Coaster Track Spotted at Kings Island!

Neon green track, believed to be that of the former Geauga Lake coaster X Flight, began arriving to a staging area in the parks parking lot. PKIC's eye in the sky took to the ground to grab some photos of the track arriving on site. The park has not confirmed whether this is track for X flight or whether the track in the lot will be going to the park or if it could be a staging area before going to another location. Regardless, an announcement is expected from the park within the coming weeks. Till then enjoy this exclusive update brought to you first by PKICentral.com!

Click here to see the pictures.

-Special thanks to Gabriel (Captain Nemo) for going out today and taking the photos and to the park for granting us permission to take the photos!

Regards,

-Ronny Salerno (CombatStupendous89) and Gabriel Zelazny (Captain Nemo)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Nemo, did you happen to see a small red SUV drive through the drop off lot behind you? That was me, I just didn't have a camera to take pictures with.

Yup, I saw you. I knew you HAD to be from PKIC, or EPKI. I knew because as you drove away you were still lookin at the lot. You... you PKI addict you!!

That is great! I am really wanting to know more about SOB than X flight.

Great! Every ride needs huge fans! I've been a fan of the Vekoma Flyers since I rode my first one...at some park then called Six Flags Worlds of Adventure...I watched Borg being built, both in California and in the Carolinas...and loves me some Batwing. I guess I'm just a Flying Dutchman Fanboy! :)

Great! Every ride needs huge fans! I've been a fan of the Vekoma Flyers since I rode my first one...at some park then called Six Flags Worlds of Adventure...I watched Borg being built, both in California and in the Carolinas...and loves me some Batwing. I guess I'm just a Flying Dutchman Fanboy! :)

Don't get me wrong I love X Flight and have rode it many times, I just really want to know more about SOB and what they are going to do with it. If theyare just going to add on to it or just put in a patch and what trains they are going to use. I know there will be three trains now, which makes me very happy.

You know its bad when you are a fanboy of a specifc manufactures coaster type... Seriously one fun ride though. I will agree it is better than the B&M Flyers out there as well.

So Nemo, did you happen to see a small red SUV drive through the drop off lot behind you? That was me, I just didn't have a camera to take pictures with.

Yup, I saw you. I knew you HAD to be from PKIC, or EPKI. I knew because as you drove away you were still lookin at the lot. You... you PKI addict you!!

Ok...I'll admit...I am a bit of an addict, but all addicts go through withdrawls. And just cuz i work at the park and am going to college to design roller coasters doesn't make me an uber addict.......Ok... :rolleyes: ...so maybe it does. I just had to see for myself.

I'll also say that the as I drove toward GWL I had my Laptop out searching for a wireless signal, just incase there was track in the parking lot. When I finally saw the track I raced (at a safe, legal limit) toward GWL to post what I had seen. Does that make me and addict.

A friend of mine called me from Michigan today (he lives in Detroit) and said he believes theyre just storing it down here till the land at Michigans Advneture is read!? Ha! Why would they move it further down south to store it? Man, I think anyone who believes that theory is pretty stupid or that theyve fallen and cant get up.

When were these pics taken? Today it looks like.

Also, how is this thing gonna be open by opening day? Or is it? ;)

Anybody else find it ironic that KI was supposed to receive this to begin with (we think), but paramount dumped it after dissatisfaction with stealth, and sold it to SF? What goes around comes around