SOB redux

Steveo3631

Call me weird, but I have silently wondered how much work KI will need to do to simply fill in the gap left by the removal of SOB's loop. As the two tracks do not meet at the bottom of the dip, either the run into or out of the dip will have to be substantially reengineered. My guess is the turn out of the brake run will have to be pushed out a little in order to have the center line of the track follow though smootly. Then again, maybe it will be the most extreme twist track stunt ever created, giving Crystal Beach Cyclone a run for it's money. I breathlessly await my next SOB ride to see the new trains feel!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Okay I myself regardless of how rough it may be am an avid fan of Son of Beast. I've seen on here where the park had contacted Gerstauler about making the trains for SOB. I know judging by most Gerstauler trains this could likely be a bad idea. But I was looking at the Gerstauler website and found these.

PB5_HolzF401g.jpg

So if Gerstlauer ends up being the new train manufacturer I hope it's those instead of other G trains I've seen. Yeah I'm really hoping it's not the ones from MB Pavillion

I just love the German word for 'roller coaster': Holzachterbahn! Rolls right off the tongue!

Anyway, I'd love to see a themed tunnel, with special LED-wall effects.

You're completely and utterly wrong!

There are two words for roller coaster, one is used by most engineering firms and the other is the typical word used in the German language!

The typical word for roller coaster is "Die Berg-Und-Tal-Bahn" which means "hill and valley train"

The technical word for coaster used by the engineers and higher educated is "Die Achterbahn"

The word for Wooden coaster is "Die Holzachterbahn" for plural add -en to the word

The word for Steal coaster is "Die Stahlenbahn" for plural add -en to the word

Pretty fluent in German ;)

Es ist OK, Ich bin hier fur dich! Wann du anfangen hast, frag mir bitte!

Wort, zu diene mutter mit miene katz ;) yea i just said word to your mother with my cat LOL .. also took 4 years of german ...

I agree if they were to put a tunnel in that would be sweet, and even if they took the part of the sob where the loop was and instead of a gradual drop from the brakes make it a straight down drop and go underground and come back up and attach with the rest of the track .. that in my personal opinion would be one kick *** add on ;)

I just love the German word for 'roller coaster': Holzachterbahn! Rolls right off the tongue!

There are two words for roller coaster, one is used by most engineering firms and the other is the typical word used in the German language!

The typical word for roller coaster is "Die Berg-Und-Tal-Bahn" which means "hill and valley train"

The technical word for coaster used by the engineers and higher educated is "Die Achterbahn"

The word for Wooden coaster is "Die Holzachterbahn" for plural add -en to the word

Kein Problem, mein Freund. Ich habe nur drei Jahre Deutsch gelernt auf meine Hocheschule. Gern schreibe deise fur sich, dann bin ich sehr schult fur meine Familie von Osterreich. Ich war nur Spass haben. (Es tut mir leid). :D

Kein Problem, mein Freund. Ich habe nur drei Jahre Deutsch gelernt auf meine Hocheschule. Gern schreibe deise fur sich, dann bin ich sehr schult fur meine Familie von Osterreich. Ich war nur Spass haben. (Es tut mir leid). :D

Gerne! Ich verstehe! Auch, habe ich spass!

English only please. If you want to talk in any other language, email each other.

Ok, I guess thats the end of the language :(

^ I thought every one was fluent in Hungarian, I appoligize.

Translation: None of you know what you are talking about.

referencing the German language debates.

Yes we do, I speak German fluent and the rest of us had some years of it! haha

Well that could be pretty nifty! The only real problem I ever had with the sob is that I think it has to many helix like turns. I think it needed to have a few more straight aways on it, just my personal opinion. As I said earlier tho, im really really hoping for the drop to go underground into a tunnel and connect back to the track ;)

That would be possible but very costly. Additionally it would solve nothing. They are removing the loop so that they can slow the trains down. With that much extra track the trains would pretty much have to go at the same speed. Kind of makes me wonder though - how are they slowing it down? Magnetic brakes on the drop?

agreed with Tuskin.... too many curves, not enough straight runs.

That ALONE would have made the ride smoother.

Didn't the coaster Mr. Twister have the same problem with to many turns. I have to find my roller coaster book to found out.

Does anyone know if any work is being done on SOB right now or do you think KI will wait till Firehawk is open?

Well, the sob I would assume would have people working on it just like Firehawk, but I think most of their efforts and worries are at Firehawk right now. Yeah im sure they would love to have sob up and running to but I think they would much rather worry about the new ride rather then trying to fix and figure out what exactly they are gonna do with the sob. ;)

Back to the sob story tho, the whole problem with the sob is that they tried to make WAY to big of a helix "esk" turn right after the massive drop! You cant do that, it had WAY to much speed going into that thing!!! They should of did some straight aways first then gone into the massive helix, or figured out some other way, thats what the whole ride basically feels like to me, is helix's lol

And what if, they took the sob where you would normally come up to hit the breaks and instead of doing that turn they go straight with it for a while then connect back to the track, again making the ride longer and costing more of course but that could be an idealy better ride. A straight away in the ride, imagine that :rolleyes:

Guest TombraiderTy

How about rethemeing Son of Beast to great measures, buildig a frame around the track and supports with plaster on it resembling a mountain range. Theme the trains to mine trains and include a bunch of scenary throughout the ride. Cover the brake run right before the drop to what was the loop with a giant cave, and inside that cave would be the Son of Beast, but you only see his big yellow eyes, smell his fowl breath, and feel the wind from his claws swiping down upon you.

Where the loop would've been would just be a tight swerve, sending you almost on your side. As the trains speed up that final hill into the brake run, the Son of Beast is clearly seen, crouched upon a rock with one paw swiping down at you and his roar echoing in your ears. Also, on the hill leading into the giant helixes would be a tight zero g roll, keeping you suspended well over 100 feet above the ground and a small lake below.

Yeah, way too costly, but I think if they actually put themeing to the ride it would make it much better and much more exciting.