Season Passes

CrazyKay07

LOL, and what is this with the no photo on the pass.

When the attendants at the front gate scan your pass your photo shows up on the screen in front of them.

Hmmmm, maybe we should start the list of issues that this will present down the road.

Honestly, does someone not evaluate these decisions before they're released?

Whats so bad about the picture showing up on the LCD monitor instead of the pass? Just because KECO and their pal Linder didnt do it 20 years ago doesnt make it wrong.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats so bad about the picture showing up on the LCD monitor instead of the pass? Just because KECO and their pal Linder didnt do it 20 years ago doesnt make it wrong.

1) Multiple passes in a household and confusion between them as there are no names or photos on it.

2) Computer glitches when and if the photos don't show. (I know when it happens at my gym, they just let ya in - will that happen at the park?)

3) .....

Actually, my temporary Maxx Pass does not have my name printed on it. But, they made me sign the pass right after I got it, and in the presence of the season pass associate.

The reason they probably asked if that was really you is that they were checking to make sure it was actually your pass. That is why they will look at the moniter and then at you. They don`t want people trading around passes. That can result in ejection from the park without a refund. The same holds true at Coney. If we catch someone trying to use someone else`s pass as theirs to get on a ride, we as ride operators, have the right to confiscate the pass, no questions asked. They can then pick up the pass the next day at guest relations, without penalties. If their pass is confiscated three times, they will loose their pass without a refund!

You get one sticker and like it!

Or, you buy two stickers.

Now that is not the best planning.

I was an admissions supervisor last year...Why is it not a good idea to not print the picture on season passes? It drasticly decreses the time it takes for us to process passes becuase we dont have to print your pass: you get it right at the terminal.

I know the lady was probably joking, but when I used my new pass for the second time during FearFest, she looked at the monitor and me a few times and said "is that really you?"

No, she wasnt joking...we really do check and sometimes it is hard to tell.

1) Multiple passes in a household and confusion between them as there are no names or photos on it.

2) Computer glitches when and if the photos don't show. (I know when it happens at my gym, they just let ya in - will that happen at the park?)

3) .....

Thats why we have you put your name on the back (yourself)....So if you cant read our own writing....

Actually, my temporary Maxx Pass does not have my name printed on it. But, they made me sign the pass right after I got it, and in the presence of the season pass associate.

The reason they probably asked if that was really you is that they were checking to make sure it was actually your pass. That is why they will look at the moniter and then at you. They don`t want people trading around passes. That can result in ejection from the park without a refund. The same holds true at Coney. If we catch someone trying to use someone else`s pass as theirs to get on a ride, we as ride operators, have the right to confiscate the pass, no questions asked. They can then pick up the pass the next day at guest relations, without penalties. If their pass is confiscated three times, they will loose their pass without a refund!

Exactly...this post says it all

You get one sticker and like it!

Or, you buy two stickers.

Now that is not the best planning.

I was an admissions supervisor last year...Why is it not a good idea to not print the picture on season passes? It drasticly decreses the time it takes for us to process passes becuase we dont have to print your pass: you get it right at the terminal.

I know the lady was probably joking, but when I used my new pass for the second time during FearFest, she looked at the monitor and me a few times and said "is that really you?"

No, she wasnt joking...we really do check and sometimes it is hard to tell.

3) .....

Thats why we have you put your name on the back (yourself)....So if you cant read our own writing....

Exactly...this post says it all

GIB is correct on all of the above. I worked with Greg in Admissions and I always verfied the picture on the pass. There was a couple of occasions where the person had used a stolen pass and tried to gain entry. A couple of times they took the wrong family members pass. We were instructed to have the pass holder sign the pass in our presence after we took their picture. Some pass holders would try to give their pass to a friend to use and each pass can only be scaned once each day. If it is attemped to use again, it shows up as a big RED X on our screen.

Mike

Not sure if this belongs in a separate thread, but...

Kings Island is now offering "4 or More" Season Passes at $84.95 per person. That's a savings of at least $20, or $5 per pass. (Individual KI regular passes are $89.95). Not as much of a discount as in the past few years, but 4-packs are back. And, like in recent years, the four passholders do not need to live in the same household.

They are not currently offering a similar deal for Cedar Fair Maxx or Maxx Plus passes.

http://www2.paramountparks.com/kingsisland...season_pass.cfm

I have a season pass question...

I bought the Cedar Fair Max pass at Kings Island last October. I plan to go to Carowinds this year on April 14th. However, Kings Island opening day is on April 21st. Will my temporary Max Pass card get me into Carowinds on April 14th? I know I have to get my permanent card at Kings Island this Spring. But will my temp card (which does have a bar code on it) get me in Carowinds BEFORE I get the permanent card, or will I have some trouble getting in Carowinds? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

I have a season pass question...

I bought the Cedar Fair Max pass at Kings Island last October. I plan to go to Carowinds this year on April 14th. However, Kings Island opening day is on April 21st. Will my temporary Max Pass card get me into Carowinds on April 14th? I know I have to get my permanent card at Kings Island this Spring. But will my temp card (which does have a bar code on it) get me in Carowinds BEFORE I get the permanent card, or will I have some trouble getting in Carowinds? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Yes, it will get you into Carowinds, so long as it has not been used at Kings Island...The Carowinds GR office will confirm this before you go, if you wish...Just give them a call. They will be happy to help.

Yes, it will get you into Carowinds, so long as it has not been used at Kings Island...The Carowinds GR office will confirm this before you go, if you wish...Just give them a call. They will be happy to help.

You said as long as it has not been used at Kings Island. I did use it once last October when I came back one more time before the end of the season. (I purchased the Max Pass in early October and used it once in late October 2006.) Does that mean it will not work at Carowinds now?

I intend to call Carowinds GR office before I go to inquire just to be safe. Thanks everyone for your help!

You said as long as it has not been used at Kings Island. I did use it once last October when I came back one more time before the end of the season. (I purchased the Max Pass in early October and used it once in late October 2006.) Does that mean it will not work at Carowinds now?

I intend to call Carowinds GR office before I go to inquire just to be safe. Thanks everyone for your help!

No, the pass will get you in at Carowinds...it's the FIRST time you use it Kings Island this season when they are supposed to trade it for your permanent pass! Again, call Carowinds to be sure! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...