SOB redux

Steveo3631

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think adding a zero g roll is about as likely as Kings Island paving International Street in gold. In other words, it isn`t going to happen.

Why would the park buy G trains for testing, only to be replaced by PTC trains? Trains are NOT cheap things to buy. So if the park was buying new trains, they would likely be the ones that the park anticipates reopening the ride with. Especially if they go with the G trains, the trains have to be modified to fit the track gage for Son of Beast. It will be interesting to see when, and if, Son of Beast opens this year. I personally have my doubt about it opening this year, but stranger things have happened!

They need trains to test the redesign of the track+ these trains were cheep by comparison.

PTC will not just put trains on a track they like to create trains for the ride

PTC didnt want to make trains the first time SOB was built, now the coaster is being re-built, what makes you think that even after they were weary of the ride the first time, and after there was accident, that they want to make trains now? Sparky is trying to drive this point home to you in a sarcastic way, and RZ in a very logical way. Both of them are right, yet you dont seem to get it, so I'll drive it home to you in this blunt yet straightforward way:

A ) Wooden Rollercoaster trains are generally not mass produced, and can be VERY expensive regardless of manufacturer, and if they've been used or not.

B ) The Philadelphia Tobaggan company said Hell no the first time, because they were weary of the ride. Now what they feared (an accident) has occuoured, and even more negative press has been placed on that ride. They dont want their products associated with it.

C ) PTC makes some of the most expensive trains out there.

D ) A company that just spend 1.2 billion dollars aquiring parks doesnt not want to spend thousands of dolllars on new trains when they feel they can just get used ones and properly modify them.

E ) It was already confirmed and stated by Ms. (soon to be Mrs. (Congratulations Maureen!)) Kaiser that Gerstauler trains would be used (Not tested before they run PTC's in 08, but yes they willbe USED) on Son of Beast and MPB confirmed it had shipped two trains (Gerstauler, imagine that) to KI.

Sorry, no PTC's, not anytime soon atleast.

Guest TombraiderTy

About the zero-g roll, that is what I'd do if I owned it. The chance that they'd theme the ride to a mountain in 1 to 1,000,000, but a zero g roll would still make it the only woodie with an inversion.

Just to let everyone know that is a different "beastmaster". Dude you need to change your screen name. It's making me look really bad on here.

Back to the subject we don't know what the trains are going to be. Maureen hinted G-trains, but there is also GCII which also starts with a "g" too.

E ) It was already confirmed and stated by Ms. (soon to be Mrs. (Congratulations Maureen!)) Kaiser that Gerstauler trains would be used (Not tested before they run PTC's in 08, but yes they willbe USED) on Son of Beast and MPB confirmed it had shipped two trains (Gerstauler, imagine that) to KI.

I haven't heard about the trains being confirmed as used.

We'll, if you can't get anyone to make trains, guess used is the way to go.

Heres what my personal opinion is to the situation with the trains:

First of all they got the g trains to modify and try them out on the sob to see if they work well, and to just get the actual ride up and running. They will work if they modify them so they bought them! Second if they seem to not work as best as they thought after they are being ran on a normal basis them maybe they will buy some other trains, thus why Maureen said as of this point thats what were going with.

And I am sure they are far more concerned with reopening the ride in a safe and economical fashion, with the emphasis on safety. This is not a time for expensive, nice to have modifications that are more for fun than safety...

The trains to be tested will be the ones that end up on the ride. They don't have the time, money or any reason to do it any other way.

From what I understand, trains are usually around a million a pop, so I doubt any more than one kind will be purhcased or used.

About buying used trains, not likely either since SOB is not standard track gauge. They would have to be new.

Just to let everyone know that is a different "beastmaster". Dude you need to change your screen name. It's making me look really bad on here.

Back to the subject we don't know what the trains are going to be. Maureen hinted G-trains, but there is also GCII which also starts with a "g" too.

Sorry about all of this I was going on info from a soars that I thought was reliable. I would like to change to change my screen name but don't no how.

Guest TombraiderTy

1.) You don't have to change it just cause someone else has one like it on here. If someone made a "TombraiderTim", I wouldn't be arguing.

2.) If you are gonna change it cause of what someone else says, contact the staff and ask them to.