KI Job Benefits

PsycoPath

Ok, I am going to the job fair on Feb 17th, and had some simple questions for those who may know! I could apply online right now but I would like to apply at the job fair, and see exactly where I would like to work in the park, if selected. Can somebody please tell me what exactly will happen at the JF? I really have no clue, and although im not nervous persay it is just really new to me, and am wondering what may happen once I'm there.

the job fairs are long and boring, first you fill out an application and turn it in, or if you applied online (which i would recommend because it won't take as long), they find your application, then you fill out some paperwork, then you get an interview, if hired you fill out more paperwork and then turn it in... sometimes it can take several hours depending on how many peopel there are.

Or you could always just post on here what job positions youre looking into. There are alot of people who work at the park who look on here, and I know for a fact employees of departments can give you a better description than anything else. Like me for example, I work in Games, I could tell you anything you'd like to know about Games.

I would like to know more information on the positions listed below....

1. Food and Beverage Warehouse-Day shift

2.Games-Warehouse Associate

3.Merchandise Warehouse-Distribution

4.Merchandise Warehouse-Inventory Control

5.Merchandise Warehouse-Reciever

6.Ride Operations- Associate

Also do any of the positions aside from pan and broom and housekeeping make more hourly than the others? This is not of major concern, just would like to know!

Any info that you guys could provide would be outstanding!

Also, to whomever answers on the topics of the warehousing positions...where exactly is the wharehouse? Is this something that must be driven to off site?

Thank you again to all for taking the time!

Well, I`m not sure about merchandise, but I know that food service warehouse is located on site back behind all the general offices at the front of the park. I know that some of the games storage is back over in the Coney Mall area, in part of the Games buildings along Coney Mall.

Also do any of the positions aside from pan and broom and housekeeping make more hourly than the others? This is not of major concern, just would like to know!

Also, to whomever answers on the topics of the warehousing positions...where exactly is the wharehouse? Is this something that must be driven to off site?

A Games Warehouse associate position I might not be able to fully elaborate on but I do know alot. They get paid a reasonable amount of money. Sundays are obviously the hardest days with inventory, since warehouse mainly runs that function. Pretty much warehouse people deliver stuff that the different Games areas order, mainly plush, and then on sundays they do inventory. Warehouse shifts normally dont run too far into the day, I would venture to guess 7am-5 or 6 on a sunday and most likely alot earlier on the other days. As always scheduling is extremely flexible, just like all games positions.

The Games Warehouse is locate behind Flight of Fear back by where the trail of terror in fearfest is.

Ok, thanks for offering that info On games-warehouse associate! That position doesnt require a drivers license cuz they dont have to drive anything. But some of the others said that a drivers license was needed because some of the things must be delivered via auto. Can anyone else elaborate on the other positions? And if in fact on some of them you must have a drivers license (which i do obviously) why?

Thanks again to everyone!

As a rides associate you basically run the ride you are put on when you finish up your paperwork. As a beginning associate you won't be able to actually drive the rides for a while, but if the supervisors like you enought they may train you as a driver. Your main duties in the morning are to open the rides. Through out the day you run the ride, check lap bars and help riders strap in. When the park closes you put the ride to "bed", shut everything down and make sure the ride is ready for the maintenence crews.

Edit: the reason you need a drivers licence to "drive" the rides. They figure if you can drive a car you can drive some of the rides.

ok, so we've knocked out Rides associate, and Games-warehouse...but what about the difference between receiver, distribution, and Inventory control in the Merchandise warehouse? Those also say you need a drivers license, do you drive like a forklift or something? My biggest misunderstanding is the diff between the above mentioned positions, they all basically sat the same thing!

Warehouse-distribution Job Overview:

Load and unload deliveries and stock warehouse shelves

Take product orders and answer questions about products available in the warehouse

Pull and deliver product orders to park locations

Ship and receive freight from various delivery service

Drive vehicles to transport items

It says drive vehicles to transport items and is that like a JD Gator or like a forkilift?

A Games Warehouse associate position I might not be able to fully elaborate on but I do know alot. They get paid a reasonable amount of money. Sundays are obviously the hardest days with inventory, since warehouse mainly runs that function. Pretty much warehouse people deliver stuff that the different Games areas order, mainly plush, and then on sundays they do inventory. Warehouse shifts normally dont run too far into the day, I would venture to guess 7am-5 or 6 on a sunday and most likely alot earlier on the other days. As always scheduling is extremely flexible, just like all games positions.

The Games Warehouse is locate behind Flight of Fear back by where the trail of terror in fearfest is.

The info provided here is only somewhat accurate. The games warehouse does come in earlier than the rest of the department, usually around 8 am. They are in charge of delivering stock to games just about every morning. They must also ensure that the inventory in our warehouses is accurate to what our inventory control says we should have. They help with the inventory control process, but they do not mainly run the inventory control. That is done by another individual, and our in park supervisors. Warehouse mainly helps relieve the stress of the in park supervisor of counting their inventory and still trying to run an area. They do this by counting a few of their games, while the supervisor counts the rest. The warehouse will occassionally get out before 5 or 6, unless there are other tasks to be completed. Warehouse usually helps out with any tasks that need completing before they go home for the night. This could include almost any sort of task, cleaning if it's needed, helping put up new signs, etc.... The team is also a fairly tight knit, close group. If you really are considering games warehouse as an option, PM me, as it is my area this year. I don't want to take up more space here.

Warehouse positions involve a lot of equipment use.

You use tugs, vehicles, carts and fork lifts.

Park used to be able to certify you to run a forklift if you're 18 and I imagine it's still the same.

I can tell you that our guys must be 18 and have a valid drivers license as we require a lot of driving to move stock to games. We typically do not need a fork lift in Games.

• 4 months later...
ok, so we've knocked out Rides associate, and Games-warehouse...but what about the difference between receiver, distribution, and Inventory control in the Merchandise warehouse? Those also say you need a drivers license, do you drive like a forklift or something? My biggest misunderstanding is the diff between the above mentioned positions, they all basically sat the same thing!

Warehouse-distribution Job Overview:

Load and unload deliveries and stock warehouse shelves

Take product orders and answer questions about products available in the warehouse

Pull and deliver product orders to park locations

Ship and receive freight from various delivery service

Drive vehicles to transport items

It says drive vehicles to transport items and is that like a JD Gator or like a forkilift?

I am not sure how it is now, but in the past not only was a drivers license required for these positions, but you had to be 21 years of age as well. Trust me, I know. I did it. And it is for very good reasons. Imagine allowing someone with very limited driving experience to drive throughout that park. For an example, driving a Ford F-150, and 250 through the Paramount Story. There is not a lot of room for error there. But I have done it. And you are driving through a park where virtually everything from left to right is custom built. And you are driving around people. This is not a responsiblility that the park takes lightly. And I for one, greatly approve of this.

m.f.21