More Materials Arriving at Kings Island!

After a short stop by our very quiet and closed Kings Island, I have shot some high resolution shots of the mystery materials being staged in the parking lot. In addition to the neon green track, several grey supports can be seen being staged with the track.

You will also notice that workers were using a fork lift to move pieces of the track from the truck to the staging area while empty trucks left and full trucks arrived.

Click here to see photos!

Regards,

Ryan

PKICentral.com - Two updates in two days for you because one won't do.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else find it ironic thta they are dropping the track in the Drop Zone sectiond of the parking lot?

But anyways nice pictures, I keep getting more and more excited.

Edit-Actually after looking at a few more picture it looks more like they are in the Adventure Express section. Oh well, close enough.

Well with supports on site I would imagine vertical construction will start in February. Also I would say all track and supports will be on site before the end of January. Been a long time since theres been an arial picture of the construction site, so I would imagine a lot of things have changed since then. Especially with the mild ohio weather. They will basically have 3 months of construction time to get the ride up and running before the park opens. If weather holds off this thing might be open in April.

Wow, track is really flying in fast.

As for the construction, you can't just start erecting support columns whenever you please-there's a method to the madness. Although the order of structure erection is fairly flexible, you don't want to start putting up columns and find yourself trapped in the track's circuit.

I was driving home from work today and I passed a Semi with X flight track on it. It was very cool. It is going through Columbus now on I-71 and should be down your way in an hour or 2.

If it's down my way by then:

(a) somebody driving that truck got REALLY lost, and

(B) drove really, really fast! :)

--Terpy, who knew what you meant, but just had to, and will be here all week

This just gos to show even when you are trying to keep something a secret you cant keep it from our keen senses at PKIC. I cant wait to ride X-Flight even though i am sure that the lines will be long for it. The first time i go up there this year i am expecting about an hour to two hour wait. I might skip out until next season. Nice pics Boddah.

Driving in to work this morning I heard an interview on 700 WLW with Maureen regarding the neon green coaster track arriving on site. She would not confirm it was X-Flight or that it was coming from up North, but did say that the new coaster was the major part of this years additions to the park. Her main comment was that we will have to wait till next week to see what is happening at Kings Island in 2007.

Also the reporter in the studio was refered to Geauga Lake as Geeega Lake. Nothing like a little humor to start your morning off.

Oh, Quit hyperspeculating! It's X-Flight! X-Flight! X-Flight!

Geesh!

It's like people at Carowinds in 2005, seeing parts of a blue and white flat ride showing up in their parking lot, with eagle-looking scooter cars, saying, "It MIGHT be the flyers from PKI, but they COULD just be storing them in our parking lot..." Man, I hope I get you guys on my jury if I ever get in trouble for anything :D - Just kidding. Great pics!