New KI Theming?

Swanky333

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or take out the ACTI so it says On Zone.....just an idea.

Why stop there? You could also take out the Z and e from that last line!

Snort! :)

--The Interpreter, who will be here all week

haha, dude, people would be so messed up if they saw that. "On On? WTF?!"

My idea is to expel every last vestage of Paramount/Viacom, but leave Nickelodeon until the license expires. Localize it.

Bubba Gump Shrimp Shack - Cajun Shrimp Shack

Lt. Dan's Bar - Bayou Bar

Face/Off - Boomerang

Congo Falls - Amazon Falls

Days of Thunder - Kings Island Speedway

Top Gun - Navy Pilot

The Italian Job - L.A. Runaway

Happy Days Diner - 50s Diner

Flight of Fear - Asteroid Field

TR:TR - Treasure Hunter

Wings Diner - Rivertown Diner

Paramount Story - Japanese Garden presented by Toyota

CDBB - Crocodile Kyle's Boomerang Beach

Dundee's Outback Shack - Verdi's Outback Shack

Wally's Walkabout Pub - Walkabout Pub

Mick's Seaside Supplies - Kyle's Seaside Supplies

I'd change names and decor. Also, I'd make new films and posters for the "re-themed" attractions. For those of you who don't know, "Crocodile Kyle Verdi" is a character that appeared on the public access TV shows "Thai Food Hunter" and "Entertainers in the Tri-State".

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

Whatever Cedar Fair does with current theming, I think the key for them is to really think about it in a very long-term sense, which is something Viacom and CBS certainly did not do - they thought "Sure, we could put the adventurous Lara Croft in Rivertown" and "Bubba Gump in Oktoberfest - sounds like a great idea!". I'm actually very encouraged by the theme of Firehawk in that they really put some thought into the rides and features around it - in this case...a military base-type theme. Does this fit with the Coney Mall theme? Not really, if they in fact have long term plans to expand this area of the park, they may be thinking of a military base-type theme for an entire land. Who knows? In either case, it does appear that they are putting some careful thought into their decisions.

I enjoy the theming that the park has now and this is why I visited PKI. I hope that CF doesn't start ripping out theming because they don't want to keep the Paramount name. This would hurt the attendence in my opinion. We have enough plain amusement parks around. Keep with the theme park image for variety. This is my opinion.

I enjoy the theming that the park has now and this is why I visited PKI. I hope that CF doesn't start ripping out theming because they don't want to keep the Paramount name. This would hurt the attendence in my opinion. We have enough plain amusement parks around. Keep with the theme park image for variety. This is my opinion.

Well, you've made a couple errors there.

One, the Park Formerly Known as Paramount's Kings Island is not a Theme Park (any longer) as much as it's a park with themes. The name theme park would connotate that it is made up of a variety of themed areas. This is no longer the case as there are a variety of "themed" locations dropped aimlessly throughout the park.

I'm not certain what part of the country that you are in but if you're in an area that has enough amusement parks, God Love Ya.

;)

One, the Park Formerly Known as Paramount's Kings Island is not a Theme Park (any longer) as much as it's a park with themes. The name theme park would connotate that it is made up of a variety of themed areas. This is no longer the case as there are a variety of "themed" locations dropped aimlessly throughout the park.

That's such a good description of the theming issues. I would actually even say that KI (and the other parks) are actually now parks with themed rides. And, while Paramount did pretty well (for seasonal parks) with individual ride theming, by and large they were "islands" (no pun intended) that have little relationship to the areas around them.

Although, to be fair, Six Flags under Time-Warner's didn't fare much better in that department...dropping in Batman rides wherever they could fit them in.

But, let's also face facts...why does the thought seem to be that CF will suddenly become this company that intricately themes its parks? Cedar Fair says they are an amusement park operator--they make no claims to wanting to rival Disney, Universal, or Busch in the theming department. And, as much as I love CP, does anyone really think it's intricately themed? Other than the Pioneer Trail, and the western area in the back of the park, most of CP is simply themed as "20th Century Amusement Park." :)

Anyone from food service? Was wondering if Bubba Gumps patio is going to be back or if it is being re-themed? I am craving those hot wings they had att he bar in back. Although they were better a few years back I thought when they had the bones in wings, I also think when they served only the boneless wings the last few years the sauce changed.....

I doubt it would ruin attendence. "Oh my, they took the took some themeing out...lets go home" That seems kinda unrealistic.

Still, one of the things that makes rides like Top Gun, Tomb Raider, Wild Thornberries, Italian Job, etc. so memorable is the fact that their named after a movie. Looking back on a trip it is easier to remember the rides, especially if the person has seen the movie.

...which might be one reason I have heard IJST called nearly everything under the sun by the public, from Italian Stunt Job to Italian Highway to that darn Italian thing. I really don't think many people had seen that movie, which was in theatrical release for a little more than 15 minutes....a little more...

adding on to what The interpreter said, I have heard the IJST called lots of different things as well my favorite though is when someone with a southern accent comes up and they ask me, " do you know how to get to that there I-talian Job?" :lol:

as far as themeing goes though you have to admit when something has a theme it's going to stick out in your mind more, especially if it sucks. if it was a sucky ride with no theme then who would care?

not saying the italian job is amazingly well themed. they could have done so much more with that.. I mean who's been to disney MGM and ridden rockin rollercoaster?

Or better yet, Mummy at Universal Studios on either coast...which IJ is supposedly modeled after. A former PR rep at KI strongly hinted the level of theming would be comparable. Yeah, right...