X- Flight name?

vortexdemon05

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the name X-lax.

Just kidding, but I'm not really impressed with a used ride. They have to do something special to get me to wait for 3 or 4 hours.

What about an indoor flying coaster, kind of a followup to Flight of Fear, flying over the surface of Mars.

Just a thought.

Since it's in Area 51.... how about Sci-Fly? I don't know if it's taken, I didn't read this whole thread! -hauntguy

Sci-Fly xD I think thats in more of a to-generic-to-be-it category. I still say that CF is going to find some loophole and give it a western name to go with their 2007 theme...

Why not Stealth? seems perfect for the "Untheamed Area" and was X-flight suppose to be called that when it was origonally slotted for Kings Island

X flight was never "slotted" for Kings Island. Vekoma developed the plans for the layout and a 2nd version of their flying dutchman. Paramount Parks had the option to exclusively purchase the rights to the 2nd layout, they expressed interest in purchasing another model for another park but did not purchase the exclusive rights to the layout. Vekoma began production of two more dutchmen, paramount parks, who was not binded to any obligation with Vekoma, backed out of purchasing another duthman. Six Flags would go on to buy two and have batwing and x flight, instead of just batwing like they originally planned.

Just to clear up some popular rumors:

-X flight was never slated for construction at Kings Island

-Paramount parks did have interest in purchasing another duthman, yet never disclosed what park it would be for or set any concrete plans.

-Kings Island never had any x flight parts on site prior to 2007 and never "sold" it or the design plans to Six Flags.

Stealth, the originial protoype was supposed to be built at and marketed for PKI but park manager Tim Fischer rejected this idea to go ahead with a new wooden coaster project (which would later materialize as Son of Beast in 2000) for the new millenium. Paramount Parks then decided to build the first dutchman at Great America. When they decided to relocate it so that PGA could build its water park they planned to move it to PKI, but it was rejected once again by Tim Fischer due to escelation of the Son of Beast problems and budget costs, it went to its new and current home carowinds. It was removed from PGA so PGA could have more space, not becuase they couldn't maintain it.

X flight has not been confirmed or announced by the park.....for all you know it could be a staging area....if the track is there....no photos yet.

Why would it be a staging area???? If it was a staging area they would of just left it up at Geauga bc they have a lot of parking lots to keep the ride. Also if they were staging the ride at ki they wouldnt keep it in the parking lot they would unload it in the junkyard areas.

We are getting X flight. ^ He just thinks he know everything lol....

I read on the Thrill Network website that X-Flight is going to be painted in a red and yellow scheme and renamed "Firehawk." Anyone know if there's some truth to that rumor?

See Im not a TROLL! We know what we are talking about....

X flight has not been confirmed or announced by the park.....for all you know it could be a staging area....if the track is there....no photos yet.

Why would it be a staging area???? If it was a staging area they would of just left it up at Geauga bc they have a lot of parking lots to keep the ride. Also if they were staging the ride at ki they wouldnt keep it in the parking lot they would unload it in the junkyard areas.

I read on the Thrill Network website that X-Flight is going to be painted in a red and yellow scheme and renamed "Firehawk." Anyone know if there's some truth to that rumor?

Way to comment on an old post. The first thing you qouted was before pictures were posted. You need something to do with your spare time.

no obviosly not seeing as you think the ride will be called Firehawk. which it wont! I have no inside information but I am almost positive it wont be called a name like that. and just my opinion but I think that the current name X light would fit well to it, so I dont think they should change the name, just paint it may be lik a deep purple and black.

Glad to see the resident TROLL is back...

Firehawk is a horrible name, unless they change FoF to ThunderHawk, then I think the aviary section of the park would be set. ;)

^ Well, from what i've seen the only place Thrillnetwork.com mentions Firehawk is in the rumors forum. Also, sites like thrillnetwork..com, screamscape, and coasterbuzz.com are not the most reliable sources around.

Edit: One last thing, if you search for "Firehawk" on thrillnetwork it only gives three results and 2 of them are about cars, only one is about a roller coaster. I would hardly call that "all over Thrillnetwork.com".

^ Well, from what i've seen the only place Thrillnetwork.com mentions Firehawk is in the rumors forum. Also, sites like thrillnetwork..com, screamscape, and coasterbuzz.com are not the most reliable sources around.

And you think PKIC is??? No website is always relaible.

Yeah, man, I TOTALLY get where you're coming from. I mean, dude, the Dayton Daily News is a more reliable source than PKICentral, brah.

[/sarcasm] :)

And you think PKIC is??? No website is always relaible.

I never said PKIC was a reliable source. The only possible coaster names floating around here are the guesses by the posters.