Carowinds 2007 Brochure

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scarowinds has always been a major production number...as it should be. It is an upcharge attraction, conducted after the park closes for the day.

Oh well nevertheless, it says its going to be improved. It would nice to see FearFest here at KI become an upcharge so that they could make it an even bigger, better, and more detailed haunted attraction, without the outrageous crowds.

I don't doubt that it gets crowded, but do the lines get outrageous like they can up here for FearFest (I'm talking 2+ hours).

I just think if FearFest was an upcharge not as many people would bring their little kids making it a little less crowded. I could hardly believe some of the kids I saw at the night portion of FearFest this year.

I don't think 90 minutes is that bad, especially for a Saturday night. And also I'm pretty sure that Carowinds has a haunted trail type thing like Physco Path, not sure what it's called, but I was wondering, do they did the continuous line thing that I can't stand like they do at Kings Island or not?

'Sorry, not trying to turn this into a FearFest/Scarowinds topic.

okay so 2 things here.. everyone knows that saturdays are THE BUSIEST so why try and go to fearfest then? it makes sense to go on a friday night, saturday is always the worst... so go fri. i know for a fact, working in one of the houses, the lines are like 30 mins or less on fridays.

But why would KI want Fearfest to NOT be as crowded? More people, more paying customers! In my view, Fearfest should be an upcharge... but a reasonable one. Only like $10-$13 per person. This way it's reasonable enough for EVERYONE to go and KI would earn ALOT of money that they could put back into the event. Each Fearfest attendee would be given a flouresent (sp?) wrist band with the KI/FF logo on it.

Also, this would allow KI to enforce the Fearfest age restrictions. KI would not have to give kids under 13 a wristband unless demanded by the guest; of course the guest would be reminded about the warnings!

Just my .001 cents. -Hauntguy

See there are both good and bad with going with a separate gate for FearFest. The good would be that it would keep those who are too young out of the event. I`ve seen numerous parents who had their young children still at the park around 10 on Saturdays. The kids were crying and the mother was screaming for the scaracters to not scare them. That just ruins the experience for all of those that want to be scared.

The bad side would be circulation. It was a nightmare when they cleared the park before letting in the FearFest crowds. The last couple of years, they didn`t clear out the park, but simply gave guests a wristband to gain access to the houses.

In general, I think that the park was wiser to include FearFest with admission to the park. They get the guests who are only interested in the FearFest portion at the park earlier on Saturdays, where they can then spend more money on food, games, and merchandise while at the park. I just don`t see them changing FearFest to an upcharge attraction agai. Especially after pass holders have been used to getting free admission to it with their season pass for the last four years.

I'm really happy to see that the Nick parade is returning to Carowinds, and I hope that's true of the other parks (well, KI anyway...) as well. Although, from the brochure it doesn't appear that Carowinds is getting any new "hardware" for the 2007 season, so I wonder if the parade is going there to make up for lack of a new ride/major attraction. (How many traveling parade units were there? A total of two?)

From a CF unit holder's perspective, I hope they continue to realize the value of the Nick branding and not only continue it in the former Paramount properties, but also expand it to other CF parks. Personally, I couldn't care less about the other movie-theme tie-ins (Tog Gun, Tomb Raider, Italian Job, etc., etc.) as I really question their value. (I seriously doubt that naming a coaster after a 21-year old Tom Cruise movie really draws crowds anymore than a "generic" name would.) However, that's not the case with Nick--there's a real bottom-line value to that franchise.

I still think CF would be smart to bring the Nick characters into KBF. That could be a great draw in the competetive So. CA market...

I seem to recall that the parade debuted at Canada`s Wonderland last year for the first time, and ran concurrent with the Nick Parade at another Paramount Park. I could be wrong though. It would be wise if they did expand the parade to more than just a travelling production, as it seems to be very very popular, especially among kids and families.

That is a bummer if the parade isn`t coming back to KI, at least for a couple weeks, if that is indeed true. That being said, it sounds like Cedar Fair is ramping up the entertainment at the park. With the new ice show, presumably in the Paramount Theater, as well as other rumored shows it sounds like entertainment will be a more integral part of guests experience at Kings Island this season. Hopefully, the International Showplace will also receive action this year, unlike last year.

Lets see Carowinds without the P, very nice. Here are the rest of the confirmed going ons at Carowinds this year.

New attractions at Carowinds this season will include the return of the Frenzoid as the Southern Star, relocated to a new home in the Country Fair area of the park near Top Gun. The park will also feature the new Carowinds Endless Summer on Ice show at the Carowinds Theater, their first Ice show in more than 10 years. The park will also feature the return of the Nickelodeon Celebration Parade daily (except Tuesdays) from June 11th to August 19th.

The press release is detailed over at Screamscape and also goes in to discussion about the price reductions at the park this year.

Hmm looks like Kings Island might be getting the same Ice Show. I think 07 is going to be a great year.

Hmmm...the rack brochure doesn't say the Carowinds ice show doesn't run on Tuesdays. I am glad I don't work in Guest Relations in that park. That would not be pretty, telling people from, say, Alabama that the ice show doesn't show on Tuesdays when they had picked up a brochure from their motel and came on what they thought would be a less busy Tuesday when they could have been there on Monday, but went to visit Aunt Bea instead. Nope, not pretty at all.

I noticed that the press release says that the "Carowinds Endless Summer on Ice" will take place in the Carowinds Theater. I have to ask, is this the new name of Carowinds` Paramount Theater?

Another question is "What is the former name of Carowinds' Paramount Theatre, prior to the Paramount takeover?" Answer: Harmony Hall. Source (click on "map index" link)

As a side note, KD's theatre was known as Mason-Dixon Music Hall prior to 1993.

Well, that it kind of a bummer that only Carowinds gets the parade, but still, KI is getting some new shows. Hopefully, Cedar Fair will decide in future years to move the parade either to the other parks, or to install new parades at each park permanently.

It is sort of ironic that the first ice skating show at Kings Island debuted in 1987 in the Festhaus, 20 years ago, and this year we are getting an ice skating show for the first time in more than ten years.

Next they're going to bring back the laser light show, lol.

I still say they need to. But not in the form of the one they had in Paramount Theater. But rather as part of a major night show to take place on International Street every night. A show that would included:

1) Laser images projected onto the tower (via a screen around the 50 foot level that would dissapear during the day)

2) Major Fireworks (including close proximity fireworks similar to the ones on the first night of NOF this past year off the rooftops on I-Street, and on the tower)

3) The fountains being used as a "dancing water" show, similar to the Bellagio Fountain Show, or the fountain at Epcot.

4) A special soundtrack written specifically for the show.

5) Specialty lighting down I-Street.

Next they're going to bring back the laser light show, lol.

I still say they need to. But not in the form of the one they had in Paramount Theater. But rather as part of a major night show to take place on International Street every night. A show that would included:

1) Laser images projected onto the tower (via a screen around the 50 foot level that would dissapear during the day)

2) Major Fireworks (including close proximity fireworks similar to the ones on the first night of NOF this past year off the rooftops on I-Street, and on the tower)

3) The fountains being used as a "dancing water" show, similar to the Bellagio Fountain Show, or the fountain at Epcot.

4) A special soundtrack written specifically for the show.

5) Specialty lighting down I-Street.

I love that idea and have thought for a long time that Kings Island needed more than just nightime fireworks.

I would honestly love to see something along to lines of Universals CineSphere Spectacular. That is an absolutley amazing show, with the lasers, fireworks, CineSpheres, and the movie projections on the buildings. Truly a unique show that engulfs the visitor from all directions. Thats what I would like to see KI do with its nightime show, that is something that engulfs the visitor from all directions.

That would be a great way to rejuvenate the International Street Area. Let’s be realistic though, Kings Island bean counters would never let this happen, because the potential for the guest to arrive early to catch a state of the art show at International street would spend too much money in the shops. Then they would have no excuse to start closing the park early. ;)