Firehawk Construction Is Well Under Way!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in my opinion, Firehawk is a way cooller name than X-Flight. And it'll be the coolest name for a roller coaster at KI. I mean, Face/Off - Movie, Top Gun - Movie, Beast - Childish, Racer - Childish, Flight of Fear - kinda cool, Italian Job Stunt Track - dumb, Firehawk - Extravegant.

^Especially when they alreayd ahve two thunder hawks and a sky hawk within thier chain. And Nick, I think the military theme is still going to be used according to maureen in the cincy enquirerer artocle. Note, the cross hair in the logo, and a Firehawk is a type of modified American military Blackhawk helicopter as well.

I think you're going to have a hard time finding people to agree with you that by comparison, The Beast is "Childish" and Firehawk is Extravegant. Personally it sounds to me like they didnt really try, they just used hawk with a new prefix, just as combat says in the post directly below this one.

Is a military helicopter that goes 178mph not a good name?

Is anyone pumped, you ask?

Yeah, me! X Flight was only my favorite steel coaster in the state of Ohio! And now it's going to be closer to home (but have mucho longer lines). Ah well, it needed a home in a park that could get enough customers for it to pay the freight! It's got one now.

And how.

Firehawk? I really don't care what they call it. I love the thing. They could call it Flight of the Moo Moo Cows and I'd still be in line!

IMG_6900.jpg

Is that a Mercury Milan or Ford Fusion Maureen is driving?

Yes I can tell what car it is by no more than the door panel and a partial shot of the door lock. Might also be because I own a Milan. Great Car by the way.

Anyways glad to see the site is coming along great. Still not a fan of the name, I just hope there is a way it ties in to Fort Cooper and the Secret Military Theme.

IMG_6900.jpg

Is that a Mercury Milan or Ford Fusion Maureen is driving?

Yes I can tell what car it is by no more than the door panel and a partial shot of the door lock. Might also be because I own a Milan. Great Car by the way.

Anyways glad to see the site is coming along great. Still not a fan of the name, I just hope there is a way it ties in to Fort Cooper and the Secret Military Theme.

It looks like a Milan to me.

Does anyone know if a "speed lane" will be built for Firehawk? The only other dual-station ride I have been on is the Mummy at Universal Studios Florida, and I know that the speed pass lane worked great for that ride (isolating the lane to one of the stations).

So I'm hoping KI will build a speed lane for Firehawk, and do the same thing they did for IJ:ST's opening year- have speed lane tickets available daily. That worked out great in '05, and would in my opinion help control Firehawk's line by making passholders come back at the designated time on the ticket.

Can't wait to check out the ride this summer!