What does PKI need to take the next step as a theme park?

GADVFREAK99

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think PKI needs better dining options. What they have is good, but nothing I ever really feel like spending money on, except happy days, thats pretty well done. The food service is pretty lacking in selection I'd also like to hear more music throught he park and more lights to create a better night time atmosphere.

Welcome to PKIC Gadv freak, myself and someo f the PKIC staff may be visiting your park for the first time this summer! Hows chiller doing without its inversions?

From this point forward, please refer to it as simply KI. To many who don't follow the park as often, it may be hard getting used to the change.

Obviously, they need more dining options like full-service restaurants. A B&M hyper is also high on my list. On top of that, why not an S&S Screamin' Swing?

^^^

Thank you for the welcome and Chiller is fine we are waiting for the newpeices to come in. The park is kind of a mess right now they are demolishing many classic rides to make way for new stuff. I am quite angry at that because they got rid of my favorite ride. The Riptide ahhh, we still have another log flume thou.

So tell me when you are going I will meet you there and show you around because I live realy close to GADV. Just message me when your going.

Let's get back on topic now sorry for going off.

and p.s. CombatStupendous89

B&M hypers are awsome. NITRO RULES, MY NUMBER 1 COASTER.

Here's a few things I think they need:

1. Like one of the previous posters said, they need more full service restaurants. They should have never closed the one over the entrance.

2. The arcade by The Racer and the one down by The Beast are abominable. Really, they are both in need of a overhaul and new games.

3. Kings Island needs a major roller coaster, whatever type I'm not sure, but something big. KI needs to come down like a hammer and go Blam! Here's our new roller coaster.

Well, two things. First, according to the golden ticket awards, Kings Island`s games have been ranked high for the past several years (number two and three spots). Secondly, Kings Island is getting a "new" coaster this year. While it may not be a brand new coaster, or a B&M coaster like everyone wants, it is still a major new ride, that is being built on previousely undeveloped land, ie not as the result of the removal of an existing ride.

B&M hypers are awsome. NITRO RULES, MY NUMBER 1 COASTER.

Ok...... So let me get this straight..... Nitro is your num 1 COASTER??? I went to SFGADV numerous times last year when I went to visit my fam and I thought it was a snooze fest! Very boring and was pretty much forceless. Very little airtime! Its a great looking ride and layout but doenst do anything for me. El Toro is my Num 1 in my book hands down. It was absolutely incredible! I have been on voyage a few times as well and thats a great ride but El Toro is a little better just because how smooth it is and the drop and insane airtime!

Anyways...... I think KI needs a 200ft Intamin Hyper coaster..... 3 train operation! Tons of airtime hills and overbank turns! Thats what they need! Cedar Fair knows this too! For those of you who didn't believe me when I told you that X-Flight will be named Firehawk you should listen to me now... Expect a Signature Steel Coaster in 08' thats what I am hearing.

Cf has to clean the park up as well, Pour concrete in OLC CONEY and get rid of the cracked black top and get some new paint on the rides and buildings! Make it more fun looking! I wouldn't mind seeing a Screaming Swing bc those rides are extremely cheap. We need a HUGE BB upgrade! Most of the slides are from 88' or 89' when the water park opened. Get a ProSlide Mammouth or a Bowl. Get a action river and a water coaster!

Well thats all I can think of now!

Nitro boring? HAR HAR HAR HAR!

But that is your opinion and I respect it.

There is at least one of us here who has every intention of being at Great Adventure on opening day (April 2, if you are counting...).

As for KI, what I think it needs most as the next step is high quality family entertainment. Anyone can install metal, as the old Six Flags so richly proved...but it takes care, execution and thought to run a well rounded park chain.

Well, two things. First, according to the golden ticket awards, Kings Island`s games have been ranked high for the past several years (number two and three spots). Secondly, Kings Island is getting a "new" coaster this year. While it may not be a brand new coaster, or a B&M coaster like everyone wants, it is still a major new ride, that is being built on previousely undeveloped land, ie not as the result of the removal of an existing ride.

You can't honestly put a lot of credit in the "Golden Ticket" awards. It's really not as if it were an objective or even impartial selection process.

It's all about who chooses to be part of the program and who has the pull. Politics, Politics, Politics.

Yeah...one park in the Northeast has three (soon to be four) excellent kids areas, but will probably never get a Golden Ticket for them, given the politics and geographic makeup of those who vote.

Exactly, for all too long I've heard people toute this "Golden Ticket" awards. It's nice to be able to give yourself a pat on the back - but I'm thinking it would have more teeth if it actually were less of an old boys/paid for award and came from an actual recognition from everyone's peers or guests.

They need more exciting 3D Immersion attractions a' la 'Back to the Future' or Star Trek: The Experience. The signage and marquis can be updated to the emerging new cutting-edge, bright LED screens like at Times Square or the Vegas Strip, to add that "world-classiness" back to the park. The Eiffel Tower should be lit with bright, colorful spots like during the last Winterfest, rather that with the current flood lights, which make the tower look like a cell phone tower. Fort Cooper should become a new midway, maybe with a new flat ride and some food/game stalls to round out the addition.

Well I don't think even at night KI looks like a cell phone tower...but I do think they could make it look a little nicer at night, hopefully they will bring back those colorful projection lights that they used for winterfest and the end of the season last year.

As far as the golden ticket goes I am not sure how credible or "important" it is but we did come in second the last time it was held for games (every 4 years???). We came behind CP who recently refurbished their games, or that is what I hear at least.

I think they need to find out what direction they would like to go first. Appeal more to thrill seekers or to families or a little bit of both. If they really want to appeal to both crowds they will have to spend more money and think of new innovative things to keep the guest from both worlds coming in.

Maybe it's time for another "filmed at Kings Island" tv show, like the Brady Bunch thing; or maybe KI can host one of those Xtreme motocross games (updated take on the 1970's Evel Kneivel jump) to bring national focus back. Maybe they can host a high-profile stunt by that weird, neo-Houdini guy from New York who keeps freezing himself in a box and stuff like that. Keeping KI in the world spotlight is one of the things that keeps the park from being like every other theme park.

As for KI, what I think it needs most as the next step is high quality family entertainment. Anyone can install metal, as the old Six Flags so richly proved...but it takes care, execution and thought to run a well rounded park chain.

Are you serious???? More Family Entertainment. We have won the Golden Ticket for the best kids area for the last 5 years or so.....Its sad that our Signature steel coaster is almost 20 years old! Dont get me wrong the Vortex is a great ride but its time for that big coaster coming our way. We need to draw the thrill seekers back to the park. Firehawk was a great decision but we need something else soon as well! CF needs to build are park up, and they know that. Better capacity rides, more reliable rides, more fun paint schemes, better food options, CONCRETE instead of pavment, Better games, more employees!

I agree with above guy, last big coaster was sob and it lacked smoothness, airtime, reliability, and pretty much everything that a good tall steel coaster could bring. Anyway, you all are forgetting the one most important change they need, to get rid of spongebob in 3d please, 4 years is enough.

I'll bet a quarter that CF puts in an Intamin hyper within the next four years. I don't often engage in hyperbole, so listen well. With Cedar Fair's dedication to ride quality, the engineering talent at Intamin, and King's Island's amazing terrain, we're talking a coaster that could be one of -- if not the -- most amazing ride experience on the planet.

I'll bet a quarter that CF puts in an Intamin hyper within the next four years. I don't often engage in hyperbole, so listen well. With Cedar Fair's dedication to ride quality, the engineering talent at Intamin, and King's Island's amazing terrain, we're talking a coaster that could be one of -- if not the -- most amazing ride experience on the planet.

Yes I agree with you..... Expect 08' to be a great year! I'm hearing a B&M INVERTED ot INTAMIN HYPER. Land clearing will start in mid to late summer!

Well, while you ended up being right with the name of Firehawk, I`m highly doubtful that KI will receive another major attraction in 2008. Especially a major new steel coaster. Granted, I won`t be complaining if that happens. I just don`t see that ocurring in 2008. Possibly 2009, but for 2008 I think they will focus on a flat ride or a family friendly attraction.

Well, while you ended up being right with the name of Firehawk, I`m highly doubtful that KI will receive another major attraction in 2008. Especially a major new steel coaster. Granted, I won`t be complaining if that happens. I just don`t see that ocurring in 2008. Possibly 2009, but for 2008 I think they will focus on a flat ride or a family friendly attraction.

Yea I would agree with you BUT our kiddie area is up to par! Its the best in the World! WE need to bring the THrill seekers back to the park. Im not talking just acers but the GP. I know a lot of people that stoped going to KI and went to Cp instead. So they need to beef up on there coaster collection! Plus think about this, depends on what Cp gets in 08' which im sure wont be a major coaster they can market KI's new coaster and promote the ride and upgrading to a maxxx pass. It wouldn't draw away from Cp's attendance or anything.

I don't see this happening either... but CF IS the park known for a coaster EVERY YEAR! Is it possible that CF will add a coaster every year at KI for said years? Yeah, it's possible. But unlikely. I don't think KI has ever put in two coasters back-to-back. Have they?

I would think KI would want to become more of a destination than just a park. With the new hotel, I could see them working up trip packages with park perks and more. I could also see an Action Zone expansion, it's the ONLY part of the park that FEELS like a dead-end. Every other part of the park flows right into the next area. AZ is just a dead-end to the park! I would love to see this happen.

I also expect, with CF's reputation, a BIG expansion onto Fearfest! -Hauntguy

"Better games"

What more in games could you want??? We just got that 3pt game last season and there are plenty of games in the rest of the park, i am sure many on this site would agree there are too many games. LOL :P

Billy, I don't think he's necessarily referring to new high tech super sweet games (although I would not be opposed to that) but take a look at our coney mall games and game signs. They look and feel as if they never been improved since the park was opened. I say it every year, they at least need a paint job. I do like what Cedar Point did to their games. New look and feel, very modern, yet we're stuck in the past.

As far as the rest of the coney mall, just like the games, it just feels way to old. Everything in coney mall needs at least some sort of fresh paint. Same with I-street. I love the feel of I street, but fresh paint will only help to keep it looking clean. The park, sadly, is showing its age. I am not saying age is bad, but it needs to be freshened up a bit.

I think they would like Cedar Point to continue to be the place to go for the coaster thrill seekers. So I believe that they will push all the parks surrounding Cedar Point to be a family theme/entertainment park. The folks in the industry keep telling us that the families of all ages are the ones who spend the most money. So the Coaster thrill seekers will still be relatively close to Cedar Point and can spend their dollars there as concentrated group.