sob trains

fan of beast

well there is the smart ass comment of the day, lol, glad were off to a good start! Im jk Captain Picard!

Anyways, I see new trains, I dont know from where or who, but I deff dont think they will lose much weight be even attempting to modify the current trains. And if noone will build trains, which I think they will, KI has been know to fab things themselves!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When rumors are going they will tend to be about what is most costly or what everyone wants . When it's all said and done it ends up with what cost less.

There are some here that could know and are saying no new trains at this point. As always no one hears it because it's not the most costly or what they want. :(

yeah I understand, from a cost standpoint, modding would be the way to go, but also a "band-aid", From a PR standpoint and fixing it all up rightm I would be looking torwards new trains. But the PR release says that lighter trains will be used what that means I dont know, I guess they wil be lighter what ever we get!

From a PR standpoint, the public pays a lot less attention to what trains look like than any of us. They remember what the ride felt like, but most couldn't tell you if the ride had two benches or three, nor do they care.

Short seatbelts? Surely, Cedar Fair wouldn't install short seat belts. Perish the thought!

I know that the public could really care less compared to what we think. But, they would be able to notice some differences. Plus, there are 2,000 some people registered on this forum plus another couple thousand that pay attention here but do not post, plus even more who know about the problems with the trains, and then you have a whole bunch of people who have read about the use of "lighter trains" in the newspaper or heard about it on the news.

Im not saying they would remember whether a coaster had two benches or three, but when they see the ride, they will remember if that was the former train or not. But, the minute everybody sees that they COMPLETELY got rid of the loop and COMPLETELY got rid of the trains, and KI releases exactly what they did, people will feel much more assured that they wont be the ones on the ride the next time it cracks a beam. so yes, noone but us cares what the exact dimensions are of the track and the cars and what materials they are made out of, but most people are explicitly aware that something on SOB the track or the trains have caused a problem and this will affect Public opinion for years to come!

I have to disagree with you on the amount of people finding out, It was in Cincinnati enquirer, Dayton Daily, Springfield Sun Times, The miamisburg news here where I live, and every news station at 6, 10, and 11 when the announcement was made. My mom hates this stuff, and even she knew what was happening when I asked her. I think anybody that visits the park more than twice a summer knows about the situation, because of you go three times, well your gonna know the place, and care about it, I know even some of the people I talk with who dont care about anything PKI but go there occasionaly, know exactly what is happening!

That .04% sounds roughly accurate, im not sure how many people go to KI seasonally, but it sounds like it would possibly equate, dont forget about these other forums too, there is some overlap but the point is anyone that lives within a 17 mile radius of me and gets the exact same news as me heard the Press release on the News if they were home and watching at 6,10, 11 even if they were watching Simpsons at 5:30 on Fox the day of the announcement, they knew that at 6 they would find out that the loop was removed and trains modified.

People arent as shut off from the world as you give them credit for!

They aren't shut off from the news, they just don't pay attention to it like we do when the topic is theme parks. An example? There has been a lot of publicity lately about Michael Jackson and a pharmacy he is allegedly in hock to. Who pays attention to that story? People who pay attention to Michael or to pharmacists. A lot of people who heard that story forgot about it, oh, seven seconds later! Your Mom paid a lot of attention to that PKI story as she either knows how much you adore the park, also does so herself, or both.

well and she also works at an investment firm, so she knows all about the stock market and this sort of corporate announcement. I am pretty sure that everyone around here has heard from a news cast or other wise that SOB had problems, it was big on the newscasts thats for sure, and the measures that were to be taken.

We will not know for certain how many know, but I do believe half the population that goes to PKI knows of the adjustments being made. Now decidedly we dont know for sure but as far as exposure goes, millions have been exposed to the SOB fiasco, and some number smaller than that was aware of its closing, and then a number a bit smaller than that was aware of PKI's exact measures to be taken. So going on exposure alone, many people are aware, going on anybody that works in an environment such as my mom knows, Some stockholders of PKI knew, and most stock holders of FUN now know, any members of these forums know, some visitors to pki.com to get season tickets, saw the press release heading. Going on exposure many people know, about the fiascos!

• 3 weeks later...

According to reports from No Coaster Con, Maureen stated they've narrowed the manufacturer of the new SoB trains down to two companies, but they still haven't decided. She said a final decision as to what will go where the loop once was cannot be made until they decide on trains, but that it will open in 2007.

More here:

http://www.coasterbuzz.com/forum.aspx?mode...p;TopicID=46439

Oh yeah...I also thought it was kinda nice to see Maureen got to represent all of the former Paramount Parks...Not just Kings Island.

Way to go, Maureen!!!

Well, I believe that KI`s pr department has typically represented all the Paramount Parks at No Coaster Con. If they haven`t selected a manufacturer for the trains yet, I doubt that the ride will be ready until mid summer, if by then. Manufacturing trains isn`t something that just happens overnight. Especially since they would have to fit an extra large guage of track.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I Emailed The Company That Owned The Myrtle Beach Pavilion and i asked who bought the hurricane roller coaster trains well they emailed me back saying that Cedar Fair bought the wooden coaster trains and they were shipped to Kings Island well i dont know what coaster there going to be used on well i just thought i would post this info.

• 2 months later...

I was at the park today and while riding Drop Zone, I glanced over to SoB and noticed something that looked like a "test cart" but as I thought about it, I remembered that the G-trains from the Hurricane had open fronts almost like MF trains. Basically, the lead coach for the new train is sitting in the station. I tried hard to snap a shot, but I couldn't see it from anywhere else. If you are at the park soon, check it out. My guess, we will see a full train in the next week or two.

Strange. I rode Top Gun today, and didn`t notice anything out of the ordinary at SoB when leading Top Gun`s exit. But then again, I wasn`t exactly looking for anything either. (Nothing was visible from the Eiffel Tower).

You cannot see it walking to Top Gun or anywhere on the ground. The only place I caught sight of it was on Drop Zone. The only other place I could think to look would be on the Effel Tower, but the roof of the station may be blocking it. I sat in seat 33 or 34 on Drop Zone, when the gondola spins, look over and you will see the lead coach, NOT a whole train.

You cannot see it walking to Top Gun or anywhere on the ground. The only place I caught sight of it was on Drop Zone. The only other place I could think to look would be on the Effel Tower, but the roof of the station may be blocking it. I sat in seat 33 or 34 on Drop Zone, when the gondola spins, look over and you will see the lead coach, NOT a whole train.

Did it look black or a very dark blueish to you? I thought I saw one car sitting there on friday. (Went on Drop Zone 4 times :D)