/8th of the total budget thats ment for 10+ parks. (2/11ths if you take out CP and their 25 mil in that budget.)

WEll one of those coasterse were a kiddie coaster

okay... how is the park paying to get SoB fixed?

and being a ride op has nothing to do with knowing how Cedar Fair brings coasters to their "standards"

That and no way answers what I asked you and what would you know about CD's "standards"? Granted your a seasonal Cedar Fair employee, but you do not have any inside knowledge of how their corporate decisions are made nor how their full time upper management decisions are made. Cedar Fair has differnet standards set for different parks. Having myself been to a plethora of them, you can notice the difference in "standards". I respect your love for Geauga Lake and your place of employment, its a great park with great people, but it in no way is up to the customer service and quality levels Cedar Point is at. I visted both within a week of eachother and the details are quite obvious.

Its an industry... its not hard to learn about it. I knew as much as i did when i was not incharge at GL. Look at CF's past, you can see that some coasters were not to standards... raging wolf bobs, hurs, SoB... ect... they eaither A. Fixed them up to their standards (look at CF woodies) or B. Take them out. It isnt 'inside knowalge'

And to sum it up getting 10 million dollars dosnt make it a "great" year

Yes i understand where that is coming from... its a multi million dollar project... when it was a multi million dolar coaster. hmm

You cannot blame the SoB on CF. It happened two weeks after they bought the park. The State told them that the ride was safe to run, and they did just that. You can't send people to inspect all the rides within the two weeks you bought the park.

Raging Wolf Bobs, what happened with that? Never heard anything about it. It wasn't the smoothest ride when I went on it, but at that time, Six Flags owned Geauga lake.

Wow... In the minute it took me to type this, three other people have replied...

And this:

And to sum it up getting 10 million dollars dosnt make it a "great" year

What he ment was that KI was going to do something with the money, to make this a great year. That can only mean another ride... Or a loop on The Beast, whatever is easier... (Jokes jokes.... but wouldn't that be something?)

Yes i understand where that is coming from... its a multi million dollar project... when it was a multi million dolar coaster. hmm

Please do the favor and shut up! you made no sense in that post, you say its multi million dollar project then you say its multi million dollar coaster. You need to make up your mind! And you saying its not goin to be a great season, well your just crazy! it might not be a great season for GL but whats instore for KI will be great for the park!

X-Flight: $6.8 million

Scenery Upgrades: $1.1 million

New Restaurant: $1.4 million

The Possibility of the Best Year Ever, as well as New Trashcans: Priceless.

-OR-

New Flat Ride: $1.9 million

The Onslaught of An Even SCARIER FearFest 07, as well as New Trashcans: Priceless.

(just guestimating here)

New Restaurant: $1.4 million

The Possibility of the Best Year Ever, as well as New Trashcans: Priceless.

-OR-

New Flat Ride: $1.9 million

The Onslaught of An Even SCARIER FearFest 07, as well as New Trashcans: Priceless.

(just guestimating here)

whos says we're paying for X-flight? Like i said in past post "inside trade"

Mutedarkness, I will let ronny deal with you -_-

Please do the favor and shut up! you made no sense in that post, you say its multi million dollar project then you say its multi million dollar coaster. You need to make up your mind! And you saying its not goin to be a great season, well your just crazy! it might not be a great season for GL but whats instore for KI will be great for the park!

Im saying that they are spending mulit million dollars on a multi million dollar coaster and thats all being spent out of mataince money? thats very costly.

Im also saying 10 million dollars isnt gonna buy a great year...

I am sure Geauga Lake will have another great year next year. Geauga lake had a great year this year reaching over 750k people with a shorten season

Indeed, Geauga Lake had SUCH a great year, the footprint of the park is being reduced. I hope and pray that Kings Island NEVER has such a great year. (Visions of Vortex being sent to Wonderland...or Flight of Fear to...never mind!)

That was great... I love it.

PKIfan73, from what I remember, most rides keep their name, but a new paint scheme.

And mutedarkness, in that press release, it said nothing that Geauga lake was getting any money. Sorry.