Kings Island is a steel recycling plant?

Earl Gray

Ok, so in that recent Cincinnati Enquirer article Kings Island claim to have removed the loop from the Son of Beast rollerocaster and shipped it off to a steel recycling center. Well a buddy of mine who works up at the park in HR sent me some pictures of the loop sitting in the parking lot in pieces. These were taken by him in within the last two weeks at some time. He said theres no X Flight track in the parking lot yet but that the SOB loop is lying in pieces. Do you think they might auction some of it off? I'd like to buy a piece!

Here are the pictures:

IPB Image

IPB Image

I'm thinking about calling the park tommorow and seeing if any of these pieces are for sale or do you think maybe they're holding them for the ACE museum. My friend said the whole structure isnt there, just parts of it laying around along with some big wooden crates that he claims are full of old lap bars, but he didnt have any pictures.

Happy Monday!

-Jeffery

Wow man those are some nice pics. I would love to have a piece of the loop as well. They should just keep it and make like a historic monument out of it somewhere in the park where eveyone can walk around and see it.

When i first looked at it i thought it was X-Flight's track and i was about to go nuts. Maybe they are going to fit the trains with whole new lap bars as well. I would love to have one of those as well. How many people could say that they watch TV in a chair with a Son of Beast lap bar over top of them?

Wow, how come it snowed at KI but not anywhere else in Cincinnati?

Oh Maureen you are very sneeky... trying to put artificial snow around the Island so we dont go thinking that KI could have stayed open this winter. If that is not the case, Maureen is the Grothar, God of weather. And erACER, he must be Chronos, God of Time!

THAT one is. It blew down in a windstorm some time after those pictures were taken way back then. The new (since then) PKI sign looks nothing like the one in those pictures, which the poster (or someone) took the time to remove...

Just proves my point that a lot of people don't pay a lot of attention to the signs and little stuff around the park! :)