Coming Soon !

Skywriter

It's showtime anytime at Kings Island. With live stage productions, plenty of huggable characters, and fireworks on days the park stays open until 10pm (during full season operation June - August), the whole park's a stage.

NEW 2007 SHOW INFORMATION COMING SOON!

I nkow that the press realses for this year is coming soon. But I found this off of KI website under the show section. It points out fireworks will still be there this year.

I noticed on the site that they are holding auditions for Ice Skaters on Thursday, Feb. 22. Anyone think we might get a Snoopy themed Ice Show? I think it would be great. We love Snoopy and the Peanuts gang. Of course we would enjoy a well produced Ice Skating Show without the dog too! Reminds me of the good old days when there was an Ice show in Festhaus.

Counting down to opening day!

SP4L

Go Colts!

Okay I know this may be a little off topic. But I was checking out Screamscape and they have an article about how Steel Venom is also removed from Geauga Lake http://www.screamscape.com/html/geauga_lake.htm it shows it missing from the 2007 park map. Anyone think that Kings Island may be getting a 2 for 1 special. I think Steel Venom would be better at Carowinds as it fills a void there but come on wouldn't that be great two used rides maybe that might equal one new one. :D

Hmmm....Interesting oberservation. I thought it was kind of strange to say that there was too large of a footprint to Geauga Lake and only to remove one specific coaster. It would be in keeping with the Area 51 theme to move Steel Venom as well. If it is true that we also get Steel Venoml, I wonder if we can expect Dominator and the other Six Flags coasters too?

I doubt we would get 2 decently sized coasters in one season. It's possible, but very unlikely. It would be better in terms of advertising to add one new ride two years in a row then two new coasters in one season. And I also highly doubt that we will be getting more coasters from Geagua Lake in the near future, although that isn't completely out of the question.

I highly doubt that Kings Island would be lucky enough to recieve 2 Geauga Lake coasters in the same year. I would almost feel sorry for geauga lake. But I will admit....the Steel Venom spikes would be a nice addition to the Kings Island skyline.

GL got 4 coasters in one year. Dominator, Steel Venom, Beaver land Mine Ride, and Villain

I highly doubt that Kings Island would be lucky enough to recieve 2 Geauga Lake coasters in the same year. I would almost feel sorry for geauga lake. But I will admit....the Steel Venom spikes would be a nice addition to the Kings Island skyline.

GL got 4 coasters in one year. Dominator, Steel Venom, Beaver land Mine Ride, and Villain

and we know how THAT ended.

Cedar Fair is NOT Six Flags. For that matter, today's Six Flags is NOT THAT Six Flags...

Well anything is possible i guess. IF we were to get Steel Venom...I don't really see it being placed by Fof. I personally dont think there's much room back there with the amount of trees that were removed (for now at least). Truthfully, I have no Earthly idea were it would/could be placed. Maybe in some of the left over room were Kings Cobra used to be.

Something tells me that the ice skating show at Kings Island will not feature a dog in it. But it looks like it wiill be an exciting year as far as entertainment at the park goes. Even with the Nick Parade not coming back this year.

Yeah.....as I said on the original thread about the ice show, this will not have Snoopy in it. Although.....there may be another character in it, on that people would be very happy to see.

As for the rest of Entertainment.....I think people are going to be pleased with the improvements this year, its the beginning of an upswing.

Could it be that Steel Venom isn't on the 2007 park map cause it may be SBNO this season? Maybe they are not sure if they will get the parts to have it repaired this year. Why put a ride on the the map that you know won't be operating. I really have no idea, that's just a though.

i dont think that we will be getting SV. Because we already have a ride sorta like it called Face/Off yeah I know it doesnt launch you but the concept of to tow towers and one station looks to close to it. Anyways if we did get it I would would say an ideal place for it would be across from The Vortex. Where that stupid bungee thing is. They can line it up with the track of The Racers, and use the old queuing line for Fligh Camander.

Could it be that Steel Venom isn't on the 2007 park map cause it may be SBNO this season? Maybe they are not sure if they will get the parts to have it repaired this year. Why put a ride on the the map that you know won't be operating. I really have no idea, that's just a though.

Insert Snappy Son of Beast Comment Here .......

one has to wonder what exactly CF is doing with GL. They are removing some pretty significant pieces- with no plans on the table to replace them. I doub t that SV would be making the journey south to Mason... that would be treading water too close to Cedar Points coveted claim of being America's Roller Coast. We all know, or at least should... that as Cedar Point runs out of space to put coasters- sooner or later KI is going to hit a ceiling of sorts.

Maybe a thread should be going taking wagers of which KI coaster will be the first to be transplanted elsewhere. I'll place a shiny penny on Face Off. or maybe a dime on Top Gun.

^Top Gun is pretty well tailored to the terrain, but it is possible that they could remove Face/Off in future years but why? GL is losing rides because it has become too big for its staff to effectively maintain them KI seems to have a pretty firm grip on things if its receiving a troubled coaster that GL couldnt handle.

Speaking of relocating suspended coasters, whatever happened to Astroworlds XLR-8?

Good Q about XLR.... it's probbaly a bit too old to relocate for anything. Speaking of Six flags... what about the 5 or so collecting dust in New Orleans... are they ever going to do anything with them as it is suspiciously apparent that that park will never re-open.

I agree about KI's Top Gun, but wow... are they ever going to do asthetic maintenance to it? I could understand from two years ago when it was under review for removal with the GW construction- but apparently is not going anywhere. Maybe they're waiting on rust to give it a new theme.

It honestly makes perfect sense to remove Steel Venom and X-Flight from GL. Both require a lot of maintence and attention. Something that GL doesn't have the staff for. LIM's on SV and the Trains on XF are time consuming maintence hogs.

I would look for SV to go to a park that is either growing or has sustained growth over the past few years. Michigans Adventure has a record setting seasson, but I question if they have the maintence staff to handle SV. So I see more logical choices for SV being Kings Dominion, CaroWinds, or Worlds of Fun