Paramount additions

Shman

Correct me if I'm wrong PKIVortex, but wasnt King Cobra removed quite some time, maybe even a season, before Delirium was put in? I believe it was more maintenance reasons that KC came down rather than to make room for Delirium.

Yes King Cobra was removed a season before Delirium. I was just saying that I still miss King Cobra.

I would have to believe that the removal of KK was not for Delirium to be placed there, but because of numerous issues that the coaster had. Low ridership + high maintenance + high maintenance costs + nice piece of land= removal of ride.

Cedar Point made the same decision with the removal of White Water Landing in 2005 for the opening of Maverick in 2007.

I would rather see Delirium where it is at than a rusted SBNO KK.

Yeah but if KECO had put in FOF and called it Wild Animal Habitat carts supervisor the ride....then woofer would like it.

Nope, it's just not my favorite ride is all.

I'm excited about X Flight coming to the park. I think it's going to be a great addition.

I just don't think that Paramounts selections have been very exciting. (Other Than Drop Zone)

Delirium is good.

So Paramount gave us two good rides and a money pit called SOB.

A lot of people seem to think FOF is also a good ride, and some also think the same about Top Gun and more. Maybe in your opinion they only gave us "two good rides and a money pit called SOB", but to others they have given us much more. Including the World's Best Kid's Area, 7 years running, a revamped waterpark and much more. Not to mention there are a few of us who enjoy that "money pit called SOB".

I love Flight of Fear, but I wish it was pitch dark so you couldn't see the tracks, that would rock.

I don't like delerium, or maxair at Cedar Point I much prefer chaos, that ride is crazy.

Would rather we kept king cobra instead. Always a bad idea to take a coaster down and replace it with something that isn't a coaster.

I heard a rumor sometime ago before Cedar Fair bought Kings Island that paramount was going to remove Flight of Fear and take it to a different park, was that true, if so they sold it in the nick of time

I think Paramount did a great job with adding theming to a dull looking park. The best ride installation was Son of Beast and still the best ride at the park IMO. IJST was also a good addition to the park I love the theming for it. I also like Fear Fest and perks for season pass holders.

I think Paramount did a great job with adding theming to a dull looking park. The best ride installation was Son of Beast and still the best ride at the park IMO. IJST was also a good addition to the park I love the theming for it. I also like Fear Fest and perks for season pass holders.

A dull looking park? Have you read any of the posts of anyone that remembers the park pre-Paramount? There is a new poster on the board that goes by Hawaiianfish. The park was anything but dull prior to Paramount.

I've never thought KI was a "dull looking park." In fact, I think one of the things I dislike about Paramount is how they seemed to make every area almost the same...even Rivertown didn't seem too unique after awhile. I remember when International Street was so much more than just a nice-looking midway and the shops were all special and unique. Coney Mall used to really feel like an old carnival and even Oktoberfest had some good theming. KI has never looked dull and I always loved its atmosphere more than parks like CP, where everything feels smashed together and fighting for room.

I see you let her Son of Beast comment slide. Best installation and best ride in the park?

I am sure Cedar Fair, RCCA, CBS and Paramount Parks can think of many words to describe Son of Beast. I doubt that "best ride in the park" is among them.

It was early in the morning that I read that. I was busy wiping the coffee off the monitor after I spit it all over with those statements.

I've never thought KI was a "dull looking park." In fact, I think one of the things I dislike about Paramount is how they seemed to make every area almost the same...even Rivertown didn't seem too unique after awhile. I remember when International Street was so much more than just a nice-looking midway and the shops were all special and unique. Coney Mall used to really feel like an old carnival and even Oktoberfest had some good theming. KI has never looked dull and I always loved its atmosphere more than parks like CP, where everything feels smashed together and fighting for room.

One of the First Moves Paramount made was eliminating uniforms that differentiated parts of the park. They took the standard Coney Mall uniform and branded it as the "Paramount Parks" uniform and everyone wore them.

Talk about dull, bland and boring.

I do have to say as much as I disliked Paramount running the park they did do a lot for the park in the time that they owned them. They added some great rides but then some that aren't really the best such as IJ:ST. I think Flight of Fear, Face/Off and Drop Zone are all wonderful rides and yes Son of Beast may be a money pit but it wasn't planned to be.

I would say the area additions with necessary upgrades. Adventure village to the Action Zone, Water Works to Boomerang Bay, and though painful, the necessary upgrade from Hanna Barberra to Nickeloden.

As for individuals, I have never been disapointed with a ride addition by paramount. (ride removals is another story) At least with paramount, there was an upgrade and addition every year, heck, 1992 could have rolled around and six flags could have put in a higher bid, think where we'd be then.

As for SOB, I think the park had great intentions, they just got overzealous and bit off more than they could chew. I do think that Cedar Fair does have and will have better ideas for the future of this ride as a major featured attraction.

I think some ride removals would have happened irregardless who owned the park. I know 2 ride removals that should have never happened though, and that was Tiques and Eagles. But for rides such as Flight Commander that lost ridership, and Skylab and King Cobra which was just becoming a maintenance nightmare I can see why they took them out. KCKC was getting old, and besides you didn't get all that wet on that ride anyway.

I think some ride removals would have happened irregardless who owned the park. I know 2 ride removals that should have never happened though, and that was Tiques and Eagles. But for rides such as Flight Commander that lost ridership, and Skylab and King Cobra which was just becoming a maintenance nightmare I can see why they took them out. KCKC was getting old, and besides you didn't get all that wet on that ride anyway.

You didn't get that wet on the log flume untill they put that elephant in.