Paramounts Gone from the KI sign

pkitrumpet08

On TR:TR, I don't see them spending a ton of money to re-theme it. If anything, I see them giving it some type of generic adventure theme. My real hope, however, would be for it to be rethemed to...get this...something that would make sense being in Rivertown! Here's hoping the era of ignoring the integrity of Kings Island's themed lands (other example, Bubba Gump in Oktoberfest) is over!

If they gave it a generic adventure theme there are still references to the movie in there, some of which were actually used in the movie, but change the name and remove those things and you'd be alright.

I love the theming on Tomb Raider, the only thing is, I don't like the building it's in, it doesn't look good at all. They should've done something to make it look kind of like some kind of temple or cave. But instead they have a good themed entrance leading into a building that resembles a warehouse.

If they gave it a generic adventure theme there are still references to the movie in there, some of which were actually used in the movie, but change the name and remove those things and you'd be alright.

I love the theming on Tomb Raider, the only thing is, I don't like the building it's in, it doesn't look good at all. They should've done something to make it look kind of like some kind of temple or cave. But instead they have a good themed entrance leading into a building that resembles a warehouse.

I just hope Cedar Fair doesnt Detheme TRTR that is my favorite themed ride at the park, so I hope they just change the name

Didn't Paramount already start to detheme TR by completely ignoring the ride from the themeing standpoint?

The ride is a decent flat ride. It is the themeing that makes it unique, and Paramount really let it go. CF does not have a good track record when it comes to keeping up with themeing as well. Perhaps they understand that a ride like TR needs some TLC when it comes down to keeping themeing up.

yes the big mountain is missing, but for some odd reason, when i went to the returners thing, i made a point to check and see (probably out of boredom) if the little columns (pillars, thingys......whatever) by the fountains were still there with those little round discs at the top with the peak and stars. they were. but getting rid of those would take what, a few strong men? so thats not saying much. i just hope Paramount Story still exists this season so i can take pictures (yey duck soup!)

Guest TombraiderTy

Yeah if rides had to be re-themed TRTR would have to be top of the list.. seriously tho.. what the heck could they re-theme it as?

Charlie Brown's ADventure! :lol:

TR:TR could be re-themed as a lost mine ride or a family crypt... would better fit Rivertown! Just remove everything Laura Croft and Tomb Raider... leave the elements that make it a "cave/crypt/mine" and add a few smaller elements to make it fit a theme. Very little would need to be changed to fit a mine or crypt theme, save some $$$! -Hauntguy

Personally,I think the sign looks better without the "Paramount's" and mountain. Paramount's Kings Island is a mouthfull. Kings Island is much easier to say.

Italian Chef

Yet still not quite as bad as "Paramount's Canadas Wonderland", which wasn't only a mouthful, it was a grammatical nightmare :D

I will have to see if I can find it but I saw a comment about the changing of parks name. It said that the parks name and the rides were under separate licenses. There are no plans to rename or retheme any of the Paramount rides at this time.

Found it this is from The Enquirer article about Firehawk.

New name

Paramount's Kings Island is now just Kings Island. The park's new parent company Cedar Fair is dropping the Paramount name from all five Paramount amusement parks it acquired from CBS last year for $1.24 billion.

Each year the park pays a licensing fee to Paramount Pictures to use the name. Cedar Fair will pay a buy-out fee to end the agreement but will save money in the long run, park officials said.

Paramount-themed attractions like the Italian Job and Top Gun rides and Nickelodeon Universe will not be affected because they all have separate licenses.

So at least for a while I don't expect any changes to the TRTR or any other Paramount ride at the park. Hope Cedar Fair fixes some of the theming though.

That's why it was Paramount Canada's Wonderland. PCW didn't have the 's in Paramount.

Ahhh...I was thinking that they had the possessive in "Paramount" but not in "Canada," which always seemed really odd. Still...not a name that just rolls off your tongue :)

I hope CF puts a new sign up soon. I think it looks tacky now. Even though the "Paramount" is gone, its still the font they used for years. Might as well just say "the park formerly known as Paramount's Kings Island". I think it should show more definitively that it is now a new Kings Island.

I'm sure things are being done in a priority matter...there are probably a lot of other things that need to be changed that are more important, and only so much money in the budget. In due time....or, put another way, changing that particular sign any more than it already has been may not be a paramount priority, as the public won't make a mountain out of that sign near what used to be a mole hill.