Mysteries of Top Gun

pkitrumpet08

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that its a long walk, but its a big park. You have to walk 10 times farther just to get to your ride...whatever it is. A little bit farther isn't going to hurt anyone. Go to Cedar Point and ride Iron Dragon. If you think Top Gun sucks...you might fall asleep during Iron Dragon. I think that you spend more time on the lifts than not. If not, its close...short ride+2 lifts = boring. I'm not saying that Top Gun is the best coaster in the world, but its pretty good compared to what came before it...The Bat...and what was around when it was built. If you don't like the ride and think its too far away, I have a simple solution for you...don't ride it. When it comes to the lower level, I like looking in everytime I go by. Hope it gets opened again sometime so I can go in instead of just looking in.

Guest TombraiderTy

I think they should add more themeing to the waiting line, then the ride should include fog and lighting and stuff, that would be cool. They should also reopen the bottom line, that would make it much more interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so you complain about the walk to Top Gun. It is like that is the only ride in the park that has a long line. look around there are others there to. Like IJ:ST that is a long line for a short ride. and The Beast has a long line also, but who cares The Beast is the best ride in the park.

I rode TopGun opening year and had to wait 3 hours to get on it because a women had a heart attack on it. I think the line under the station should be reopened i though the stuff the had was really cool to look at. I also think they should use the fog again too. What happened to the fog in AE?

I actually like the long line, if you think about it if it didn't take people long to walk back there, then the actual line would increase because if groups of people weren't scattered throughout the line then it would build up quickly. PLUS! I think anyone in America could walk a little more, with the growing amount of obese people I dont think it could hurt to walk :blink:

Let's make that anyone in America who is physically able could walk more, and then I'll agree. Once you take a disabled guest with you to a park, and deal with that all day, your perspective changes...forever. Kings Island in its early days was NOT a hospitable place to the disabled, but then virtually no place was.

I doubt seriously that line to Top Gun would be constructed the same way today. For comparison purposes, look at Dueling Dragons at Islands of Adventure. And then ask yourself, why were those steps under the Dueling Dragons sign not used?

http://www.wdwinfo.com/universal/Photos/Th...g%20Dragons.htm

Yep.

I can still remember waiting in line in April the opening year of Top Gun, and I could see the track, from back where they were holding the line, and I kept thinking to myself ,"Please don't let that be all of it," thinking what a short ride this is going to be. Don't get me wrong, I love the ride for its speed but I wish so much it was longer, I come from the era of The Bat, and as a kid riding that one, it was an awesome coaster for its time, which is what I based my thinking for Top Gun on because The Bat had the 2 lift hills and I was hoping to see this to be a new standard for Kings Island coasters. I can remember one night they had opened The Bat for a couple of hours, and I was in line clear back to the candy shop across from the entrance to The Racer, but don't get me wrong I do love Top Gun, and as for the walk I think it is relaxing in the shade on hot summer days, except when you get behind someone that is walking the speed of a snail, then I want to throw them over the rail and move on, haha. As for a Suspended Coaster though nothing compares to The Wolf at Busch Gardens for me.

It does seem as if they were more worried about throwing up coaster back then just for the sake of having more coasters. I do take in delight that Cedar Fair went with maverick because of the length and theme, I hope that becomes the way parks look at new coasters on the horizons. I for one would rather wait in a longer line to enjoy a longer well themed attraction.