31 Nights of Fire Pics!

PKIC is proud to bring you 31 pictures of the 4th of July's Nights of Fire! We are brining them to you from two different angles. You'll notice that Dane's pics are from International Street, near the entrance, and I covered Eiffel Tower close ups. Click here to check them out!

As always, Paramount's Kings Island put on an amazing 4th of July show that's unlike any other! A big hand goes out to PKI for such a special event!

While you're at it, make sure to explore our new photo gallery. Please leave comments and rate the pics. We love it when you do that!

Regards,

Ryan

Oh yeah, Dane asked me to tell you guys to check in tomorrow for a history section update. He would have uploaded it tonight, but he's too tired from the full 14 hours at the park. :D

Scooby Doo was the one that pushed down the thing that started the fireworks. (Haha)

I did use a tripod but anything that moved got blurred. The wind was blowing in the left direction so it looks like the camera was being moved.

You were using a tripod, yet everything that moved was blurred? Faster shutter speed helps.

With fireworks you should use longer shutter speeds actually which you would need a tripod to use. While "night mode" is great for taking photos at night without messing with the settings yourself, with fireworks it would be best to use a longer one, around 4-6 seconds long so you get the full effect of the fireworks. They will not only be brighter, but bigger and have a greater effect in the photo. Use a longer shutter speed of anywhere from 6-16 seconds to not only catch several fireworks at once, they will be very bright, rather than using a simple night mode shot.

Example (not fireworks, but you could get the idea):

012.jpg

Is it time to reveal that I have never photographed fireworks at night? I'm more of a high speed shutter guy. Althow I did play with my shutter alittle before and got a interesting Delirium shot.

And towards the end, when the fountain was lit up, no tripod.

After my trip to Cedar Point tomorrow and Wednesday. I'm gonna be up there for two days, awaiting those pictures along with ones from Thorpe Park. Right now we have over 220 photos from PKI and Alton Towers, soon to be probably over 400 when Cedar Point and Thorpe Park are added. Wanted to wait for those so right after releasing the site I wouldn't have to upload them all then. I've also been working on my own personal site for my photography which should be up in a couple months.

Well, on the 3rd, i was there for the Dinner and a View, the Dinner was very good......Montgomery inn were very good (had like half of a Rack in sections) i got very stuffed at the same time.i got good a view (from the international resturaunt) and to top it all off, i got puked on at sonny...........not a pretty site <_<