Season Passes

CrazyKay07

Hey PKICentral!

I've been looking through the Kings Island site through the season passes, I was wondering if anyone knew if I could only buy the passes at the park or online? I always bought mine at Meijer but I am guessing I can't do that anymore. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I was at Meijers they were selling the Kings Island ONLY pass, but not the Maxx or Maxx Plus passes.

Mind you I haven't been in Meijers for awhile....

I'd agree though, the best prices are usually online, there was NO service charge last fall when I bought mine, and its an eTicket that you print out right at home. In addition after you purhcase online it takes you to a screen where you can fill out the pass registration paperwork in advance so you don't have to do that at the park either.

About that awful line like last year, has anything been said about what the procedure is going to be for exchanging these "Temporary Cedar Point Maxx Pass" paper cards for the real deal. I'm fearing that those of us who may have stood in awful line #1 last year to get our photos taken, may have to stand in awful line#2 this spring to get the card exchanged.

I hope they have a person standing there with a pass printer, and when they scan your temporary card it prints your real card, and thats the end of it.

In fact I hope they have several such people working the gate.

I work in the admission department and processed season passes last year. I have not heard what the hours and days will be this year yet but last year, we opened the SP processing center on the weekends and during the week. As stated in the previous posts, buy your season passes online and fill out the online form and just bring it to the park to be processed. No waiting in line to fill out the cards. It only takes a few minutes to take the pictures and scan the forms. As for the temp paper passes that were issued last year, the process is very simple: All we need to do is scan the paper pass, scan the perm pass and the process is complete. All the details and picture are transfered to the new pass and it only takes a minute or so. There has been questions as to why the picture is not printed on the pass. The reason is it saves time by not having to wait for the pass to be printed and it decreases the load on the server. When you come to the park, the pass is scaned and your picture pops up on our computer screen and we verifiy that the picture matches the pass holder. We had a few instances where the pass had been stolen and we retained the pass or the pass holder had taken the pass of a family member by mistake. In that case, a supervisor will look up the pass holder's details and admit them on this one instance. I hope this answers some of the questions.

Mike

The REAL line is going to be a the parking booth, where they will be slapping decals on the OUTSIDE of windshields of cars of passholders who have season pass parking. It is my understanding this is NOT optional, even though at least one state in the park's marketing area FORBIDS windshield decals unless required by law.

The REAL line is going to be a the parking booth, where they will be slapping decals on the OUTSIDE of windshields of cars of passholders who have season pass parking. It is my understanding this is NOT optional, even though at least one state in the park's marketing area FORBIDS windshield decals unless required by law.

What if you have two cars? do you get two stickers?

What if you have two cars? do you get two stickers?

One sticker per pass....if you got passes with free parking.

In future years, I bet you get as many stickers as you pay for. (Right now, at Cedar Point they are $70...they started at $50 earlier...you can get an all Ohio sticker for $75).

Just wondering what state would that be?

I hope Cedar Fair gives up on this insane policy of window stickers. I just don't see how it could work out.

This is one issue that does seem crazy. Sounds like something they would have done 50 years ago. Can you see some couple that have bought season passes for them and their family, all rolling into the parking lot in a new $70,000 SUV (one of several of their cars) and some parking attendent telling them they have to stick this sticker on their windshield...and this is the ONLY car you can bring to the park if you want free parking??

So California is not going to do the sticker passes?

And I suppose folk in KY will not be getting parking passes to KI.

I started doing some google searches and I ran across the actual section for California. Theres a loop hole for stickers like this...

"(B) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(3) Signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a 7-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield farthest removed from the driver, signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a 7-inch square in the lower corner of the rear window farthest removed from the driver, or signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a 5-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest the driver."

So all they have to do is put them in the lower corners of the windshield and its legal in California.

My guess is there are similar laws in Kentucky and just about every state. I am sure they have had legal look at this and sign off on the change. But I hope they realize just how many ****ed off season pass holders they are going to have soon.

Just to compare I got a 2 year pass to Universal Studios in Orlando for $180 and it includes parking standard. So all you have to do is flash the pass and the parking people know its free. Even without the special I used it would have been $180 for a year and its still worth it. Plus they only charge $99.99 to renew the pass.

At the end of last season, I have not heard any news regarding placing decals on the windshields for parking. We still attached the parking pass in the seasson pass when they were processed. When I go out to the park on Monday, I can always ask Jerry or Jason if this is the case.

Mike

Where would they put one on my motorcycle?

LOL; I would love to see one of those parking attendants trying to reason with biker that has a custom bike why he is attempting to put a decal on his bike or see Dick Kinzal trying to do that with a straight face. ROFLMAO just thinking about that scenario.

This is one issue that does seem crazy. some parking attendent telling them they have to stick this sticker on their windshield...and this is the ONLY car you can bring to the park if you want free parking??

PKIfan73 just to make it clear nobody is technically receiving free parking. Guest are either paying for a season long parking privilege or as a incentive perk KI will entice their guest with season long parking privileges as part of their renewal Fall Season Pass purchase. I do know what you meant but just wanted to make sure other members realize that the technically KI does not offer free parking to guests. If a new Season Pass holder bought his pass in the Fall he gets to use his pass for the post season as a incentive, that then makes the new season pass holder to have a better deal. So to compensate the fall renewals, the Season Long Parking Pass is part of the purchase. I know I would rather not spend several hundred dollars for next years passes eight months early if there was no incentive to entice me to do so. So they better offer me something to use my money for eight months.

LOL, and what is this with the no photo on the pass.

When the attendants at the front gate scan your pass your photo shows up on the screen in front of them.

Hmmmm, maybe we should start the list of issues that this will present down the road.

Honestly, does someone not evaluate these decisions before they're released?