Firehawk Construction Is Well Under Way!

To respond:

uhhh..keep them? KI has enough space to add a bajillion (maybe an exaggeration) more coasters....taking rides that are good out doesnt make sense to me, unless they are worried about the park becoming too big and people dying on the walk to the back of the park.

There is always a reason why a ride is removed, whether you or I agree with the reasons or not is a whole different story. I'm not going to go into the reasons why KC was removed again, but regardless the ride had passed its prime. Even if it were still standing today in prefect shape, ridership would likely be low.

By the way, whoever is talking about removing AE has another thing coming. Would you believe that it's one of the most ridden rides in the park? The only thing that beats it is The Racer, if you collaborate both frontwards and backwards. Just proof again that the family ride scheme does in fact work.

Reclaimer, I do remember people reporting that KC had been removed from storage, but I asked a park official and they said the track hadn't gone anywhere. Of course, anyone can be wrong at certain points. I wouldn't be surprised to see CF clean up the boneyard a little bit. I can assure you, that ride isn't coming back... not here, not anywhere. I'd also be absolutely shocked and appauled if the park ever got another standup coaster. Even the longest and 'best' one of them all down at SFKK is just a painful snoozefest. Unfortunately, although they DID try to sell it for a short time as a ride, that ride isn't becoming anything except for maybe a new ride called Fe → Fe2+ + 2e− ... or perhaps it'll become the hood of a brand new Chevy.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was the one that reported that the track could be gone because back in november I passed a truck that appeared to be carrying king cobra pieces at the intersection of ki drive and kings mills road, now I didn't get a good look at it so if a park official said it was still there I wouldn't doubt it.

I think you're going to have a hard time finding people to agree with you that by comparison, The Beast is "Childish" and Firehawk is "Extravegant."

For real extravegance, use an international variation:

German: Der Feuerhabicht!

French: Faucon l'incendie!

Italian: Falco Fuoco!

Spanish: Halcón del fuego!

B)

Well, we don`t know for certain that Kings Island won`t be addressing the bottleneck that occurs underneath The Racer. One thing is certain, if they have two FearFest haunts back there this year, it will be a disaster! That path was barely passible with just two hauns and ONE ride back there, let along two major rides.

oh man! you do have a point with that! well hopefully the Firehawk will have enough turnstyles of its own so that the line will be contained at that ride . therefore there wouldn't be an extremely bad issue. plus if the Firehawk is placed far enough back there it still wouldnt conflict with any other lines.

To respond:

uhhh..keep them? KI has enough space to add a bajillion (maybe an exaggeration) more coasters....taking rides that are good out doesnt make sense to me, unless they are worried about the park becoming too big and people dying on the walk to the back of the park.

There is always a reason why a ride is removed, whether you or I agree with the reasons or not is a whole different story. I'm not going to go into the reasons why KC was removed again, but regardless the ride had passed its prime. Even if it were still standing today in prefect shape, ridership would likely be low.

By the way, whoever is talking about removing AE has another thing coming. Would you believe that it's one of the most ridden rides in the park? The only thing that beats it is The Racer, if you collaborate both frontwards and backwards. Just proof again that the family ride scheme does in fact work.

Reclaimer, I do remember people reporting that KC had been removed from storage, but I asked a park official and they said the track hadn't gone anywhere. Of course, anyone can be wrong at certain points. I wouldn't be surprised to see CF clean up the boneyard a little bit. I can assure you, that ride isn't coming back... not here, not anywhere. I'd also be absolutely shocked and appauled if the park ever got another standup coaster. Even the longest and 'best' one of them all down at SFKK is just a painful snoozefest. Unfortunately, although they DID try to sell it for a short time as a ride, that ride isn't becoming anything except for maybe a new ride called Fe → Fe2+ + 2e− ... or perhaps it'll become the hood of a brand new Chevy.

I can not tell what you guy's are saying with your Park abreveations, but I know KI and CF

"Also it really doesnt' use up a whole lot of land when you think about it it is quite efficient for the intensity it has. Also what else would you put in that location?"

King Cobra.

Last I recall there was a King Cobra in the park. It was removed mostly due to maintenance-related issues and sat in a field very close to Firehawk's location rusting away for years before being scrapped this off-season. Oh...that's the Cobra you were talking about? Yeah, it's not coming back.

And like SOB dosn't have maintenance issues! ;)

Those poor, unfortunate construction guys. It is bitterly cold!

Shaggy

Today February 13, 2007 it is horrable weather. Its bitterly cold plus frezzing (SP) rain.

I just wanna know, most of us have been to Geauga Lake, so we've rode X-Flight. So why is it such a big deal? Oh wait, Firehawk!. New name, must be more exciting.

<_< It's a big deal, and purty exciting to me! Kings Island is getting a new coaster, what's not to be happy about?! :D

I just wanna know, most of us have been to Geauga Lake, so we've rode X-Flight. So why is it such a big deal? Oh wait, Firehawk!. New name, must be more exciting.

LOTS of people have never been to Geauga Lake. I haven't. I even saw a guy at my high school wearing an old Geauga Lake sweatshirt. I asked him how he liked the park. He said he had never been there, he got it from his grandparents. He had never even heard of the place, and he was wearing their sweatshirt.

Ok, so I've been looking at the construction pics of Firehawk and some old overview pics of X-Flight for a few days now, but I cant seem to figure out the orientation of the ride. I'm not sure if the lift will run "parallel" to the srevice road or if it will run perpendicular. I tried matching up the new footings from the construction pics on www.pki.com to figure it out but i'm still not sure. What direction does everyone else think?

I have studied the pictures of the Firehawk work and compared it to the ride`s layout up at GL. I believe that the lift hill will be pointed towards the Flight of Fear launch area of the building (parallel to The Racer tracks. The brake run will be located parallel and adjacent to the service road. If you look at the picture on the main page, I believe that the station will be located on the left, with the brake run located on the right, parallel to the retaining wall and service road.

PKIfan73, the form work for the walls will actually be for a retaining wall. I believe that it will follow the turn of the brake run into the station area. The footings that appear in the center of this picture from Kings Island`s media center, are where the supports for the horseshoe curve will be located, with the lift hill located off to the right of that. The station area will be located in the front, with the brake run immediately in the foreground.

CIMG1318_mc3.JPG