Scooby Doo At KI

beastfan11

Interesting topic. I for one have not been back to Kings Island since WINTERFEST 2005. Not with the park being open to the public anyways. I will be making my return to Kings Island this year though. ( On a few occasions ) I have some pics of the park that some fans of pkic might be interested in seeing. Although I do not usually place pictures online. ( not just this website, but any ) These pictures are of the off season between Hanna Barbera Land and Nickelodeon Universe. Where all that you can see is the Runaway Reptar coaster and bulldozed land all around it, in front of it, and side to side. I also have very sad pictures of the remnants of Hanna Barbera Land. The characters from the Carousel. Ride, Shop, and Food Signs. Any of this stuff would look great in a kids bedroom, too bad its all gone to waste. I believe that all of these things are still on location. As are pictures of all of the great old signs. The Smurfs, WaterWorks, Original FearFest, Original The Beast, The Bat. If any of you have ever been to the sign shop, it's a library of memories.

I also have some pics of me and co-workers driving my sup Dave's Toyota Pickup down international street, and through Hanna Barbera Land. Let me know if anybody is interested in seeing any of these. If I dig deep enough, I have some pictures of Tomb Raider being finished between February and Opening Day in 2001.

m.f.

Cedar Fair does not seem to be into dark rides. There are none at Cedar Point (No, Disaster Transport does not count!), and their other parks like Worlds Of Fun, Dorney and Michigan's Adventure really do not have one either. My worry is that they may at some point remove the dark ride from Kings Island entirely... I really hope they do not. It just seems that their current management does not value dark rides very much.

• 8 years later...

Being 8 years since this post started, and in 2010 when Scooby Doo was completely removed from Kings Island, I really do miss him since I grew up with him being there. But Kings Island has been doing great since Cedar Fair has taken ownership, and they do good with keeping up with the Peanuts theming. Who knows, maybe in the (not-near) future we might see Scooby and the gang return.

• Like 1

Wow, holy archive-digging batman.

I'm have never been thrilled with the Peanuts theming because, though classics, they were mostly personalities from the 1950-1960's with no new material.  It will be interesting to see if the new movie boots some interest in them- it was actually a good movie.  I hope that CF can capitalize on the success of the movie somewhat and will bring in a new Peanuts era.

• Like 3

Will Spongebob still be as popular in ten years? I certainly hope not...I imagine the five year-olds of 2017 will have moved onto new things. (Although, if Viacom continues to play their cards right in that market, it may still be a Nickelodon franchise...if not, some other media company will move in to fill the nitch.)

I find this funny, because it's nearly 2016 and SpongeBob is still extremely popular. I wonder what will happen in 2017?

I think it would be neat if they made a new Peanuts TV show that aired on one of the major kids networks. That would be possibly the best thing Cedar Fair could hope for! If kids saw Snoopy on their TV every week I'm sure it would spur further interest in the parks. I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm excited to see if the movie affects next year's attendance numbers.

• Like 2

Will Spongebob still be as popular in ten years? I certainly hope not...I imagine the five year-olds of 2017 will have moved onto new things. (Although, if Viacom continues to play their cards right in that market, it may still be a Nickelodon franchise...if not, some other media company will move in to fill the nitch.)

I find this funny, because it's nearly 2016 and SpongeBob is still extremely popular. I wonder what will happen in 2017?

I think it would be neat if they made a new Peanuts TV show that aired on one of the major kids networks. That would be possibly the best thing Cedar Fair could hope for! If kids saw Snoopy on their TV every week I'm sure it would spur further interest in the parks. I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm excited to see if the movie affects next year's attendance numbers.

It probably will considering The Peanuts Movie did quite well in the box office. I'm sure eventually The Peanuts will get a reboot television show.

• Like 3