What Kind of Shoes

flightoffear1996

I've always been a believer that tennis shoes are always the best. But, when I make the trip to Kings Island I generally stay two days. On the day I hit Boomerang Bay I will wear flip flops. I made the mistake one time of going bare-footed at the Bay. All that concrete and all that sun shew did my feet hurt.

Well for the park I always go with running shoes, unless it is FearFest, then I wear some good comfortable dress boots because of the cooler weather.

Over at Boomerang Bay I agree its a bad idea not to have something on your feet because the sun, concrete, and some of the non slip surfaces can tear your feet up. So I wear my dive boots on most visits, but occasionaly will opt for the classic aqua sox. hahaha

It must be the offseasson

I like to go with a the classic running/walking shoes. But, I like to have a pair of shoes that will dry fast, so my Chucks are out...:( I wore my Chucks to Animal Kingdom once, and rode the White Water Rafting thing, so to avoid my shoes being wet, I covered them with a plastic grocery bag.

I wear the most comfortable shoes I own - and they must provide ankle and arch support, as well as protect my toes. I put gel-type inserts in the shoes as it helps prevent fatigue. For the water park, I bring my aqua shoes, although you must remove them for most slides. (I don't want to injure my feet on the concrete, and sometimes that concrete gets REALLY hot, too!)

Something I'd like to mention...

I took a jogging course at the university several years ago. I would get sores on my feet. The professor told me to wear 2 pair of socks. I know this makes my feet hotter than I care to have them, but for those of you who have these kinds of troubles, try it - it does work.

I always wear just regular tennis shoes when visiting any park.

The thing I can't stand are those stupid wheelie shoes that the teenagers at pre-teens are all wearing now. I was in Disney and they were all over the place. Not only are they highly annoying, but there is also a dangerous factor to the person wearing them and the people around them. I saw a kid run into a baby stroller and almost knock the little baby all the way out because of those shoes.

Tennis shoes for me. The only thing that sucks though if you ride a water ride, and your shoes get wet. Ouch your feet really start to hurt later on in the day.

I'm telling you, just bring a plastic grocery bag and cover your shoes...

And as to the rolly shoes, they are annoying. It's like skiing, and then people come up and zoom around you. I can cause you to fall and other things like that. I know at WInterplace (ski resort), the person in front has the rightaway because they cant really turn around to see whats coming

I always wear just regular tennis shoes when visiting any park.

The thing I can't stand are those stupid wheelie shoes that the teenagers at pre-teens are all wearing now. I was in Disney and they were all over the place. Not only are they highly annoying, but there is also a dangerous factor to the person wearing them and the people around them. I saw a kid run into a baby stroller and almost knock the little baby all the way out because of those shoes.

Gotta agree with you there, those things are annoying as hell. I've seen so many cocky 12 year olds bite the dust at Kings Island while going down The Beast's exit ramp its not even funny.

I have a few different pairs of converse chuck taylors, but walking around in those all day give you no support and hurt really bad. I usually wear my Red and Black CKY Adios.

The shoes I wear depend on how much I will be doing and how the weather is. When Sunny, I will wear a pair of all white adidas originals; I guess that is what they are called. (I forget the exact name of the shoe) By the way the shoes only cost about 60 dollars and with good care will stay decently white for over a year and a half. On colder days, I will wear a pair of basketball shoes which keep my feet somewhat warm and somewhat comfortable. So I tend to wear my adidas’ because they are comfortable, a bit loose and over all awesome =). Well that is in my opinion.

-Chris

Well they can't exactly check everyone's shoes...

Why not? They check to see if you are bringing in a gun, surely they are able to look at a shoe and see if it has wheels! Or, at the VERY least, apprehend the skating offenders in the park and tell them they can't wear wheeled shoes (but what if those are the ONLY shoes the little tyke has?)

I rarely ever wear athletic shoes, so in the cooler months I wear a very comfortable walking work shoe. In the hotter months I wear my Clarks walking sandals

IPB Image

then gladly trade them in at Boomerang Bay for a pair of light weight shower shoes to keep my feet from suffering excruciating pain from walking on all the rough concrete at the Waterpark.

I rarely ever wear athletic shoes, so in the cooler months I wear a very comfortable walking work shoe. In the hotter months I wear my Clarks walking sandals

IPB Image

then gladly trade them in at Boomerang Bay for a pair of light weight shower shoes to keep my feet from suffering excruciating pain from walking on all the rough concrete at the Waterpark.

Is that a lizzard I see in your pic Avatar?

Most of the time, I'll wear my athletc type sneakers, especially if I'm wearing shorts, and/or plan to do an exceptional amount of walking in an all-day visit. Other times, when wearing longer pants, I'll wear "work boots," especially on shorter visits on cooler days. I haven't worn sandals there (or anywhere for that matter) in years.

^I gotta to agree with you there while it isn't necessairy to take you gymshoes off on those rides I especially enjoy doing so because it feels great and kindof makes you fell more free. Well anyway a year ago I saw these shoes in gatlinburg that really had a shock in the back heel,

Kindof like these but not as large spring and only on the heel. All though I never got to try them on but they looked pretty cool especially since they were designed to help people who stand a lot.

I personally always wear my Brooks running shoes. They're by far the most comfortable and durable pair of shoes I've ever owned.

A tip I have for people who said that wet socks make their feet hurt, you should invest in a pair of dry-fit socks. They're wonderful because they dry out much quicker than an average pair of socks; I recommend these for any one who has a problem with wet socks.

I personally always wear my Brooks running shoes. They're by far the most comfortable and durable pair of shoes I've ever owned.

A tip I have for people who said that wet socks make their feet hurt, you should invest in a pair of dry-fit socks. They're wonderful because they dry out much quicker than an average pair of socks; I recommend these for any one who has a problem with wet socks.

I own a pair of Brooks running shoes also. Used them for 300+ miles with Cross Country last year and on the last day of practice, there is a telephone pole blocking an entrance to a part of the park we run in, and we just run over it, but I missed it an the mesh/web toe section of the shoes hit right into a bolt on the pole and I landed face first in gravel. So now there is a gaping hole in the top of the shoes...