Carowinds 2007 Brochure

Next they're going to bring back the laser light show, lol.

I still say they need to. But not in the form of the one they had in Paramount Theater. But rather as part of a major night show to take place on International Street every night. A show that would included:

1) Laser images projected onto the tower (via a screen around the 50 foot level that would dissapear during the day)

2) Major Fireworks (including close proximity fireworks similar to the ones on the first night of NOF this past year off the rooftops on I-Street, and on the tower)

3) The fountains being used as a "dancing water" show, similar to the Bellagio Fountain Show, or the fountain at Epcot.

4) A special soundtrack written specifically for the show.

5) Specialty lighting down I-Street.

Yeah, the best Fireworks show I'd seen was the one held during the 10th Anniversary.

Fireworks all over the fountain, tower and sky.

Top it off that it was a 10 or 15 minute show each night.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Group Sales information for Cedar Point and Geauga Lake is also available:

http://groups.cedarpoint.com/_upload/2007%...ing%20guide.pdf

Maps for both parks are also included in this brochure. Obviously, the CP map has Maverick in it.

But take a look at Geauga Lake's. Not only is X-Flight deleted, (because much of it is in Mason, OH now), but so its Steel Venom! Looks like they also left the old monorail station standing, too.

The general CP brochure is also available. Cedar Point's logo has been straightened to look a little like Kings Island's, which also looks, like Carowinds...

http://groups.cedarpoint.com/_upload/2007%...%20brochure.pdf

But take a look at Geauga Lake's. Not only is X-Flight deleted, (because much of it is in Mason, OH now), but so its Steel Venom! Looks like they also left the old monorail station standing, too.

If you go back a few pages there is a picture that was taken from the floating walkway back towards the ride area. You should be able to see Steel Venom in that picture but its been airbrushed out. I think its either being removed or going to be SBNO next season.

I have a feeling that the 50's area is on its way out of Geauga Lake. I heard Steel Venom is being moved to Dorney Park for 2008. However I guess they could work fast enough and it could opne this season at Dorney Park. I think Head Spin will go to Michigans Adventure next year and maybe there Sky Tower. Or both of those rides will be sold to toher parks like the Chaos rides.

-Jake

You know $10 million did seem like a lot of money to move just a single coaster and any other park changes happening this winter makes you wonder if you can move 2 coasters for $10 million....

Note: I don't believe this myself even but it would be interesting. I really have no clue whats going to happen to Steel Venom but from what I have read the damage was major and at the least the LIM's need to be replaced maybe even the train as well. I really think it would cost more then $10 million to move both coasters and do upgrades and repairs on both. It does not take up much room so a lot of parks could take the ride.