Firehawk too Much for Me

lance99

Honestly, just set your mind to it and go on. Before I went to Cedar Point last May, the biggest roller coaster I had been on was 80 ft tall. The first one I went on at CP, was, of course Millennium Force. :wacko: I was literally praying as we climbed the 310ft hill...but it ended up being AMAZING. I am now so addicted to coasters, and I attribute that to MF. It's my favorite ride ever, and I was so close to not trying it! The point: Go on Firehawk and whether you like it or not, at least you were brave enough to try. ;)

Your story makes me smile. That's what happened with me and Vortex. And if that hadn't happened...seriously, who knows where I would be today? *high-five*

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what worked for me... One day I was up at the park and some of my friends forced me on Drop Zone. After that my adrenaline was so high it was just natural to want more, so we traveled over to Face OFf which was my first looping coaster of all time. Before that day I was scared of going upside down, which now I look back upon and laugh, because going upside down is not even scarry at all! :lol: My best advice is like everyone elses, just bite the bullet strap in and enjoy the ride. Well I only suggest that if you like rollercoasters that is (ex The Beast, racer, and so on).

-Chris

I have a friend who is afraid of heights but loves coasters. We practically had to drag her onto Top Thrill Dragster. She said it was the vertical ascent and slow crawl over the top that scared her. We kept telling her that you go up and back down the tower so fast that you don't really have time to fully realize how high up you are. Big surprise, she rode it and loved it (even though she looks completely terrified in the on ride photo).

My first major coaster was the Screamin Demon.

Why did I decide to ride it? Because a girl I had a crush on wanted me to. Enough said! :lol:

And I was 15 at the time and had not even had a ride on The Racer yet. But I did that day - and a lot more rides after that.

After that I rode every coaster Kings's Island had. Now I am reverting back to my teen years and get freaked out on the lift hills, so I don't ride as much anymore.

I love heights, that is why i am such a coaster phanatic. But like many years ago I didn't like coasters. I used to be afraid of them until my friend made me go on The Chiller with him. After that time I loved roller coasters.

So I say get over your fear and go on Firehawk because flying coasters are fun.

You can do it, Raptor.

It's fun.

It really is.

Firehawk is waiting.....Do not ask for whom Firehawk waits...it waits for YOU! :)

Oh don't worry I'll do it, It'll just probably scare the crap out of me, no coaster has yet, but none has made me stare stright down.

i used to hate coasters, but then my friend made me go on the Flight of Fear and of course its inside so i didnt know how it was going to be.. but i had an amazing time and so began my love for coasters. now i love going to Kings Island and i already have the fever for the 2007 season! :D

Firehawk looks amazing but i will admit i am scared. ha but i always get scared before riding something and i always end up loving it so i can not wait for Firehawk to open, its going to be a blast!

just go for it! on the way up the hill you might be scared (i know i am sometimes ha) but after it you will be so happy you did it B)

This may be the 1st coaster ever that i will be afraid of, I love em tall and fast but I hate facing the ground, that's why i can't handle delerium scares the crap out of me.

That's why I didn't ride Wicked Twister when I was at CP, a descision that I know regret. It's just the whole thing about facing straight down, and then...what if the restraint gave way??? Those belts really aren't that tight.

This has been irrational fears with Jake.

I used to love to ride thrill rides like Firehawk but after I had a disk in my neck fused and pins inserted, I can no longer ride those fun rides. I can not risk my neck being jerked around and causing further disk damage.

Mike

Sorry to hear that. :(

For me though, I was scared of coasters and thrill rides when I was a lot younger but when I rode them one by one I fell in love with them. I was really scared to ride Vortex a few years ago and now I love it. Same with a lot of rides. Yes the first hill scares ya but to go down you gotta go up :lol: I am not really worried about Firehawk. It is the first time I will be riding it though and the first flying coaster I will be riding. I look forward to riding it B)

Not trying to make things worse, but if the restraint fails on Wicked Twister (almost an impossibility), the belts are attached...to IT.

Well, the belts are attached to the OTSR and then the seat correct? Which means in the event of a restraint failure, there is a chance you won't go flying towards the ground, your just going to get beat around until it stops, right?

If the restraint were to fail only by releasing, the belt will hold it closed and keep you secure...if however, the HIGHLY unlikely event occurs and both pivots somehow break at the same time, the restraint will fall, be secured by the belt, probably under the chair, and the rider will likely have a most unfortunate exit from the ride...

Again, this is almost, but not quite, beyond the realm of possibility.

For those of you who have never ridden X Flight or Stealth, you are in for a real treat. My only problem with the ride is waiting in the down position, you are a little down hill on the head side. When riding the B&M version at Gurnee,the straps push on your chest a bit too much when waiting, but nothing to get excited about. The flyers rock! About time KI got a good steel coaster, A+ for Cedar Fair...

At least they have most of the "Bugs" out of it, I hope. It was supposed to recline at the lift hill, from what I undestand, but I never saw that happen. Just the wait, while reclined, is a little uncomfortable, but managable. I did not notice any roughness on either ride, when I rode Stealth or as Borg, but the theming sure changed. Loading was faster on X Flight, because of the dual loading platforms, and the harness was improved. This ride is at the top of my list.

Not trying to make things worse, but if the restraint fails on Wicked Twister (almost an impossibility), the belts are attached...to IT.

Though theres more of a chance that you will fall into a puddle and drown then fall out of WT. At least with WT's location, and if the wind is blowing right you could get a nice cushion landing on the sand next door. :P