Cedar Point Hotels

Well, I dont' know what it cost, but I stayed in the Castaway beach hotel during its converstion into Castaway Beach. It was nice, had a decent view of a little harbor, but not of the point. I'm guessing though, that since my Grandma paid for it, it was costly.

Guest faceoff

If your looking for a nice clean hotel which includes a nice outdoor pool and spa and early entrance to

the park, i suggest breakers express located on Cedar Point drive. The hotel is five minutes from the park.

You can currently make reservations by going to Cedar Point's website. A non-Cedar Point hotel i also

highly suggest is the hampton inn. They are very nice,clean,breakfast is included with room rate. Nice

pool and excercise room. You cannot go wrong with either one. I am going opening weekend. My reservations are already made. :)

I stayed at the HoJo at the end of the causeway. It's cheap, close to the park, and serves as a bed...that's about it. Nothing special. Wasn't nasty dirty, but wasn't a Hilton either. The railroad is close by, if not right behind it, as was already mentioned...but after a long day at the park, you'll be zonked out in no time. :)

I am old. I prefer not to stay with either the teens who party all night or the typical theme park crowd which is noisy with wittle kids....so, I usually stay about 25 miles from the park. If I said where here, I figure I'd soon have to stay further away still. Quiet, comfortable and affordable, and only a 30-40 minute drive to the park.

But, if you want early entry and don't belong to the Joe Cool club, nothing beats staying on property. I prefer Breakers to Breakers Express though...

Check out www.google.com

Wow! Why didn't I think of that. Oh wait! I did. I was asking for recommendations. So people could tell me where they stayed and whether it was worth it or not. If it was clean, did it have a pool, was there a train that went through at 3am.

On that note when I stayed at the Knights Inn last year the train ran around 4am.

Well, I also didn't put into consideration that this hotel is up north. Living in the southern northern states, and the northern southern states means that AC is valued here. On mission trips our church does over the summer we tend to go north to schools that don't have AC, which isn't too fun.

Oh, it gets humid up there....I've spent one too many nights in the Conneaut Lake Hotel, which is not air conditioned (and also does not have showers or phones, and has only one low powered AC outlet per room). 105 degrees with 30 percent humidity at 3 am is not fun.

Or as I like to call it...band camp. This year, our room was the least insulated, and it was in the upstairs part of the cabin. That wasn't fun.

I also highly recommend the Breakers Express. On some nights it's been as low as $60 to $70 - comparable or even less than other decent hotels in Sandusky. While you don't get free breakfast, it has a great perk that the chain hotels can't offer - early entry and early rides at Cedar Point! I also like how the TV has a lot of channels (the ones I watch), and that there are elevators, too. There's also free WiFi in the lobby.

I stayed in Hotel Breakers in October 2005. The room was very small, and in an older section. The AC/heater was a window unit, but I was unsure if the AC worked because of the cooler temperatures. Of course, there was no elevator to this portion of the hotel. The room key was a traditional key, and not a modern key card found in most parts of the hotel. It did, though, have a view of the park (Wicked Twister, Space Spiral, Giant Wheel, and Corkscrew).

Another hotel recommendation is the Microtel in Huron, near Rt. 2. It's a good ways away, involving a 10-15 minute drive to the park, but there's free breakfast, 24-hour indoor pool and fitness equipment, free in-room wireless internet, and the room rates can be some of the cheapest around.

I'd stay at the hotel breakers, depending on when you go you can get a room as cheap as $100, probably not on saturday though.

If you're looking for cheap the best budget inn right by castaway bay right by the causeway you can often get a room for around $55 a night.

• 2 weeks later...

I would definatly stay at Breakers Express! Its the best deal and you are still close to the park! There are other hotels in Sandusky that are good as well. If you have any questions, please feel free to pm me, I worked at CP for 4 summers and I know which are the good hotels up there!