Paramounts Gone from the KI sign

pkitrumpet08

Nothing was sawed off that sign.

During last year's Winter Soar, the sign looked just exactly as it does now. In fact, Maureen had to quash rumors the park wasn't going to operate as just Kings Island last summer, and she assured attendees that the mountain and Paramount's would be back before the 2006 season began.

It seems CBS had that sign made in at least two sections. Think they knew something when it was made?

And somehow, I see even that sign being changed to the park's new logo in the near future...or perhaps even being removed. There was no sign there before Paramount came to town, and few or no similar signs at other Cedar Fair parks. If you really don't know where you are when you just entered a park, you have more problems than a sign can fix. And yes, I know people take pictures of their party in front of it, but if they do, the sign is obscured anyway...

The thing is you can look at the sign and tell something is missing. Even if you did not know what it was or if the park was ever owned by Paramount the way the letters get smaller in the center with the curve only on the bottom just makes it look unbalanced with the flat top.

Nothing was sawed off that sign.

During last year's Winter Soar, the sign looked just exactly as it does now. In fact, Maureen had to quash rumors the park wasn't going to operate as just Kings Island last summer, and that the mountain and Paramount's would be back before the 2006 season began.

It seems CBS had that sign made in at least two sections. Think they knew something when it was made?

And somehow, I see even that sign being changed to the park's new logo in the near future...or perhaps even being removed. There was no sign there before Paramount came to town, and few or no similar signs at other Cedar Fair parks. If you really don't know where you are when you just entered a park, you have more problems than a sign can fix. And yes, I know people take pictures of their party in front of it, but if they do, the sign is obscured anyway...

In fact, there was not that little indentation there. But was it really a surprise that Paramount would take out more landscaping? <G>

They could, I assume, but won't, put a hawk under it...

Woofer, in fact Paramount had put a large mound of dirt there with the mountain logo on it. It was only removed in recent years. It was quite ugly, and obscured the wonderful view of the Royal Fountain.

Yes, Yes I remember.

Wasn't it removed before Winterfest?

Yes, it was removed before Winterfest, but how long before Winterfest I don't right remember. I was very glad when they removed that eyesore.

Now, if Cedar Fair were to just move Italian Job or, at the very least, at least landscape it and put the Tiques back in some quiet area of the park...

I could see that happening.

There is just so much that Paramount ruined and destroyed that it's going to take time.

As time goes on it's evident that the CF folk are not neglecting the park and are making amends.

It's so refreshing to have the CF folk here.

Guest rollercoasterfreak

I really don't see anything wrong with that sign.

It is just something that we are not used to. By July, we won't even notice that the sign has been modified.

I agree with him. there is nothing wrong with that. Ceidar fair owns it now. they can do what ever they want.

It will not crush my love of kings isalnd. Hey, whatt happend to the release date for X-flight. It was going to be yesterday? What Happend?

I really don't see anything wrong with that sign.

It is just something that we are not used to. By July, we won't even notice that the sign has been modified.

I agree with him. there is nothing wrong with that. Ceidar fair owns it now. they can do what ever they want.

It will not crush my love of kings isalnd. Hey, whatt happend to the release date for X-flight. It was going to be yesterday? What Happend?

Its gonna be called Firehawk!

Yeah I saw that picture last night too.

When guests take pictures, they like standing in that area because the name of the park is clearly visible. In my opinion it will be hard for groups to incorporate the Kings Island sign in their pictures because it’s too low. Maybe if they put in front of that curved cutout area, then guest could stand behind it for a great picture.

I've noticed a few comments here that give the impression that the mountain logo was below the Kings Island name...but remember, it was on top. Therefore, that indentation below the name doesn't mean too awful much, and the sign is the same height now as it was before...there just isn't a nasty eye-sore stuck on top of it. :D

No, that portion of the sign that people are talking about *is* the same height, there's just nothing on top of it to make it taller. I responded regarding the issues of people standing in front of the sign and not being able to see the sign behind them in pictures. The only thing that is different now is they won't see the mountain sticking up from the top of the sign...they'll still be standing in front of the Kings Island sign.

Personally,I think the sign looks better without the "Paramount's" and mountain. Paramount's Kings Island is a mouthfull. Kings Island is much easier to say.

Besides, Cedar Fair now owns the park. Why should they maintain the "Paramount" name? Odds are, the management team did a cost-benefit analysis and concluded that it is cheaper for them to remove the Paramount name than to keep it.

I look forward to visiting Kings Island this year and for years to come.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

TR:TR is the ONLY ride that would need re-theming. Every other Paramount/Nickelodeon ride could be changed with a sign. Granted for some rides, such as Wild Thornberries River Adventure, effigies would need to be removed.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

Yeah if rides had to be re-themed TRTR would have to be top of the list.. seriously tho.. what the heck could they re-theme it as?